Watch Skal Labissiere vs. Thon Maker

Screen Shot 2015-04-09 at 12.38.26 PM

Skal Labissiere and Thon Maker went to head to head in a series of one-on-one drills in the post at yesterday’s Hoop Summit practice, and it was a spirited battle, according to those in attendance.

Lucky for us, Draft Express has video of the two outstanding bigs going at it:

And then there is this gem from Draft Express…

Just like the previous day, where Labisserie released an incredible turnaround jumper in the post that had scouts gushing, he executed a couple more very impressive moves that showed just how talented he is, including a one-legged Nowitzki style shot and a gorgeous running jump-hook swooping through the lane. [DraftExpress.com]

CAN YOU IMAGINE THESE GUYS ON THE SAME TEAM???

Article written by Drew Franklin

8 Comments for Watch Skal Labissiere vs. Thon Maker

1. Kevin C
    1:30 pm April 9, 2015 Permalink

Wow, this video has it all: travelling, palming, offensive fouls (according to how it was called on our bigs this year), defensive molestation, missed shots galore. What a showcase of talent!

• sylvar
      1:37 pm April 9, 2015 Permalink

😀 I was thinking the same thing.

2. PatrickSparksDoubleChin
    1:42 pm April 9, 2015 Permalink

Both will be playing overseas next season.

• theSkinny81
      2:25 pm April 9, 2015 Permalink

Neither will be playing at Louisville next year.

FIFY

3. FlySoup
    1:42 pm April 9, 2015 Permalink

Sweet ability to make a shot

4. Wildcat7
    1:53 pm April 9, 2015 Permalink

I noticed the traveling too between them but I also noticed the extremely strong potential both have to be incredible basketball players. Size. Athleticism. Both look like a raw Anthony Davis. Plus both are 7’0 and move like guards. Good thing we have 1 of the 2 already. Now if Maker & Zimmerman can join. Won’t mind the defense prowlness of Diaello added either but if he’s looking for playing time as a main factor I can’t see him joining us if we get Maker & Zimmerman.

Ulis
    Poythress
    Lee
    Hawkins
    Willis

Briscoe (PG-SG)
    Skal L. (PF-C)
    Matthews (SG)

My hopefuls but not likely due too many at one or two positions (poor Willis still won’t play & it’s a good chance Lee won’t either unless he starts to establish a jump shot and better body positioning to block people)

Brown (SG-SF) but will take Newman if we can’t get him.
    Maker (SF-C)
    Zimmerman (PF-C)
    Diaello (PF)

I’ll be honest though. IF this happens then we will actually be a lot more athletic next year but not as physical and they are Freshman which we will see some growing pains but the talent is astounding.

5. nadroj
    2:29 pm April 9, 2015 Permalink

That little turnaround LaMarcus Aldridge style fadeaway from Skal looked good, looked practiced. Definitely excited to see this kid in blue n white.

6. jrdh13
    4:02 pm April 9, 2015 Permalink

I’m excited as hell to see this class unfold since we just had 7 leave. Here to hoping cal gets the kids which I know he will.. Hopefully all the stuff about skal will be ok and I think we have the second coming of Anthony davis