WATCH: Kevin Knox addresses Andrew Miller allegations

Kevin Knox was a popular man tonight, and not necessarily because of his 21-point performance against Missouri. The media finally got a chance to ask Knox about the recent allegations of rules violations, and boy, he handled the circus like a pro. Take a look:

Although Knox couldn’t disclose any specifics about his possible relationship with Andrew Miller or any potential meals the two may have shared – repeatedly saying “I’m not here to talk about that, I’m here to talk about the win” – he could provide insight into his mentality throughout this hectic week and how he first heard of the controversy.

“I just woke up and my dad texted me, he called me and just told me to make sure that I’m focused on the game, focus on your game, don’t focus on nothing [else],” Knox said. “So that’s what I did – I just focused on nothing that was going on. Just gotta stick to working out and making sure I got ready for the game tonight.  ”

Despite the allegations, Knox said he was never worried about losing his eligibility for tonight’s game.

I was sure that I would be able to play this whole week. I wasn’t really focused on none of that,” Knox said. “I let Kentucky and I let the compliance office handle all that, and I was just focused on my game, focused on my teammates, and on just getting this win.”

And what about Coach Cal? What was his advice to the freshman?

“He just told me to stay focused. Don’t talk to nobody about nothing. Get in the gym. Work all this out. Don’t focus on none of it. Talk to your teammates, focus on your teammates, focus on the film.”

Catch all of Knox’s comments about the allegations (plus a few about his Missouri performance) in the video above.

@MaggieDavisKSR

Article written by Maggie Davis

I love sports, podcasts, long walks on the beach and Twitter (@MaggieDavisKSR)

28 Comments for WATCH: Kevin Knox addresses Andrew Miller allegations

1. oruacat2
    11:40 pm February 24, 2018 Permalink

I like this kid, but that’s not what I wanted to hear, at all.

• Brutal Hustler
      1:06 am February 25, 2018 Permalink

He played and was made available to the press. Kentucky/Calipari wouldn’t do that if they were worried about his situation

• ukkatzfan
      1:19 am February 25, 2018 Permalink

What did you want to hear then ? A lie? Did you want him to say that he has owed his basketball skills to God and oruacat2 ?

• oruacat2
      10:29 am February 25, 2018 Permalink

How hard is it to say “it never happened”?

• ClutchCargo
      11:43 am February 25, 2018 Permalink

The kid doesn’t owe any of us an explanation for a yahoo story that cites anonymous sources. The smart thing for him is to say nothing right now. It’s not hard to understand.

• oruacat2
      12:36 pm February 25, 2018 Permalink

“It never happened, let’s move on” That’s not hard to understand.

One kid potentially jeopardizing wins that the rest of the team has achieved – that’s the kind of thing that breaks a team apart.

• 4everUKblue
      7:29 am February 26, 2018 Permalink

oruacat are you really Slater? Because that sounds exactly like something that nimrod would say.

2. Alleykat16
    11:56 pm February 24, 2018 Permalink

I happy for him I would in today’s world with Twitter and all staying focused could be hard to do but the kid did great this team is getting close to date I say peaking

3. Rixter
    1:13 am February 25, 2018 Permalink

It seemed like he wasn’t very focused tonight.

4. unbridled
    2:34 am February 25, 2018 Permalink

I’m kinda worried. Regardless, if something nefarious happened….the damage is done. We need to just ride the train.

5. unbridled
    2:37 am February 25, 2018 Permalink

Also, I’m pretty sure Kevin Knox DID NOT address the Andrew Miller allegations. Never can close.

6. big cat
    3:21 am February 25, 2018 Permalink

How many past and current ESPN analysts that played or coached in NCAA ever cheated? We might not ever know but I hate ESPN smug commentators and anaylsts that jump to conclusions.

• RealCatsFan
      5:40 am February 25, 2018 Permalink

Well, if they played for dook, the chances are probably near 100%. They just did it hnder the immunity provided by the NCAA.

• Bill Walton was going all “This goes against everything I believe in morally, ethically…” etc. at the start of the Zona game. I wonder if he knows the name Sam Gilbert? Maybe Walton didn’t accept favors, but it’s clear plenty of UCLA players did back then.

7. Brad
    5:54 am February 25, 2018 Permalink

Nothing to worry about with Kevin imo

• Racerr11
      8:43 am February 25, 2018 Permalink

If your worried u want to be. He was cleared the Dawkins guy is not credible never has been he’s only 24 himself so take it with a grain of salt. I like the fact that him and his dad made a statement soon after news came out that said, we have never met or had a meal with Christian Dawkins . Pretty clear. Noel and Bam prob fabricated also . UK fans wake up and stop making something out of nothing just like u did all year with this team, now look at them there ready as usual when tourney time comes. Cal always has em ready. No other coach I would want….period. read on here where someone said Cal got another school in trouble, Cal was cleared at UMass and Memphis and they’ve already said school not involved at all. Make it something it’s not if you want that’s what some of are fans do.we are all good. Bring the big show on.

• 4everUKblue
      9:09 am February 25, 2018 Permalink

^^^^^NAILED IT!

• yoshukai
      2:20 pm February 25, 2018 Permalink

Chrisgett , Walton is on record saying he took a pay cut going from UCLA to his rookie contract.

8. Dildo Baggins
    12:11 pm February 25, 2018 Permalink

How hard is it to say the guy bought me a cheeseburger so I have donated $200 to charity?

• oruacat2
      12:36 pm February 25, 2018 Permalink

Exactly.

• Atg2112
      3:04 pm February 25, 2018 Permalink

Do you have undeniable proof he, or his dad had the meal? If true, and that’s a big if, it could have been his third cousin by marriage that met with the guy. Also, PR 101 says that, especially at the beginning, you just do not comment. Whether it’s true or false is irrelevant. Give no fuel to the fire either way. If you confirm or deny, media will twist it to feed the agenda. They cannot do that with “no comment”.

• oruacat2
      3:12 am February 26, 2018 Permalink

” Whether it’s true or false is irrelevant” Nonsense.

• 4everUKblue
      7:31 am February 26, 2018 Permalink

^^^Ok Slater you’ve got too many different handles on this site.

• Jester
      2:51 pm February 26, 2018 Permalink

Oruacat2 I would bet a free meal with an agent you have never spoke to or interacted with an agent.

There’s a reason everyone from government agencies to private individuals refuse to comment or “cannot confirm or deny” those reports.

You don’t put coal on the fire if you don’t want it to grow hotter. The media is not your friend, their business is to make news, not report it. You give them anything at all and they will run with it. So he did the right thing to not address it.

• Jester
      2:52 pm February 26, 2018 Permalink

Meant to say “spoke to or interacted with a journalist”

9. yoshukai
    2:17 pm February 25, 2018 Permalink

The kid was told not to talk about it and he didn’t. What the hell is wrong with some of you .

• antiquefurnitureandmidgets
      9:36 pm February 25, 2018 Permalink

Exactly. I’m pretty sure no one was going to say, “Kevin, nothing could possibly go wrong if you address this extremely sticky situation so please talk only if it.”

10. dballrb
    3:39 pm February 25, 2018 Permalink

Can’t stand to watch a UCLA game because of Homer Hippy William Walton..Biased as hell.Ive said it many times that he needs to shut the hell up about “improper benefits”..A river of Furs,cars,Cash flowed through UCLA..Shut up Billy..