WATCH: Kentucky basketball releases MORE practice highlights

@KentuckyMBB

If you’re not aware of this yet, the Kentucky coaching staff and those around the program are excited about the basketball team. Extremely excited.

We’re already getting inside information from our friend TJ Beisner at CoachCal.com, who has been releasing practice recaps, player interviews, and podcasts each week.

Now, the official Kentucky men’s basketball account is unleashing more practice content on both Twitter and Instagram almost daily.

First up, a Reid Travis slam in transition, assisted by Tyler Herro:

Next, Immanuel Quickley swatted Quade Green’s shot back in his face:

On Instagram, we’re getting similar videos to the ones shown above, but also more raw footage on their story:

Very, very impressive.

We’re just a few weeks away from the Bahamas trip, BBN. Hang on just a bit longer, and then we’ll have all the highlight videos we could ever need… To hold us over until Big Blue Madness, at least.

Article written by Jack Pilgrim

Follow me on Twitter: @JackPilgrimKSR

14 Comments for WATCH: Kentucky basketball releases MORE practice highlights

1. TreyTingle
    8:33 pm July 18, 2018 Permalink

So is UK sort of sponsored by Jordan now? Those practice uniforms definitely had the jumpman logo on them and we’ve seen Cal rock a Jordan UK jacket before.

2. krautdog
    8:37 pm July 18, 2018 Permalink

This is awesome! Can’t wait for BB season to begin.

3. plumloopy
    8:38 pm July 18, 2018 Permalink

I honestly don’t know what to think because every year it’s the same thing. The team looks great, the staff is excited, so-and-so looks better than expected. I just don’t know what/when to believe. November, I guess.

• mashburnfan1
      9:09 pm July 18, 2018 Permalink

We will know exactly what we have in late January, just like most years. Everyone makes these guys unbeatable without seeing them play college ball. Fact is with FR you don’ know till they play. I do know our returning players are average at best, hope they improved and the FR are as good as most think and we have a shot, but that is alot of ifs.

• Cokely53
      9:37 pm July 18, 2018 Permalink

Hey everyone look! The trolls are back, gonna be a tough season for you all with us being really good huh? Better make it count now because you might not get many chances down the road.

4. BTownUKFan
    9:47 pm July 18, 2018 Permalink

Would young Calipari’s sisters be so kind as to tell him to ditch the line beard? That is a UL trait. GO CATS !!

5. Aar
    10:43 pm July 18, 2018 Permalink

Obviously, we won’t know exactly what to expect of this team until the Uof L game. IMHO, it’s that way every year. From the few tiny clips I’ve seen so far I like what I’m seeing. In particular, I’ve been watching Green and Herro because I think they a both weaker links and really key to this team’s success. In one clip, I saw Herro defending better than expected. In others, I liked that he shows passing and finish in the paint skills. From Green, I’m seeing new playmaking skills and that the team trusts him more. Want to see clips of him defending. Also want action from Baker and Richards in more clips. To a certain degree, I trust that the other six scholarship players will have a very positive plus/minus. If the four mentioned also deliver on the plus/minus stat, Whoo! (as Cal says it)

6. Robkycats54
    10:13 am July 19, 2018 Permalink

I agree I want to see baker & Richards also I would like to see Hagans some as well but the guy from the clips I’m most impressed with is EJ….. he is going to be a beast, but somehow Baker is my favorite player him or Quade…..

• WillT
      1:59 pm July 19, 2018 Permalink

If Baker is your favorite player you are going to be disappointed this season. Heard several outlets say his defense is not even close to where it needs to be to play. When Matt asked Cal about Baker being the best shooter on the team Cal quickly denied that and said Keldon was the most consistent… probably to lessen everyone’s expectations of Baker seeing significant minutes this year.

7. Robkycats54
    2:46 pm July 19, 2018 Permalink

Lol @WillT I agree with you about him less minutes possibly because of the talent in front of him but it’s no way keldon shoots better than baker, Keldon might be the 6th best the team & if hear the interview from TJ beisner on keldon about him being the shooter he said he didn’t want to lose his job so he agreed lol

Read that & tell me where he is behind at… it sounds like all good signs to me & practice defense doesn’t always translate ask Hami Diallo lol
    The game is setup to the 3pt arc, Villanova/Warriors, we will see in about 3 weeks in the Bahamas…..