Watch James Young’s pre-Draft highlights from his time at Kentucky

(Photo by James Devaney/GC Images)

(Photo by James Devaney/GC Images)

(Photo by James Devaney/GC Images)

Yesterday, @RocNation tweeted a link to a YouTube video showcasing the talents of one its newest clients, Kentucky guard/forward James Young. The 18-year-old Young signed with Roc Nation Sports– the brainchild of hip-hop-artist-turned-media-mogul Jay-Z– on May 1, joining 2013-14 NBA MVP Kevin Durant as one of only two male basketball players on the R-O-C’s client list.

The YouTube video, posted by user STARTGOON1, does contain music with language unsuitable for the workplace. I repeat, if you or anyone else watching the video do not wish to be subject to the NSFW language accompanying the highlight video, please mute your device. The montage starts with the Rochester Hills, Michigan native’s announcement to attend the University of Kentucky, and ends 3:25 later with Young’s pre-Draft interview with DraftExpress.

96 Conclusion Logo

@Condre3000_KSR

Article written by Connor Link

#FreeEnes

22 Comments for Watch James Young’s pre-Draft highlights from his time at Kentucky

1. UpperSectionStudent
    11:19 am May 28, 2014 Permalink

I refuse to accept the fact that we live in a world where a grown man can where those pants and think he looks good.

• Ryan Gosling
      5:47 pm May 28, 2014 Permalink

The “where” really threw me off. I get it now though, nice play on words.

Sincerely,
      Ryan Gosling

2. Bernard Cote
    11:24 am May 28, 2014 Permalink

If there was ever a sweater to buy at goodwill, it’s that one.

3. RC
    11:49 am May 28, 2014 Permalink

JY will get drafted LATE in the 1st round, low 20’s. Mark it down.

• Haha
      12:19 pm May 28, 2014 Permalink

RC is an uneducated FOOL, probably in his late 40’s. Mark it down.

• RC
      1:24 pm May 28, 2014 Permalink

I happen to watch a lot of NBA basketball. And the draft.

If you think JY is a lottery pick this year it means you think he’s in the Ben McLemore, Shabazz Muhammed, Bradley Beal, Terrence Ross, Jeremy Lamb, Klay Thompson, Alec Burks, Kawhi Leonard- range of player.

I see JY in the Tim Hardaway Jr, Reggie Bullock, Tony Wroten, Marshon Brooks, Jimmy Butler-range.

You also need to consider how many outstanding players there are in this draft, including Foreign players and Seniors (like Doug McDermott & Cleanthony Early).

JY has a chance to go in the lottery but that puts him ahead of guys like Nick Stauskas, Gary Harris, Rodney Hood and PJ Hariston. Maybe it happens but I don’t see it. Too many flaws in JY’s game and too many great players this year.

• Ryan Gosling
      5:40 pm May 28, 2014 Permalink

He is projected in the 20’s, so this guy is right. And I bet HAHA is some sorority guy with a penis the size of his index finger 🙂

Sincerely,
      Ryan Gosling

4. Jomani
    11:56 am May 28, 2014 Permalink

I think that Nuggets article that was posted on here hit the nail on the head. Young wants to live the superstar life before he’s even gotten there. I hate saying this but I feel like his career won’t be that great and his ego will prevent him from ever being good

5. Blake
    12:09 pm May 28, 2014 Permalink

What’s with the hate? James young to me has the skill set to be a great player, Along with good size and athleticism. I honestly think he’ll be a steal if he drops below 15. So what the man sat next to rhianna? I would too.

• Haha
      12:20 pm May 28, 2014 Permalink

I can’t believe the restraint he showed haha.

• Ryan Gosling
      5:45 pm May 28, 2014 Permalink

Are you speaking to yourself in third person? I am lost. Also, no comma after showed, I don’t get what you are saying????

Sincerely,
      Ryan Gosling

6. UKBlue
    12:31 pm May 28, 2014 Permalink

I’m sorry, I’m not going to miss Young, talk abut a frustrating player to watch, the kids a primadonna; they should put together a highlight reel of all his missed defensive plays & lazy passes. This kid too lazy to make it very long in the NBA.

7. Jay_Postoasties
    12:35 pm May 28, 2014 Permalink

Is it cold in that building?

8. Randy #1VolFan Jenkins
    1:33 pm May 28, 2014 Permalink

This is the player that will get you all in trouble in two years or so. Mark it down.
    #VOLorNOTHIN’

• Ryan Gosling
      5:44 pm May 28, 2014 Permalink

You leroy’s cousin?

9. WERD-HALLATCHEW
    2:26 pm May 28, 2014 Permalink

I Know he was HIPNOTIZED , but DAMMM !!!!!!! Would give anything to know wat be goin on inside that NOGGIN rite then . ; P

10. Jughead
    3:08 pm May 28, 2014 Permalink

James–really–you do not want Chris Brown’s skanky, sloppy seconds.

• Ryan Gosling
      5:41 pm May 28, 2014 Permalink

They’re not too sloppy, and bet a quarter to a horse’s ass that you’d take them

Sincerely,
      Ryan Gosling

11. Obvious
    4:58 pm May 28, 2014 Permalink

With pointers like that why ever wear the shirt? Also good luck to James Young.

• Ryan Gosling
      5:42 pm May 28, 2014 Permalink

“Pointers” lmao. Can we be friends?

Sincerely,
      Ryan Gosling

12. Song-is-trash
    7:19 pm May 28, 2014 Permalink

Glad to hear Rap has found a niche in the English language.

13. KJ
    6:50 am May 29, 2014 Permalink

I simply don’t understand how the N word is ok for black people to use and they love it in Rap music, but are highly offended when white people use it. I hate the word and I am white, but why do blacks like it sometimes and supposedly are offended other times?