Watch Isaac Humphries show off his singing voice

Photo via the Courier-Journal

Photo via the Courier-Journal

Photo via the Courier-Journal

Isaac Humphries first told us about his love for music when he committed to Kentucky back in August, and the Aussie big man has shown us glimpses of his singing voice from time to time on Twitter. Today, the Courier-Journal has a great video feature on Humphries’ hidden talent in which we get to hear him sing Snow Patrol’s “Chasing Cars” and Adele’s “Hello”:

Humphries told Kyle Tucker that his favorite artist is Beyonce and favorite song is “Ordinary People” by John Legend. After the Ohio State game in Brooklyn, he stayed in New York with his mom and saw three Broadway shows, including “Wicked,” his favorite.

Really great stuff here, and Kyle Tucker and Michael Clevenger put a lot of work into it, so check out the entire feature at The Courier-Journal.

7 Comments for Watch Isaac Humphries show off his singing voice

1. Long Dong Silver
    1:17 pm January 13, 2016 Permalink

I hate country music. That last post sucked. Buy tickets? I wouldn’t take them for free. Thanks for the heads up

2. Mathlete
    1:37 pm January 13, 2016 Permalink

Isaac’s a basketball player at UK who sings, plays piano, loves his mama, and has an Australian accent. He is going to *love* college.

No wonder he’s not getting into games though, he must be exhausted after all of those late night extra-curriculars.

3. DUltimateWarrior
    1:47 pm January 13, 2016 Permalink

He’s a very talented kid…..hopefully he will soon be adding string music to his reportorie.

4. BlueDeuce
    1:52 pm January 13, 2016 Permalink

When this young man starts cracking the lineup every night, slap some headphones on him before the game and at halftime!

5. Mikey Likes It
    2:26 pm January 13, 2016 Permalink

This will be the new UK Player sings Old Man River

6. scwhite9
    3:22 pm January 13, 2016 Permalink

He’s is our very own Renaissance man. I love it. He is talented, humble, and just seems as if he would be so much fun to be around.

7. jaws2
    4:35 pm January 13, 2016 Permalink

Isaac seems to be a pretty well rounded kid. I hope he continues to develop as a player because I think he can really help us down the road.