WATCH: Immanuel Quickley thanks BBN, “the greatest fans in the world”

This morning, Immanuel Quickley announced he is declaring — and staying in — the NBA Draft, ending his career as a Kentucky Wildcat. The sophomore guard put out an official statement through UK and other media outlets, but he also shared a more personal message on Instagram.

“No one knows what the future would have held due to the unforeseen COVID-19 pandemic but I believe my teammates and I would have been in the hunt for a national championship. I really believe the only thing that could have stopped us was ourselves.

“I’m so glad I chose Kentucky. It was one of the best decisions of my life. If I’ve encouraged or positively impacted anyone in any part of the BBN or made Kentucky a better place now than it was before I got there, I have done my job.”

Go get ’em, IQ.

13 Comments for WATCH: Immanuel Quickley thanks BBN, “the greatest fans in the world”

1. DavidP19
    9:38 am April 13, 2020 Permalink

Good kid. Good player. Wish him the best. Go kick some ass.

2. bosch8184
    9:48 am April 13, 2020 Permalink

Best fans in the world, or like me used to be.

Call me whatever you want, probably only watched 10 games this year (granted life got in the way) but that is more games missed than the years of 1991 – 2019 combined.

7 new players every year and a revolving door of one and dones (or an occasional two and done) is just not what I want to root for.

Sorry, it is what it is.

• VirginiaCat
      2:43 pm April 13, 2020 Permalink

I suspect that Bosch8184’s point of view is much more prevalent than acknowledged. When I see someone on the street in UK gear, I often engage them in conversation that centers around upcoming games, player personnel, etc. Increasingly, there seems to be a malaise among fans about the direction of the program. These are lifelong Cat fans who are the heart of the BBN. We can’t simply dismiss their viewpoint because we don’t like it. We shouldn’t tell them, “Go find another team.” Cal’s early success blunted a lot of the criticism of the OAD system, but the disaffection since 2015 is becoming more and more palpable.

3. BlueByYou
    10:07 am April 13, 2020 Permalink

And we should care, why? Don’t be sorry, just go away if you don’t like it. No ones forcing you and no one cares that you’ve moved on.

• bosch8184
      10:23 am April 13, 2020 Permalink

Eventually, when enough of us stop buying tickets, etc. it will matter…and already happening. We’re generally not the message board type but it is happening in droves.

• MississippiBlue
      10:43 am April 13, 2020 Permalink

Are you the same collection of fans who go to games and sit on their bums without loudly clapping or standing for our players? If so boy/girl bye lol

• Newtype
      11:07 am April 13, 2020 Permalink

You’re in the minority old timer. Y’all ain’t making a difference.

• BlueBanker18
      12:00 pm April 13, 2020 Permalink

Please stop buying tickets so the rest of us can go. We’ll actually stand up, cheer, be engaged unlike those in the Boomer Bowl seats.

4. IrishCat
    10:15 am April 13, 2020 Permalink

Thank you IQ!

5. Newtype
    11:07 am April 13, 2020 Permalink

My favorite PERSON in my time watching UK.

6. Dr. Tom
    3:47 pm April 13, 2020 Permalink

Thank you Quick for all the great memories the last two years. During those last several games as a CAT I knew your shot was going in after it left your hands. I don’t know if I ever saw a UK team that had more fun and smiles on the court than this one. You are a special player and person and are so fortunate to have had the support of such a loving family. There is no doubt that you will be successful in life after UK and basketball. Go make BBN and especially your family proud!!

• trumpetguy
      5:33 pm April 13, 2020 Permalink

Well said DrT, IQ became a baller right before our eyes and had a great time doing it.