WATCH: Hamidou Diallo arrives at the NBA Combine

Chet White | UK Athletics

Photo by Chet White | UK Athletics

Photo by Chet White | UK Athletics

Sixty-seven aspiring pros are currently making their way to Chicago, Illinois for the NBA Combine, which begins today and runs through Sunday. Perhaps sensing Kentucky fans’ anxiety over Hamidou Diallo’s decision, the folks who run the @NBADraft Twitter account just uploaded this video of Diallo arriving in Chicago. Of all 67 players participating this week, Diallo’s situation is probably the most unique because he didn’t play a single minute for Kentucky last semester, yet some believe he could end up being a lottery pick based on his measurements and hype alone. What does Diallo, who elected NOT to participate in the 5-on-5 scrimmages, hope to accomplish this week?

“I’m excited to show you guys the real Hamidou Diallo and let you guys get to know me throughout this process,” Diallo says in the clip.

The feedback Hami gets this week will be crucial for his decision and a first round guarantee would be tough to turn down, but it sure would be nice to get to know the real Hamidou Diallo in a Kentucky uniform first.

18 Comments for WATCH: Hamidou Diallo arrives at the NBA Combine

1. jrdh13
    2:15 pm May 9, 2017 Permalink

anyone else notice when hami got on campus thats when wenyen gabriel started playing horrible.. i think this kid was a distraction from day one.. i still want him on our team but the whole enrolling process was just super fishy…

• WatchutalkinboutWillis
      2:22 pm May 9, 2017 Permalink

You think Diallo is the reason that Gabriel played worse? That is a stretch.

• jrdh13
      2:26 pm May 9, 2017 Permalink

they hung out abunch and i think he influenced him..

• jrdh13
      2:28 pm May 9, 2017 Permalink

his I dont care attitude didnt effect people like monk or fox because they were on a mission wenyen not so much

2. CatstopWontstop
    2:17 pm May 9, 2017 Permalink

Whatever this kid does, he does, and good for him either way but I’m not investing in it until he makes a final decision.

3. Chacosrule
    3:03 pm May 9, 2017 Permalink

If he can go first round, he needs to go now. Lets not be selfish.

• BCO
      3:28 pm May 9, 2017 Permalink

I dunno. Pretty substantial difference between end of first round money and top 10 money.

• Mathlete
      3:39 pm May 9, 2017 Permalink

BCO – there’s an even bigger difference between end-of-first-round money and no money

4. chris43
    3:25 pm May 9, 2017 Permalink

Would have been nice for the UK fans to have a chance to get to know you and see the real Hami. I’m all about UK players going pro and I seriously mean that. But if you haven’t ever played for UK….I don’t actually consider you a Wildcat and therefore I do not support you…..hence you’re no different from any other player on any other team.

• Mathlete
      3:39 pm May 9, 2017 Permalink

so Enes isn’t a Wildcat either?

• chris43
      4:20 pm May 9, 2017 Permalink

Big difference…..Enes actually attended and WANTED to play but wasn’t played due to eligibility concerns. I have nothing against Enes but I also highly doubt anyone considers him a fan favorite or even one of the most memorable Wildcats. The fact is if you don’t play BBN doesn’t have the chance to grow attached and cheer for you. All for the “one and done” and don’t blame these guys a bit! But if you’re “none and done”….hell no I’ll never consider you a Wildcat.

• Enes wanted to play but wasn’t allowed. There is a difference IMO.

But yes, I still find it a bit weird that we claim Enes as a Cat. However, if it helps with recruiting to have him in that collage on the wall in the locker room, then I’m all for it. I REALLY have a hard time claiming Diallo as a Cat if he’s a “none and done”, but whatever. They didn’t ask me.

• jim tom
      5:32 pm May 9, 2017 Permalink

10-4

5. WestWorld
    4:04 pm May 9, 2017 Permalink

He seems very excited…

6. Angelo
    4:19 pm May 9, 2017 Permalink

This will be great for recruiting if he makes a pro after just six months with Cal.

7. Is there anything that can be said about this situation that hasn’t already been said? Look at these comments. Almost all of them could have been cut and pasted verbatim from previous posts about the situation. Calgon take me away!!!

8. Oldone
    5:26 pm May 9, 2017 Permalink

You can tell a bunch of brats wrote most of these. So young and know really very little. Time, kids. Time will mold your minds.

9. Catlogic15
    5:32 pm May 9, 2017 Permalink

Hope he comes back, but pretty much over it now.