WATCH: Alabama’s Collin Sexton hits game-winner vs. Texas A&M

Now it feels like March. SEC Co-Freshman of the Year Collin Sexton just ran the length of the court to hit a buzzer-beater to give Alabama the 71-70 win over Texas A&M, a major boost to the Crimson’s Tide’s NCAA Tournament resume:

Bama advances to play 1-seed Auburn tomorrow afternoon at 1 p.m. Michael Porter and Missouri are up next vs. Georgia.

[mobile_ad]

23 Comments for WATCH: Alabama’s Collin Sexton hits game-winner vs. Texas A&M

1. ukjaybrat
    3:30 pm March 8, 2018 Permalink

1) that was an awesome play by sexton

2) that was AWFUL defense by A&M. all four dudes in the paint just kinda watched him run right to the basket and the only dude that got his hands up was way too late. would have been goaltending anyway.

• Booby Petrino
      4:02 pm March 8, 2018 Permalink

it was almost like they didn’t want to win (A&M). Just watched him breeze by, except for the guy trying to keep up with him.

• Biglaw Dawgin'
      4:17 pm March 8, 2018 Permalink

True that. Those three in the backcourt had no idea who was guarding who before the ball was thrown in. Dude who ended up guarding Sexton started out guarding the guy on the right. And that was not a switching situation.

• Miller45
      5:53 pm March 8, 2018 Permalink

that boy can scoot! on the inbound I didn’t think they had time for a drive to the basket and would have to settle for a long jump shot

• RealCatsFan
      5:55 pm March 8, 2018 Permalink

Hate to say it, but we have played defense like that at times this year. Hope we don’t do it tomorrow, or it will be an early trip home.

• Didn’t Quade do that against Vandy at the end? Or was it WVU?

• Drive for the winning layup that is. Not the no defense.

• Miller45
      7:16 pm March 8, 2018 Permalink

I’d be danged if I conceded a drive to the basket, if they were gonna win I would make them earn it at the line

2. IAmTheDanger
    3:43 pm March 8, 2018 Permalink

SEC Network might as well be the Michael Porter Network today….geeeez!!

3. I’m home sick today. The upside is I got to see that play!

4. So Porter is 1 game and done?

• RealCatsFan
      5:42 pm March 8, 2018 Permalink

Appears to be likely. 😉

• Miller45
      5:46 pm March 8, 2018 Permalink

what about his brother?

5. Miller45
    5:48 pm March 8, 2018 Permalink

likelihood bama is able to beat auburn tomorrow?

• IAmTheDanger
      5:59 pm March 8, 2018 Permalink

They split the regular season so tmrw is the rubber match. The way these SEC games are going so far, should be a good one. Tonight, I’m the biggest Notre Dame and Miami fan!!

6. Kat4Life
    6:28 pm March 8, 2018 Permalink

Shades of Danny Ainge

7. chris43
    8:20 pm March 8, 2018 Permalink

How in the world Diallo was ranked as the #1 SG and this guy was ranked behind him at #2 coming out of high school I’ll never figure out. Diallo may have been a pure beast in HS but it hasn’t translated to the college success. Doesn’t shoot the ball well, looks out of control driving the ball (hence the amount of charges), appears to have low basketball IQ, and quite simply just looks out of it at times. Heck! Haven’t even seen the monster dunks be common to match his monster vertical! I truly hate to sound this way but he’s been a major disappointment thus far especially after having all that extra time due to being a Wildcat since Jan 2017. I just don’t get it…but hopefully he proves me wrong and has a monster tourney!

• IAmTheDanger
      8:58 pm March 8, 2018 Permalink

I’m with you man. I thought he would be miles ahead of where he is right now. I think maybe sitting out that amount of time after arriving at UK messed with him somehow. Hope he figures it out starting tomorrow, especially with the JV situation.