Washington Post: “Rick Pitino is the devil”

We make plenty of fun of Rick Pitino on this site, but sometimes it takes a bigger outlet making fun of him to really appreciate how demented Pitino has become over the years. Norman Chad writes the Couch Slouch column for the Washington Post, and this morning, he penned a piece in which he calls Rick Pitino the devil. Really, “Rick Pitino is the devil” is the first line of the article. Chad rakes Pitino over the coals for not taking any responsibility for his program’s sex scandal, the latest in a long line of improprieties.

Now, I am not an NCAA regulator and I have not seen the updated NCAA handbook, but my hunch is that sex with strippers falls under the category of “impermissible benefits.”

Then again, when Pitino had sex on a table in a Louisville restaurant in 2003 with a woman other than his wife, it did not violate the morals clause of his contract, so who’s to say?

It’s worth noting that Chad lists John Calipari, Jim Boeheim, and Roy Williams alongside Pitino on his “contemporary Mount Rushmore of charm-all college basketball coaching charlatans,” but all of his ire is directed towards Pitino in this piece. It’s full of stuff that will make you nod your head and say, “Exactly!” so head on over to the Washington Post for more.

[Washington Post]

9 Comments for Washington Post: “Rick Pitino is the devil”

1. Seven Ate Nine
    11:18 am December 5, 2016 Permalink

Well. I’m not going to give Washington Post the ad rev, but I appreciate the fact that this article exists.

2. Bluebloodtoo
    11:43 am December 5, 2016 Permalink

That article is anticlimactic. I kept waiting for the closing “boom” roast, but i found myself reading the stupid questions at the end and realized that the article was done. You aren’t missing anything by skipping it.

3. runningunnin.454
    12:12 pm December 5, 2016 Permalink

Who’s he calling a charlatan?
    Got no use for Wash Post; my parrot died.

4. UK Big Bored Update
    1:22 pm December 5, 2016 Permalink

Don’t waste your time.

Pretty sure Bobby Petrino is the devil.

5. GuthrieFlash
    1:55 pm December 5, 2016 Permalink

In a related story, Lucifer said he was “highly offended and somewhat embarrassed” to be mentioned in the same breath as “FEBUK” (as he referred to Coach Pitino).

“This guy makes me look like an amateur,” the Prince of Darkness added. “I hope to be an assistant coach someday just to pick up some pointers in lying and deception. This guy is the absolute best!”

“I will take credit for the vanity hairplugs,” the Devil said. “But that’s really so easy, I shouldn’t brag about it. I have ’em myself.”

6. david8577
    3:19 pm December 5, 2016 Permalink

Statements like this are pretty good, “Anyhow, let’s give credit where credit is due: Someone at Louisville, monitored or otherwise, realized that offering recruits free sex with strippers was an excellent recruiting tool; ” We all really need to remember, UL went to a final four, and then won a championship, and it was not possible without the prostitutes. They absolutely cheated, and the banner should come down. It probably won’t come down, but we ill all know the truth.

7. Luether
    7:49 pm December 5, 2016 Permalink

The Wash Post, unfortunately, has very little credibility…

• UK Big Board Update
      9:01 pm December 5, 2016 Permalink

So, you think Pitino is an angel?

• UK Big Board Update
      9:04 pm December 5, 2016 Permalink

“Anyhow, let’s give credit where credit is due: Someone at Louisville, monitored or otherwise, realized that offering recruits free sex with strippers was an excellent recruiting tool; ” We all really need to remember, UL went to a final four, and then won a championship, and it was not possible without the prostitutes. They absolutely cheated, and the banner should come down. It probably won’t come down, but we ill all know the truth.”