Over the last week or so, the official Kentucky men’s basketball Twitter account has created a tournament of all the top dunks we’ve seen over the course of the John Calipari Era in Lexington.
Now, we’ve finally reached the championship round.
After three rounds, the final two dunks remaining are James Young’s vicious poster slam in the 2014 national title game or Willie Cauley-Stein’s ridiculous throwdown from the SEC logo against Florida in 2015.
Here are the replays of both dunks and the poll right beneath so you can vote on your favorite:
It's all come down to this. Two dunks remain. Will it be @realjamesyoung's hammer in the 2014 national title game or will @THEwillieCS15's throwdown vs. Florida be crowned the top dunk of the @UKCoachCalipari era?
Vote ?? for the winner. #CalDunks
— Kentucky Basketball (@KentuckyMBB) June 7, 2019
At the time of this post, Cauley-Stein’s dunk holds a slim 51%-49% lead over Young’s throwdown.
Here were the original seedings:
- No. 1 seed: James Young with the nasty slam in the 2014 National Championship
- No, 2 seed: Willie Cauley-Stein’s throwdown from the SEC logo against Florida in 2015
- No. 3 seed: Willie Cauley-Stein poster slam against Cincinnati in 2015
- No. 4 seed: Jamal Murray climbing the ladder against South Carolina in 2016
- No. 5 seed: Darius Miller’s one-handed lob against St. John’s in 2011
- No. 6 seed: Darius Miller poster slam against Ole Miss
- No. 7 seed: Michael Kidd-Gilchrist breakaway dunk against Portland in 2011
- No. 8 seed: Anthony Davis’ throwdown vs. Louisville in the 2012 Final Four
- No. 9 seed: Eric Bledsoe’s cram on Wake Forest in the 2010 NCAA Tournament
- No. 10 seed: Marcus Lee’s off-the-backboard alley-oop from Tyler Ulis against South Carolina in 2016
James Young’s dunk in the 2014 title game topped Jamal Murray’s dunk at South Carolina in one semifinal matchup, while Willie Cauley-Stein’s dunk against Florida topped Darius Miller’s dunk against Ole Miss in the other semifinal round.
Voting ends for the championship matchup tomorrow, so make sure to pick your favorite before time runs out!