VIDEO: Rex Chapman quizzing students on UK Basketball history is hilarious

screen-shot-2016-12-09-at-12-41-34-pm

Rex Chapman’s doing so well on the UK Pregame Show that UK sent him around campus to quiz students on their UK Basketball knowledge. I don’t think it will surprise you, but the kids these days struggled with even the most basic facts, like UK’s national championship years and past stars. The best part is when Rex asks the students to identify a picture of himself from his playing days:

I love when the girls diss his old haircut, saying his bangs look like they were cut by a child. We also have our new favorite GIF, the “Sassy Rex”:

sassy-rex

24 Comments for VIDEO: Rex Chapman quizzing students on UK Basketball history is hilarious

1. rnet
    1:55 pm December 9, 2016 Permalink

all I know for sure is oh boy REX is a wierd looking dude. Sing much, little obvious?

2. runningunnin.454
    2:09 pm December 9, 2016 Permalink

Some people are simply too young to talk to.

3. az1006
    2:11 pm December 9, 2016 Permalink

If you’re from Kentucky and ANY kind of kentucky basketball fan, how do you not know who Rex Chapman is? Even if you’re 19?

This honestly made me cringe.

• FlySoup
      3:09 pm December 9, 2016 Permalink

If someone is 19 then they were born right around the last time Rex was even relevant and almost 10 years after he played at UK. That’s how someone doesn’t know who Rex Chapman is.

• runningunnin.454
      3:21 pm December 9, 2016 Permalink

I don’t remember when Ralph Beard played; but, I know who he is…I even know the story about old man Wrigley sending him a case of juicy fruit gum because he couldn’t find any in London when he was on the way to winning the gold medal.

• FlySoup
      3:28 pm December 9, 2016 Permalink

you also read and post on a uk sports blog daily. The kids in this video probably have other things that interest them besides players who played here decades ago.

• runningunnin.454
      4:49 pm December 9, 2016 Permalink

I’m sure they do, and I’m sure I would find their interests facinating……they obviously preclude their supporting the players that compete today.

• RealCatsFan
      5:23 pm December 9, 2016 Permalink

I am at least going out of my way to educate my two daughters about UK basketball. They know who Woo and Louie Dampier are, since both live close to us. However, I can understand how a lot of college kids today wouldn’t know who these players are. Maybe they are from out of state, or grew up in families that had no interest in sports. I don’t follow pro sports very much, so I would probably sound pretty ignorant to someone who is into the Vikings, or the Bears, or the Packers. Not all of us are “basketball Bennies”. 🙂

4. Wildfelinebeeline
    2:13 pm December 9, 2016 Permalink

Can’t. Stop. Laughing…….hahahahaha! So cool of Rex to do stuff like this! Thanks T!

5. InigoMontoya
    2:50 pm December 9, 2016 Permalink

Sassy Rex made me dizzy.

6. ClutchCargo
    3:01 pm December 9, 2016 Permalink

I could go the rest of my life without hearing from that douche nozzle again. Loved him as a player, but he is dead to me after his antics before the UConn game.

• RealCatsFan
      5:19 pm December 9, 2016 Permalink

Loved him as a player – especially when he dropped 26 points on Louisville. However, love almost turned to hate when he sent that ill-timed tweet about Cal leaving for LA right before the championship game. You will never convince me that the players did not know about that tweet prior to the game, nor that it had an affect on them. It was obvious to me. So in a way, I have to hold him at least indirectly responsible for a title getting away from us.

Still, it was sad to see him hit rock bottom, and as a Christian I have to hope he got his act together. He at least looks a lot better than he did a few years ago. However, I have yet to hear an apology from him that sounds truly sincere to me. He just sounds like he is not that sorry about whenever anyone brings it up – maybe he is just tired of hearing about it.

• UK Big Board Update
      1:22 pm December 10, 2016 Permalink

How Christian of you, Clutch. #forgiveness

7. kyle heavy
    3:20 pm December 9, 2016 Permalink

Why he continues to get acknowledged is beyond me. The man is an adulterer, a liar, and a thief.

• Elwood BLU
      8:07 am December 10, 2016 Permalink

Who made you the moral police, get off your high horse. Guy is trying to make good on the mistakes hr made. People that live in a glass house, you know the rest, jerk.

8. sincitycat
    4:33 pm December 9, 2016 Permalink

Are you talking about the President elect? ^

• runningunnin.454
      4:51 pm December 9, 2016 Permalink

I thought he was talking about William Jefferson Clinton.

• RealCatsFan
      5:12 pm December 9, 2016 Permalink

HaHa! Could have been either one of them. What a country we live in!

9. Ridge Runner
    7:09 pm December 9, 2016 Permalink

Good stuff. He ought to do that or similar interactions more often. Fun with the students we don’t see or hear often from.

10. Luether
    7:39 pm December 9, 2016 Permalink

This just shows that in basketball, like politics, there are lots of uninformed and misinformed people…

In politics, though, they get to vote…

11. terwilliger
    7:58 pm December 9, 2016 Permalink

We lost that UConn game because the Harrison twins (and I love them… not hating on them at all) could not stay in front of Napier and Boatright. That’s it. I was mad at Rex for doing that, but to act like he cost us the game is just silly. Our players competed hard and were mentally plugged into the game — it was just a bad matchup for us.

12. Booby Night
    8:12 pm December 9, 2016 Permalink

Loved Rex growing up. Probably my favorite Cat ever. But I’m not a fan these days. HIs arrogance is too much to handle. So many other former Cats are so good on TV, I hate that they are giving this guy the gig.