Vanderbilt fans chanted “overrated” at Kentucky while losing, then lost

Vanderbilt fans are supposed to be smart, right? Well, not when it comes to basketball. Kentucky was up by two with 17 seconds left in tonight’s game, which Vandy’s student section interpreted as the perfect time to chant “OVERRATED” at the Cats. While losing. While Malik Monk was at the line to push the lead to four:

Monk nailed those free throws, of course, and two more later in the game to make the final score 87-81. Vanderbilt didn’t score again, which prompted the large percentage of Kentucky fans in Memorial Gym to chant “Go Big Blue.” While winning. Because that’s what you’re supposed to do.

13 Comments for Vanderbilt fans chanted “overrated” at Kentucky while losing, then lost

1. oruacat2
    10:10 pm January 10, 2017 Permalink

The only thing overrated is the supposed intelligence of Vanderbilt students.

2. EdC
    10:27 pm January 10, 2017 Permalink

Oh boy better get Ashley on them.

3. henderblue
    10:28 pm January 10, 2017 Permalink

I think the idiots were aiming their chant at Monk who was “held” to 14 points at that time, mainly by the referees. Trying to rattle the freshman at the free throw line… it didn’t work

• FlySoup
      1:21 pm January 11, 2017 Permalink

Yup. Was directed at monk for exactly the reason you stated.

4. Why is KSR s inconsistent in posting the notification that the KSR post game is about to start??? I missed the entire first segment. I don’t listen to the other post game stuff, especially the scoreboard. There used to be a place for that, but I don’t need 15 minutes of scores I can read in 15 seconds on the net.

• cats42301
      12:39 am January 11, 2017 Permalink

Don’t they always say that the post game show starts 1 hour after the game ends?

• cats42301
      12:41 am January 11, 2017 Permalink

And if the worst part of your day was missing the 1st segment of the call in show I’d say you had a pretty good day, so don’t be so crabby.

5. UK_Steve
    10:48 pm January 10, 2017 Permalink

I’m pretty sure the chant was aimed at Monk.

6. kentuckybackupplayer
    10:54 pm January 10, 2017 Permalink

that over rated chant will come back to haunt them when they come to rupp, monk will light them up and laugh at them for 40 mins.

7. plumloopy
    11:12 pm January 10, 2017 Permalink

I think the chant was “we clearly suck (8-8 now) and you’re barely beating us.” That’s about all you can come up with when you’re looking at a CBI tourny invite, at best.

• ukjaybrat
      7:33 am January 11, 2017 Permalink

then their fans really aren’t that smart. bc a road win is a road win is a road win. doesn’t matter if it’s by 1 or 100. we made mistakes we can learn from and still won. nobody in blue can be mad about that

8. catsarerunnin
    8:53 am January 11, 2017 Permalink

Yeah buddy they really got into Monk’s head on those free throws. Good work Vandy fans. Wish you would have started that earlier in the game.

9. EdC
    9:12 am January 11, 2017 Permalink

OK … message received. Bat them by 54 at Rupp to get the average to 30 for Vandy on the season.