UPDATE: USC Football Coach Prentice Gill Calls P.J. Washington a Bum

pj_washington | IG

pj_washington | IG

It’s been a rough two days for P.J. Washington.

His terrific 18-point, 15-rebound double-double against Kansas State was overshadowed by 12 missed free throws, the most ever by a Kentucky Wildcat according to Big Blue History’s Jon Scott.  Following the loss, P.J. posted the picture above with the caption:

Even though the year didn’t go as planned I’m glad I got to be a part of such a special group of guys and I wouldn’t trade it for the world #BBN?

Naturally, not all of the comments on his post were positive.  There were many haters, one of which came from an unusual source.  Prentice Gill, a USC football graduate assistant who works with wide receivers, left the following comment:

A 27-year old who has been on USC’s staff for three years, Gill’s connection to Washington is unknown, but his comment is uncalled for.

UPDATE

It appears Gill hit the wrong button.

[mobile_ad]

Article written by Nick Roush

"Look upon the doughnut, and not upon the hole." @RoushKSR

65 Comments for UPDATE: USC Football Coach Prentice Gill Calls P.J. Washington a Bum

1. antiquefurnitureandmidgets
    2:18 pm March 24, 2018 Permalink

Who?

• syrin23
      7:41 pm March 24, 2018 Permalink

CAN WE HIRE THE LOYOLA COACH ?!?!?! Guy actually has the guards push the ball up the court leading to open transition shots, more possessions and puts K State on the defense. What a NOVEL F’ING IDEA! Look, they are playing “fast” compared to “Bringing home my baby bumble bee” Shai who walked so slow they should have checked him for Muscular Dystrophy. Loyola WILL score the 70 points Cal said you need to win, AND they are beating the shite out of the below average K State team we couldn’t beat with more “talent”.

2. Ridge Runner
    2:21 pm March 24, 2018 Permalink

Whoa, this moron is out of line in ways I wouldn’t think you need to explain.

3. JustUrAvg
    2:26 pm March 24, 2018 Permalink

Wait and see if he knows the man. What something looks like on the outside isnt always the case.

• Booby Petrino
      4:18 pm March 24, 2018 Permalink

Like anything would excuse a grown ass man calling a kid a bum…yeah ok

• syrin23
      7:46 pm March 24, 2018 Permalink

Yeah, I agree. PJ gave it his all unlike Shai, Quade and Knox. The REAL bum is Cal who should trademark his annual shite coaching int the tourney. Only way we ever win another title with Cal is if we get another once in ten years player like AD surrounded by decent shooters, and even then he will play stall ball and make the title game way closer than it should have been. THAT’S the bum. “I should have called a TO”. REALLY! You think you would have learned from the other dozen times you said the same f’inh thing. THEN WHY DIDN’T YOU?!?! Shite coaching. All you f’ing apologists talking about wins and FF’s are losers. Name the FF from last year, or the year before that. NO ONE remembers or cares about the FF. The team who came in second is first loser. With Ca;’s recruits and salary we should have TRIPLE the titles he has, instead we lose to worse teams with regularity.

4. j
    2:26 pm March 24, 2018 Permalink

Yeah, F that guy.
    Keep your head up PJ!!!

5. BBN_strive_4_9
    2:27 pm March 24, 2018 Permalink

What a moron

6. Bill3
    2:29 pm March 24, 2018 Permalink

So this is a professional at a University who makes a comment like this? Is this really the kind of person we want to teach our college students? Is this the role model that is suppose to lead the way toward being responsible young men and women? There should be a vacancy for a graduate assistant at USC if this gets back to the head coach. I wouldn’t want him on my staff.

7. kjd
    2:31 pm March 24, 2018 Permalink

I would say a hateful moron.

8. ukkatzfan
    2:36 pm March 24, 2018 Permalink

Like this team alot. Had picked a minimum Elite 8 and expected #9. They lost as a team. PJ was not THE reason they lost. And if he had made all of his free thows, he would’t have been the reason we won. Team game, Team win, Team loss. Was a very fun season to watch. Happy for SKJ most of all. He had a real breakout season.

• FlatTopsAndBlockedShots
      2:39 pm March 24, 2018 Permalink

Next year should be a really good team to watch. Better ball movement and overall guard player will be able to lift the forward spots to another level.

• ukkatzfan
      2:46 pm March 24, 2018 Permalink

All are good to watch for me. I prefer a season like this over most. I like to watch the build. Would really like 10 freshman every year. Like the build better than the fine tuning.

9. Alleykat16
    2:38 pm March 24, 2018 Permalink

Well after seeing this from a USC coach I now see why the young man left their program EJ Price if I’m right its the same school. If it is I understand his tweets when he left that program. If my son came to me with offers to that program I would do everything in my power to talk him from going there. To me he’s the real BUM and I hope everything he touches turns to crap

• kish
      5:15 pm March 24, 2018 Permalink

Actually Clay Helton is the reason EJ Price was able to get himself together and his academics in line. It’s well documented that EJ credits Coach Helton for getting back on track. As for this coach he’s an embarrassment to the University totally unacceptable and would be surprised if he remains on staff

10. Kyle50catsfan
    2:42 pm March 24, 2018 Permalink

Keep your head up PJ the BBN loves you guys and we got your backs

11. ukkatzfan
    2:42 pm March 24, 2018 Permalink

Cant find account. Hoping his head coach had him delete it during his dismissal meeting.

12. kyblue0220
    2:45 pm March 24, 2018 Permalink

I agree! PJ is a good kid and he is growing into a great basketball player?

13. Kfckernel
    2:48 pm March 24, 2018 Permalink

Glad PJ kept playing hard to the end. Can’t ask for much more. We didn’t have any better option.

14. Wade
    2:51 pm March 24, 2018 Permalink

There not in the same sport or a rival of ours. If that was the case whatever but do we know him or does pj know him. Either way don’t come to the state bc we remember everything as a fan base and he will def get shit in his sandwich(shitwich) r worse possibly.Bye hater. Ps pj make free throws I know your a freshman and you were never great at it but let’s get on it ASAP gotta be 70% .Love that scowl he does can’t wait to see it next yr.

15. Kfckernel
    2:52 pm March 24, 2018 Permalink

Proud PJ never quit fighting.

16. Bobbum Man
    2:56 pm March 24, 2018 Permalink

Wouldn’t have even been in that game if it wasn’t for PJ, don’t understand how people can’t see that but I guess if you don’t know what ur talking about and just glance at the stats you may get that impression

17. bhb71
    2:58 pm March 24, 2018 Permalink

I feel like BBN needs to have a social media policing system. Like, follow around people who troll our guys and troll them on all of their posts. Report all of their comments too.

18. msnthrop
    2:58 pm March 24, 2018 Permalink

Huh, my take from the game was that Washington played selfishly and I can’t think of a single time on the offensive end when he was passed the ball that he didn’t immediately turn and try to shoot it. I thought his unwillingness to pass was a major reason for the lack of flow on the offense. But hey, circle the wagons…

• Booby Petrino
      4:16 pm March 24, 2018 Permalink

Yeah you’re wrong but go with that if it makes you feel better to put the blame on him.

• weezy1stunnabigmoney
      4:27 pm March 24, 2018 Permalink

Totally wrong, selfish, he had the entire team on his back. No one else did anything. He fouled out the other team. Get out of here joker.

19. BBN_strive_4_9
    3:04 pm March 24, 2018 Permalink

Keep your head up PJ. Next year you will be the beat big man in the sec

20. ClutchCargo
    3:14 pm March 24, 2018 Permalink

UK Fan Calls USC Assistant Coach a Dick

21. BBNBRIAN
    3:17 pm March 24, 2018 Permalink

Sounds like someone lost money…

• makeitstop
      5:31 pm March 24, 2018 Permalink

THAT was my thought. Otherwise makes no sense and I’m pretty sure coaches aren’t supposed to be betting, or maybe that’s just Pete Rose.

22. AllBall
    3:19 pm March 24, 2018 Permalink

If you don’t like criticism then perform better. Even as a devoted and diehard fan I understand people calling out a player that misses 12 free throws.

• Booby Petrino
      4:15 pm March 24, 2018 Permalink

You’re an idiot. Do you think he didn’t want to make the shots? If he could have, he would have. Without him, k state would’ve beaten us worse bc their players wouldn’t have been in foul trouble.

• Dragon
      5:55 pm March 24, 2018 Permalink

Shut up booby. We kbow he wanted to make them. Just suck it up and move on. He shot 40% from free throws in a big game. That sucks. Hesucked at that aspect and that aspect only. Own it and move on

• Booby Petrino
      8:04 pm March 24, 2018 Permalink

Dragon try putting together a decent sentence and maybe someone will listen to you then. He shot better than you type, dumbass.

• Dragon
      10:54 pm March 24, 2018 Permalink

Haha sorry bud.

23. Jiminy Crickets
    3:31 pm March 24, 2018 Permalink

I’ll buy PJ a first class ticket, if he promises to face him face to face and beats his ass.

24. Jiminy Crickets
    3:32 pm March 24, 2018 Permalink

Anyone also wanna bet PJ is 77% or higher on the season fur FTs next year? This kid is a fighter. He’ll never let this go

25. Jiminy Crickets
    3:36 pm March 24, 2018 Permalink

What ever u think is fine, and you have that right. But under no circumstance should anyone attack that mans integrity, or name call. A lot of people on this board attack posters on a daily basis with name calling, and have no right to respond to this guy and call him in the wrong.

26. luke_emberton
    3:43 pm March 24, 2018 Permalink

Look he missed free throws and truth be told he was a huge reason we lost but none of that makes him a bum I hope PJ spends the whole summer working on free throws get that confidence back and next year be that beast we all wanna see he’s a good kid and he’s going to be fine

• Booby Petrino
      4:17 pm March 24, 2018 Permalink

He was a huge reason we were even in the game. Without him we get smoked.

27. weezy1stunnabigmoney
    4:24 pm March 24, 2018 Permalink

Above is another twitter handle I found for old coach here.

28. I’m so late reading this I can’t believe no one mentioned it: he’s probably a gambling degenerate and probably had money on the game.

• Dragon
      6:05 pm March 24, 2018 Permalink

Or maybe he noticed he shot 40% in the ncaa tourney. I doubt PJ would defend it

• Booby Petrino
      8:13 pm March 24, 2018 Permalink

Dragon’s input is worse than pj’s free throw shooting. Moron.

• Dragon
      10:55 pm March 24, 2018 Permalink

Oh don’t talk about his free throw shooting booby!! That’s so mean and hurtful! Douche

29. jfloyd
    4:30 pm March 24, 2018 Permalink

He is on Instagram at the same handle.

30. MF Jones
    4:53 pm March 24, 2018 Permalink

Maybe the USC coach thought he was talking about EJ, not PJ……

31. darthblue
    5:10 pm March 24, 2018 Permalink

This dude is asking to be trolled by the Big Blue Nation. Please BBN do not make any death threats…

32. makeitstop
    5:36 pm March 24, 2018 Permalink

I’m proud of PJ – he played his heart out but couldn’t hit the free throws and they asked him about his great game and he owned it. Said he didn’t play well bc he missed the free throws, and that’s part of the game. That was the most mature answer I saw anyone offer all night. I ageee with whoever said I bet next year he’s a 75% plus free throw shooter. Kid’s got heart and talent and we need that.

33. Han
    5:58 pm March 24, 2018 Permalink

The jerk could easily fit in in the comments here or over at RR. All the gleeful haters and “told-you-so’s” have been out in force since the moment the game ended. Most of them were mysteriously absent during the previous 5-game winning streak.

I’m only just now coming back to the site after avoiding it yesterday. Too many “fans” cope with a loss by being complete jackasses.

34. cathatter
    6:13 pm March 24, 2018 Permalink

never saw any mention on ksr of barbee trolling auburn???

35. catheaven
    6:21 pm March 24, 2018 Permalink

Ignore the idiots, P.J. Adults are “supposed” to know better than to voice their em loves you and knows you did the best you could Thurs. night. We wouldn’t even have been in that game if it wasn’t for you. Learn from it (practice free throws), put it behind you, hold your head up, and move on. It was a team effort and team loss. It’s over. Let’s get excited about next year!

36. hendousmc
    6:27 pm March 24, 2018 Permalink

It’s amazing kids come to this program after reading some of the ignorant and hateful comments certain people put on here. The 2% of dipshit fans with ignorant comments is what’s driving some kids away. It’s a game…not life or death…enjoy the ride and cheer these kids on in both good and bad times.

37. BigWu1
    6:28 pm March 24, 2018 Permalink

The same coach spews quotes from Billy Graham and tweets about influencing young men, what hypocritical piece of shit!

38. Bigsmooth88
    6:49 pm March 24, 2018 Permalink

The coach posted again saying it’s a misunderstanding. He was calling the guy making threats at PJ a bum.

39. kentuck1
    6:54 pm March 24, 2018 Permalink

It could happen to anyone. It just happened to be P.J.’s turn.

Maybe practice should require 9 out of 10 or 16 out of 20 as part of the training? That would help to build confidence at the line.

Just my opinion.

40. Racerr11
    9:41 pm March 24, 2018 Permalink

Great job PJ work on those free throws don’t let it become mental and u will be super next year. Free throws very important in a game early or late must Always take them as life is death.

41. chris43
    11:31 pm March 24, 2018 Permalink

Hell of a game PJ! It happens bro…I couldn’t even imagine the pressure of those free throws especially as a freshman. Here’s to hoping our guys hit the gym hard and come back with a vengeance next year! GO BIG BLUE!

42. joseph_daniel
    11:39 pm March 24, 2018 Permalink

Missing the FTs definitely frustrating, but PJ was a beast down low. They had nothing for him. He wanted the FTs, it Just became a head game played out in front of millions. Totally understandable and I’m glad he scrapped and clawed for the 8 he made.

My major issue was with Knox not even trying to stop that last drive by Brown and the ball that bounced off 3 knees before that in which KState dude was diving left and right for. All we needed was a rebound or tie up and we were playing for game winner. I don’t get why some guys won’t lay out for the W! PJ was only one who had a caring effort for the team on that last bucket. Sad.

43. Voice of Reason
    3:00 pm March 25, 2018 Permalink

Syrin23… please stfu with your Cal hating. If you understood the game you’d know why K-State beat our freshmen and then got blown OUT by Loyola-Chicago