USA Today projects Kentucky as No. 4 seed in the West

Chet White | UK Athletics

Chet White | UK Athletics

Chet White | UK Athletics

Our friends and colleagues over at USA Today released a new bracketology today, and though it’s not as fun as the one we saw earlier in the week from Joe Lunardi, it’s definitely worth a glance.

The new bracket projects Kentucky as the No. 4 seed in the West Region, playing its first two games in Denver against Akron and then the Iowa State/Valparaiso winner. Win those and the Cats would travel to Anaheim, where Oklahoma, the region’s top seed, would likely be the first opponent.

Miami, Oregon and Purdue are possible foes for a potential Elite Eight game for a spot in the Final Four.

WEST REGION

2. Miami
15. New Mexico State

Article written by Drew Franklin

19 Comments for USA Today projects Kentucky as No. 4 seed in the West

1. wildcatmatt27
    12:07 pm February 24, 2016 Permalink

Give me that bracket right now!!!!

2. CATandMONKEY
    12:17 pm February 24, 2016 Permalink

I am ok with the opponents but loathe the idea of us going so far from ground zero.

• J-Dub421
      12:41 pm February 24, 2016 Permalink

The BBN travels no matter where they put us.

3. agundy0386
    12:30 pm February 24, 2016 Permalink

So a #4 seed is based on what?…..Potential? UK’s team will “POTENTIALLY” lose to more (plural) unranked teams before ever having the “POTENTIAL” to win a National Championship. That “Potential” will never be realized this season………that’s for sure!

• memphis
      12:37 pm February 24, 2016 Permalink

I bet you’re fun at parties.

• CATandMONKEY
      12:39 pm February 24, 2016 Permalink

This may “potentially” be one of the most inane, obtuse comments ever posted on KSR…and that certainly takes some serious effort.

We may not be NC material this year but a four seed is almost a given based on the other teams this year. Kansas is probably the best team right now and it took overtime to beat us…in their house.

• J-Dub421
      12:40 pm February 24, 2016 Permalink

Agundy posted yesterday, He’s a U of L troll, just ignore him.

• CATandMONKEY
      12:48 pm February 24, 2016 Permalink

Thanks for the heads-up. I should have taken the clue from his use of ” UK’s team…”
      I fortunately missed the drivel yesterday. Even if UofL swept the ACC, they still lost to the Cats. Delusion remains one of the most common and persistent maladies among the Louisville faithful.

• UK Big Board Update
      6:16 pm February 24, 2016 Permalink

IP General Information
      IP Address:74.128.137.172
      Hostname:74.128.137.172
      ISP:Time Warner Cable
      Geolocation Information
      Continent:North America (NA)
      Country:United States (US) US
      City:Louisville
      Latitude:38.13 (38°7’48” N)Longitude:-85.5794 (85°34’45.84″ S)

• UK Big Board Update
      6:17 pm February 24, 2016 Permalink

agundy0386 February 23, 2016 at 4:31 pm | Permalink | Reply
      Like It (0)
      Losing Hatcher to a State Correctional Facility won’t affect Kentucky’s win percentage at all! Why? Because Kentucky Football wasn’t going to be winning any games to begin with!……HaHa!

And don’t forget to pass the blunt!

4. JHyamo
    12:45 pm February 24, 2016 Permalink

Looking for better than 4 seed if we win out.

5. Catsby80
    12:47 pm February 24, 2016 Permalink

I would prefer to not play Iowa State, but whatever. Ain’t scared of ’em… Matchups with Niang and then Hield would be a pretty tough task in back-to-back games. Poythress would need to be a grown man against Niang and Briscoe would need to be his bulldog-self against Hield…

This is the BEST time of the year.

6. drewfranklinsbeer
    2:28 pm February 24, 2016 Permalink

Denver?! Yall thinking what I’m smoking. Wait Thinking what I’m…..nevermind

7. symphonist41169
    2:29 pm February 24, 2016 Permalink

If there’s one thing the NCAA understands is CA$H. The selection committee will do everything possible to keep us as close to home as possible, not only for traveling fans but keeping the games no more than one time zone away from EST for higher viewership.

• rosquirto
      3:02 pm February 24, 2016 Permalink

Very good point. We are good for business. I think/hope we move up to a 3 seed anyway and get closer to home

8. uktribe
    4:31 pm February 24, 2016 Permalink

I say go as long as possible w/o Willis, my point his ankle was gippy going into A&M, get him healthy 100%, then we do something special like 13-14!!!! I’ll take any bracket that gets us to the YUCK BUCKET!! Once there, it’s final four baby!!!!! Who knows, maybe Skal does something special before getting pushed out for Bolden next year?

• Catsby80
      4:45 pm February 24, 2016 Permalink

haha bruh… skal do something special? I was one of his biggest defenders on this website, but I’ve lost faith. I mean the dude doesn’t even get enough clock to do something special. if he gives us 6 points and 3 rebounds, it’s a good night for him.

9. WildcatSteeler
    6:00 pm February 24, 2016 Permalink

There’s one thing the NCAA desires more than anything. And that’s money. I don’t see them sending a UK team out west.

10. BigBlueBackpacker
    6:11 pm February 24, 2016 Permalink

As a resident of Boulder, I’d love the chance to represent BBN in Denver.