Urkel rubs in UCLA’s win, says the Bruins “kicked dat ass”

Jaleel White, aka Steve Urkel, was one of many celebrities in Pauley Pavilion last night for UK/UCLA, and afterwards, chatted about the game with TMZ Sports.

“We kicked dat ass,” Urkel said. “That’s what we did. We kicked dat ass.”

Urkel then pointed out that he was outside one of the “best restaurants in town” because, you know, he’s Urkel and how often do the paparazzi talk to him? According to Urkel, UK’s problem last night was they got starstruck.

“You know what, Kentucky just looked like a deer in highlights tonight. I think they saw too many celebrities,” Urkel said. “I could just tell they weren’t fluid. They were a little starstruck. And we just came out, we had to finish it with that dunk too, I think that was the punctuation.”

I think he meant exclamation mark, but whatever. I don’t think the reason UK fell on its face last night was because Jessica Alba, Shaq, and the one and only Urkel were in the stands, but they did look like a deer in headlights. And it really sucks to have someone like freaking Urkel rubbing that in your face.

23 Comments for Urkel rubs in UCLA’s win, says the Bruins “kicked dat ass”

1. Booby Petrino
    12:03 pm December 4, 2015 Permalink

They did spank dat ass. But I’d rather be spanked than totally destroyed like we did to them last year. I think that’s why they played w so much attitude last night, while our boys just strolled in thinking they could win with minimal effort.

2. Mikey Likes It
    12:07 pm December 4, 2015 Permalink

Well at least he didn’t say “DID I DO THAAAAAT?”

3. RealCatsFan
    12:08 pm December 4, 2015 Permalink

At least you can count on UK fans to refrain from storming the court when we spank them in Rupp next year. #ActLikeYouveBeenThereBefore

4. reedwizard
    12:09 pm December 4, 2015 Permalink

What he said was fine. Talking about making something out of nothing! The officiating was way more offensive than this…

5. meeksfor3
    12:12 pm December 4, 2015 Permalink

I am embarrassed for UCLA fans. Storming the court?? Really?? How the mighty have fallen.

• Catsby80
      1:32 pm December 4, 2015 Permalink

i know they have the most championships of all time, but their last title was in ’95, which means that nearly 50% of their students weren’t even alive when that happened. That is kinda pathetic.

6. secrick
    12:19 pm December 4, 2015 Permalink

Stop driving to the basket and throwing up those stupid shots in traffic, kick out to the open man. I know nothing about coaching but just wanted to say that.

7. Suffering Fools
    12:23 pm December 4, 2015 Permalink

Young Urkel looks like Old Urkel’s ventriloquist dummy.

8. thabeast
    12:28 pm December 4, 2015 Permalink

I’m going to go out on a limb here but I would have to say that Josh Hutcherson is a much bigger celebrity that Jaleel White…

9. DT in DC
    12:29 pm December 4, 2015 Permalink

I’m assuming Stevie probably doesn’t attend many UCLA games and only went to see the UK game because he, himself, was a little star struck.

10. Long Dong Silver
    12:50 pm December 4, 2015 Permalink

Congrats to UCLA. They came to play. Most of our team did not. But it was a 10 point win. With a LOT of home cooking calls. Reminded me of the time we played them in the Wooden Classic, back in the 90s. They won last night. But spanked? No. Being up 41-7 at half is spanking. Just saying.

• RealCatsFan
      12:57 pm December 4, 2015 Permalink

Hell, what we did to them last year was taking a 2×4 to dat ass, not spanking it.

• Long Dong Silver
      1:00 pm December 4, 2015 Permalink

Lol true. Brass knuckles and a blackjack.

11. Dusten
    12:50 pm December 4, 2015 Permalink

You beat us. Sure. We were overrated and you guys played out of your minds. Good job. Just don’t forget who ANNIHILATED dat ass last year.

12. jonthes
    12:57 pm December 4, 2015 Permalink

Urksome.

13. Catsby80
    1:35 pm December 4, 2015 Permalink

has this dude even been in another show or movie since Family Matters? If so, it couldn’t have been much of a hit.

14. meeksfor3
    2:21 pm December 4, 2015 Permalink

Urkel and Stephon was like Garth Brooks and Chris Gaines….it was just a tad bit creepy.

15. runningunnin.454
    2:37 pm December 4, 2015 Permalink

Twitter @jaleel white
    10 pts is not an ass-kicking. That’s home court advantage. 41-7 @ half & 40 pt margin IS.
    See the difference? Kentucky Blue

• Mikey Likes It
      2:38 pm December 4, 2015 Permalink

I doubt he cares. Like the rest of LA this is the only UCLA game he’ll likely attend.

16. ukjaybrat
    5:19 pm December 4, 2015 Permalink

i just like how when last year was referenced, he said ucla fans don’t worry about the past, just the present and the future. but i’ve never met a ucla fan that doesn’t bring up their 11 championships mostly from the dark ages… if it weren’t for wooden, ucla would be just as irrelevant as any other team that got hot and won a single championship some time in the last 30 years… other than 95, they have been garbage ever since

• ukjaybrat
      5:20 pm December 4, 2015 Permalink

forgot about the trips to the final fours in 06-08… but still. 40 years is a long time to be irrelevant to college basketball