UK wins, Montgomery sets new career high

EJ Montgomery was the star of the show in Kentucky’s 83-52 win over Fairleigh Dickinson on Saturday. The sophomore forward set a new career high in scoring for a second straight game, this time by scoring 25 points against the Knights. Freshman Keion Brooks also set a new career high with 15 points, while Nick Richards recorded his fourth double-double of the year with 12 points and 10 rebounds.

Article written by Drew Franklin

10 Comments for UK wins, Montgomery sets new career high

1. nocode96
    6:41 pm December 7, 2019 Permalink

Great win. Montgomery looked great. Defense getting better. Nick looked a little out of sorts and still messed around and got a double-double!

Side note: anyone else unable to comment from the app since they upgraded the site design? I’m on iOS and I’ve seen several others complain about this. Have to log on on a computer just to comment now, which kinda takes the fun out of the site if you can’t interact. I’ve noticed tons less comments too. Even on interesting articles now there are zero comments.

Drew, you know anything about this?

• Corder
      6:50 pm December 7, 2019 Permalink

Yes. It’s all messed up. You’re exactly right about using the app now. If I have to go back and forth might as well just get rid of the comment section then.

• BLUE WHITE
      6:56 pm December 7, 2019 Permalink

Yeah I can’t comment on the app either I have to go to my browser and go to the site then I can comment, it’s very annoying so most of the time I just don’t comment anymore. I’m also on iOS

• sprtphan
      8:11 pm December 7, 2019 Permalink

Log out then log back in. Worked for me.

• catdaddyd
      3:23 pm December 8, 2019 Permalink

I couldn’t comment for several weeks on the app using my android tablet, thought I was blocked or something. Was about to delete the app, then was able to comment a few days ago.

2. bigblue2284
    7:14 pm December 7, 2019 Permalink

I mean good game against Dickenson, I’m just not buying the bigs against quality opponents. Also they played pretty good today but my goodness this team is boring in general. I barley pay attention anymore, I remember when every UK basketball game was must see tv. This team lacks explosivness and often plays below the rim.

• VirginiaCat
      7:50 pm December 7, 2019 Permalink

I am a lifelong, bleed-blue fan, but like you, I have lost a bit of interest in recent years. It seems that Kentucky has become an NBA farm club with little focus on the university or its fans. Losing to inferior teams in the tournament has taken its toll, not to mention some humiliating losses in recent years.

• A_Blue_Wildcat
      7:52 pm December 7, 2019 Permalink

UK had 3 or 4 put back dunks this game…how is that below the rim?

3. CrystalBall
    10:24 pm December 7, 2019 Permalink

Who was that guy who impersonated EJ tonight? Hope he comes back.

4. bigblue2284
    9:34 am December 8, 2019 Permalink

Below the rim meaning, even our bigs lay the ball in rather than dunk. Can any of our three guards dunk? None of them can catch a lob, remember how effortlessly past team used to throw lobs? The last three years the team has struggled with throwing lobs. Is there any question why UK is boring to watch? We lack elite athleticism and cannot shoot, we simply drive to the basket for a layup or foul. Its become borderline unwatchable.