UK Pros beat UNC Pros, 122-115

The former Tar Heels tried to hang around with the former Wildcats in today’s alumni game but the home team was just too loaded with talent to go down.

DeMarcus Cousins led the way for UK with 33 points, 18 rebounds, six assists and three blocks, all team-highs. He hit several three-pointers in the game, leading Calipari to say afterward, “He tried to show me I should have let him go.”

Harrison Barnes was the game’s leading scorer with 39 for the visitors. His night ended with a missed windmill attempt that he pinned against the rim before falling to the floor.

All in all, it was a fun-filled evening in Rupp Arena to cap off an exciting weekend and it was all for good cause. Here is a list of beneficiaries from the event:

Screen Shot 2015-09-13 at 7.47.18 PM

We’ll have some highlights from the game on the site here in a second.

Article written by Drew Franklin

23 Comments for UK Pros beat UNC Pros, 122-115

1. Did Rasheed Wallace elbow anyone in the head?

2. Guest
    8:09 pm September 13, 2015 Permalink

Who is the little kid in the picture?

• kyhall
      8:32 pm September 13, 2015 Permalink

DeMarcus son

• Cuba
      9:30 am September 14, 2015 Permalink

No, it’s his God Son

3. bgblue
    8:31 pm September 13, 2015 Permalink

Is that DeMarcus’ son?

• Cuba
      9:27 am September 14, 2015 Permalink

That is my son. DeMarcus is his god father.

4. Molly
    8:45 pm September 13, 2015 Permalink

It was so much fun to watch DeMarcus’s son at halftime.

• post
      8:17 am September 14, 2015 Permalink

Absolutely agree. Watching him hit a couple shots and hear him get the biggest cheers of halftime was special

• Cuba
      9:28 am September 14, 2015 Permalink

Im his father, DeMarcus is his God Father.

5. Erica Bond
    9:18 pm September 13, 2015 Permalink

The kid is mine and Cuba’s son, it is Demarcus’ God son

• Molly
      9:56 pm September 13, 2015 Permalink

He’s got the moves and kept us all entertained during the half. He’s adorable.

6. Matt Wells
    10:13 pm September 13, 2015 Permalink

Thank you Coach Cal for the donation to 4-Paws. My 6-yr old autistic son has a dog from 4-Paws and the dog has changed our son’s (& our’s) life. Unbelievable how wonderful these dogs are! Great organization that is helping all kinds of people with disabilities.

7. Darryl 007
    10:16 pm September 13, 2015 Permalink

That little boy can play some ball. I’ve seen him play several time. I’m sure he will be back in 14 years.

8. bigcatstanding
    11:12 pm September 13, 2015 Permalink

Anyone else sick and tired of ESPN and their Homerism directed at Duke / the ACC.
    I mean get real did you hear them defending themselves still having Duke As the #1 class.
    Get real it’s been Weeks since Jamal Murray made his decision / and still yet doesn’t have a ranking or aka # beside his name. I mean get real he’s projected as a lottery pick next year, yet ESPN not acknowledging it.

it definitely was a blast watching UK toy with UNC =letting them hang around. seemingly anytime they wanted to= they busted it out to a 20 point lead. Go Cats

9. Bunchadummies
    12:59 am September 14, 2015 Permalink

From the beginning, it seemed predestined that Kentucky would win the ersatz game. UK had more players (10-8) and more NBA Draft picks (9-3). The North Carolina Pros had two 40-year-olds: Jerry Stackhouse and Shammond Williams.

Should have won by 50………..can’t believe your bragging

• Brian
      2:46 am September 14, 2015 Permalink

If this comment is real, and this ass-hat is being serious, then this is the most hilarious thing I’ve ever read.’

What a butthurt child! LMAO

10. CardFan502
    2:55 am September 14, 2015 Permalink

Cal too scared too play the UofL pros …

• Catgrad7072
      7:25 am September 14, 2015 Permalink

1. I think there ore only two or three Cards in the NBA.

2. Those playing in Europe / Asia can’t afford the airfare.

11. Ken Grizzle
    8:24 am September 14, 2015 Permalink

In my opinion, the game was meant to be a fund raising, fun filled gesture of sportsmanship with intent to please the crowd but not embarrass our powder blue arch enemies from Chapel Hill. My hat’s off to the Tarheels who came to play our beloved Wildcats and make this the fan special that it was. I watched the game and really enjoyed seeing these wonderful men in UK blue back home. Thank You to all those who made this special treat possible.

12. Megan
    8:40 am September 14, 2015 Permalink

Thanks to Drew for posting the beneficiaries. It was a event intended to draw attention to certain charities, but the announcers didn’t mention why it was being held. When both teams gathered at half court with the oversized check, the announcers talked about the rosters. And during the entire broadcast, I believe Cal was the only one to mention that many of the donations were being made in Dean Smith’s name. So thanks again, Drew. This was something the broadcast should have done.

13. CurlyCat
    6:46 pm September 14, 2015 Permalink

Highlights? I want to see the whole game! But I love that they all got together and held this game. So proud of the fellas who made time for this and happy for the organizations that will benefit.