UK holding a “Paint Rupp Blue & White” promo Saturday

cyhcjyawgaacsit

John Calipari likes to joke that Kentucky is everyone’s Super Bowl/T-Shirt Night/Cup Night, etc., but the Cats are holding their own promotion for Saturday’s game vs. UCLA. UK is splitting Rupp down the middle and encouraging fans on one side of the arena to wear blue and the other side to wear white. If you’re going to the game, check the map above to see what color your section is supposed to wear and plan accordingly.

Don’t worry, we’ll remind you a lot between now and Saturday.

10 Comments for UK holding a “Paint Rupp Blue & White” promo Saturday

1. fatbrat
    11:26 am November 30, 2016 Permalink

Since we are so proud of those checkerboards why not dot that I?

2. rickshelton
    11:30 am November 30, 2016 Permalink

This is what everyone else does to Kentucky. This is not what Kentucky does to others. Shows too much respect. Am I wrong?

• Tipa
      11:53 am November 30, 2016 Permalink

I think its a disservice to the fans to not have promotions or events like this. Just because we don’t need gimmicks or sideshows to fill our seats, doesn’t mean the fan experience couldn’t be better. I think this will make for a crazier game, and I’m all for that consider tickets are $130 face value.

3. jaws2
    11:40 am November 30, 2016 Permalink

UK does NOT need this crap! Leave this to the want to be’s!! Rupp is Unique, leave it that way.

• ukbradstith
      11:55 am November 30, 2016 Permalink

If by unique you mean boring, then I agree. Move along grandpa.

• a21CATSfan
      12:09 pm November 30, 2016 Permalink

This is part of improving the game day experience that Rupp desperately needs! Sorry.

4. RealCatsFan
    12:20 pm November 30, 2016 Permalink

I will be there in my BLUE in section 23, and I think this is a great idea. Can’t wait to see what Rupp looks like half blue and half white. I can see a lot of BLUE-WHITE cheers raining down. To say that we are “above” doing “gimmicks” like this just makes us sound snobbish and arrogant. Rush the court after a win? Hell to the no, but fun things like this are OK in my book.

5. Booby Petrino
    12:20 pm November 30, 2016 Permalink

People need to lighten up. It’s not like they’re making special shirts to pump up the crowd, they’re just asking people to wear certain colors in order to do something different. Good grief.

• UK Big Board Update
      12:22 pm November 30, 2016 Permalink

jaws2 wants to go back to nut-hugger shorts and high socks, just like it was “back in the good ol’ days”.

Time passes some folks by.

6. UK Big Board Update
    12:20 pm November 30, 2016 Permalink

I’d be happy if they kept people from wearing non-UK colors behind our bench……