UK Federal Credit Union Fans of the Day want a Bracketology update

Following Friday’s busy conference tournament slate, bracketologists are hard at work trying to get a few final predictions in before Selection Sunday starts tomorrow evening.

With a quarterfinal victory over Alabama last night, ESPN’s Joe Lunardi kept Kentucky as a No. 1 seed, but instead of getting the Louisville regional, he moved the Cats to Kansas City with North Carolina as or No. 2.

In yesterday’s update, Lunardi had Kentucky as the No. 1 in Louisville and North Carolina as the No. 1 in Kansas City. Following UNC’s loss in the ACC Tournament to Duke last night, however, he dropped the Tar Heels and it shifted the entire board.

Jerry Palm of CBS Sports had something pretty similar, with the Cats owning the No. 1 seed in the Midwest with North Carolina as our No. 2.

USA Today does, in fact, have Kentucky in Louisville for the regional, but has them listed as the No. 2 seed with Virginia as the No. 1.

What do you guys think? No. 1 seed in Kansas City or No. 2 seed in Louisville?

[mobile_ad]

Article written by Jack Pilgrim

Follow me on Twitter: @JackPilgrimKSR

29 Comments for UK Federal Credit Union Fans of the Day want a Bracketology update

1. Commissionersteele
    11:15 am March 16, 2019 Permalink

A win over Tennessee today can change all that again

2. ukcamel
    11:15 am March 16, 2019 Permalink

If we win today we should get the South #1 seed. The NCAA does love finding ways to screw us over.

3. terwilliger
    11:17 am March 16, 2019 Permalink

If Kentucky wins today we should be rewarded with the #1 in the south. SHOULD be. But I have a feeling they will keep us the #1 in the Midwest. It’s a travesty. If a loss today would give us the #2 in the south versus the #1 in the Midwest, then I’d rather lose today. I want DOOK again. I don’t want UNC. But they seem bound and determined to pair us with them.

4. runningunnin.454
    11:19 am March 16, 2019 Permalink

Michigan State with a 2 seed. Not if you lose to Indiana twice, baby.

5. friendsofcoal
    11:20 am March 16, 2019 Permalink

I don’t care how we do it but we NEED to be in Louisville! I don’t care who we have to play as long as it’s in the Yum!

• mashburnfan1
      2:37 pm March 16, 2019 Permalink

Better hope for that USA bracket as a 2 seed, weak teams in there. No way we have a shot with the Midwest brackets.

6. DelrayCat
    11:24 am March 16, 2019 Permalink

Bring on those chickens (or turkeys or whatever a hokie is)!

• Ez21
      12:51 pm March 16, 2019 Permalink

If you mean Va they’re the Cavaliers. Tech is the Hokies.

7. VirginiaCat
    11:26 am March 16, 2019 Permalink

I agree that we should be a #1 seed if we win today. If we lose and get a #2 seed in the south, that suits me fine. Where I differ is the desire to play Duke. Lets put the bravado aside; they have the best talent and the coaching to go with it. Lets hope they get knocked off along the way.

• 4everUKblue
      12:57 pm March 16, 2019 Permalink

LOL, dUKe lover.

• henderblue
      1:01 pm March 16, 2019 Permalink

Good call 4ever..Go Cats!!!

• 4everUKblue
      1:02 pm March 16, 2019 Permalink

Where was all that best coaching last three seasons while they had all the best talent all three past years? Need help remembering how that turned out?

8. mrpokerchips
    11:30 am March 16, 2019 Permalink

Does anyone really WANT to play Duke in a tournament setting? Win and advance. Lose and your season is over. Don’t be a doofus.

• banderson_louky
      11:49 am March 16, 2019 Permalink

You sir are correct, or North Carolina! Why play them if you don’t have to!

• bigbluebanana
      11:52 am March 16, 2019 Permalink

Yes, a thousand times yes. To be the best, you beat the best. Honestly, UNC scares me far more than dook and it’s not even close. dook wouldn’t get past k-state in that second bracket if Wade is playing. Kentucky is good folks, why on earth should we be scared? That’s just silly. Us with Reid Travis is as good a team there is this year. I do t care who we play, but I don’t care about a title where the best team we play is Iowa state or some shlt. If you don’t want the best, then you don’t believe in your team. And if you don’t believe in your team, what the hell is the point????

• BluejayK
      2:50 pm March 16, 2019 Permalink

UNC has no doubt improved but there is zero percent that they scare me more than Duke. Why should we be scared of Duke? Because they damn near beat us by 40 points this year. They also have the best player in college, and the second best player in college isn’t even close(which they also have in Barret)… I do think we can beat them, but we would have to play an almost perfect game… which is possible, but we gotta be honest. Duke is another level of good with Zion

• ClutchCargo
      1:11 pm March 16, 2019 Permalink

I want to play whatever team is next in the bracket. The best teams tend to advance. So yes, bring them on. If you’re afraid of competition, watch something on HGTV while the basketball game is on.

• mashburnfan1
      2:45 pm March 16, 2019 Permalink

If UK is so good, 34 points pal. You base this on a ok win vs a bubble team….ol…Did not improve that much PLUS if you have learned nothing {and you seem to prove that you have not} you should know a team that depends on FR struggle with consistency, have you watched us in the tourney since Cal has been here. We have lost to lower seeds almost every year, including Bobby Morris in NIT. I know we won 1 but with that great FR and 2 great Soph and a great leading SR in Miller. If Cal could not win it with the 38-1 team he is unlikely to ever win another. Now maybe when the one and done rule changes it could help us/him. Is why I would not bet on dUKe as Reddish is way overrated and very inconsistent. ONLY reason I give them a chance is they have the best 2 FR since AD and they are on the same team.

9. banderson_louky
    11:48 am March 16, 2019 Permalink

I’ll take the two seed and an easy road to the final four.

10. Big Sexy
    11:52 am March 16, 2019 Permalink

Unless Duke loses today we are going to end up behind both Virginia and Duke. Winning the SEC tournament is not going to make a difference IMO. I think I’d rather be #2 in the South with Virginia than #1 in the Midwest with UNC. I think Duke, obviously, and UNC are both better than Virginia at this point.

• 1IH
      12:11 pm March 16, 2019 Permalink

This above is truth.

• mashburnfan1
      2:46 pm March 16, 2019 Permalink

yes it is, we would have no chance if we are in the CBS or Palm bracket. We need a bracket like the USA today bracket no matter where it is played.

11. runningunnin.454
    11:58 am March 16, 2019 Permalink

Three Atlantic Corrupt Conference No. 1 seeds? Ki$$ my A$$.

• Blue Mass
      12:42 pm March 16, 2019 Permalink

Well if Duke wins today he is probably right. And in all reality with Zion it is hard to deny.

• Blue Mass
      12:42 pm March 16, 2019 Permalink

That was in reference to Bilas below.

12. bluecat15
    12:20 pm March 16, 2019 Permalink

Jay Bilas says Cats and Vols game will only effect their locations because both will be #2 seeds.

13. BigolBlue
    12:27 pm March 16, 2019 Permalink

Duke bracket= cakewalk

14. BluejayK
    2:56 pm March 16, 2019 Permalink

Why is Virginia a lock as a number one seed after losing to FSU in the Acc tourney???