UK Fans of the Day Want The Week’s Best Posts

rainfans

First of all, shoutout to the brave and loyal KSR fans who stuck around for this morning’s show despite the pouring rain. You the real MVPs.

It’s been quite a week, hasn’t it? Despite there being no football game on Saturday, there’s been plenty of news courtesy of the school down the road. In case you missed it, here’s a roundup of the best posts of the week:

How Pitino Can Survive, Jonathan Miller

While I find myself, like much of KSR Nation, instinctively rooting against the Cards at every opportunity, I’ve moved past my hard feelings toward Rick personally, choosing instead to remember his role in restoring our Cats to greatness.  In that spirit, I’ve gathered my team of recovering politicians: With crisis management skills forged as former targets of the piercing glare of the national media spotlight, we advise clients on managing and surviving public crises like this.  Below, my colleagues share guidance from their own painful experiences, as well as a few of our  twelve step mantras to counsel Coach Pitino…

Listen to Bomani Jones talk about the Louisville scandal on KSR

“No, no, no. This does not happen everywhere,” Bomani said. “I assure you because if it happened everywhere, we would know that. This does not happen everywhere if for no other reason than I don’t think there are that many college coaches who are either going to spend their own money or get the money from somebody else for this. Where does the money come from? That’s what I want to know. Is this coming on Andre McGee’s debit card, is this coming from straight from the pocket of a booster? How is this getting paid for because the services being rendered don’t sound like they’re cheap.”

Matt on “Outside the Lines”

Matt went on ESPN to discuss the Louisville scandal, which, as you might imagine, thrilled Cardinal fans.

So Many Questions About This Louisville Scandal, Drew Franklin

So let’s say nightwalkers are your thing. Maybe you prefer a seasoned vet in the sack and the way she smells like USA Gold menthols, knockoff Dolce & Gabbana perfume, and week-old Long John Silver’s. It’s not my style, but who am I to judge someone else’s tastes in women? The heart wants what it wants. I get it. No judgment here. Do you.

But why take them to the dorms? Hookers, bless their hearts, traditionally perform their craft in half-star motels and dark alleys. (So I’ve heard.) You don’t take them out of their element and into a new arena. Not only are they fish out of water; in this case, they took pictures and kept a journal and now it’s all over the place.

John Calipari at the UK Basketball Tipoff Luncheon in Louisville

“This year’s team, as we speak, we stink,” he admitted. “I said to them two days ago; I said, ‘There’s one really good thing that is happening.’ And they said ‘What’s that, Coach?’ I said, ‘We’re not playing tomorrow, so we’re okay. I’m not going to panic yet.’”

I have the new Sports Illustrated cover, Drew Franklin

A dramatic reading of “Breaking Cardinal Rules”, Tyler Thompson

A Ridiculous Bye Week KSR Podcast

LISTEN to Rick Pitino’s Interview with Terry Meiners

Even though Terry and Rick are friends, it was not friendly conversation.  Terry asked tough questions, and Pitino answered (most of) them firmly.  Pitino doesn’t plan on stepping down, and he didn’t sound like he was planning on missing any games.  It was a strange interview, but a MUST LISTEN.  It’s one of those interviews that will be talked about for years to come.

Seven Things We’ll Miss Seeing On Saturday, Nick Roush

Almost Midseason Grades and Miscellaneous Rankings, Freddie Maggard

Quarterback: B

Overall, the junior has been an offensive catalyst. Kentucky has scored 16 touchdowns. Patrick Towles has directly contributed for 11 of those. For some, this grade will be too high. But his 68 percent total touchdown contribution rate is too high for a C, and his sporadic play doesn’t warrant an A. Strip the name, read above stats and assign a grade. That may help.

Enjoy your bye weekend, guys.

19 Comments for UK Fans of the Day Want The Week’s Best Posts

1. WeareBBN
    11:13 pm October 9, 2015 Permalink

Verbal RB commit Benny Snell had 16 carries for 182 yards and 3 touchdowns. Also caught a td pass of 18 yards. Really hope Stoops can keep this kid. Think Gunner Hoak had a good game although his team lost, will try to get his stats.

• WeareBBN
      11:47 pm October 9, 2015 Permalink

Don’t have all of his stats but Gunner threw three 1st half touchdowns, one from 34 yards, one from 24 yards and ones from 23 yards. His team was up 35-16 starting the 4th quarter and lost 48-42 in overtime.

• WeareBBN
      12:09 am October 10, 2015 Permalink

Gunner Hoak completed 19 of 30 passes for 302 yards and three TDs with no picks. His team was up 42-24 with 6:38 left and gave up 18 points then lost in OT. WOW. QB for other team had 5 touchdowns and completed 33 of 49 passes for 388 yards with 1 pick. Sounds like a fun High School game to watch.

2. Rnet
    11:15 pm October 9, 2015 Permalink

All this and more coming up on Louisville Sports Radio. come on enough.How many different ways or posts can be written about Louisville getting caught. Would love to hear UK news since it is supposed to be a UK fan website. I love UK I hate Loserville, but enough already. F-em they got caught their going to pay and that’s that. Can we all just move along. Wish one of Matt’s deciples would talk to him, tell him to calm down,come on back to earth.

• Ha!
      3:24 am October 10, 2015 Permalink

Stop crying, pansy.

• Harsh Reality
      4:30 am October 10, 2015 Permalink

We aren’t gonna stop making fun of your shady ass basketball program. They did this to themselves. Deal with it.

3. DesignatedDrinker
    12:01 am October 10, 2015 Permalink

Awesome story on Melvin Lewis on College football featured on ESPN.

4. troy
    12:07 am October 10, 2015 Permalink

I need to hear all the UL stuff. Women beating D ends, street walkers working Floyd. It’s like the evening news.

5. Rnet
    2:22 am October 10, 2015 Permalink

Good looking out,ty

6. Blue barber
    6:44 am October 10, 2015 Permalink

I get that folks want to watch the filthy cards squirm. But this I think is going too far….even for us. THIS IS NOT FUNNY. This isn’t impermissible contacts or academic fraud.
    1. Underage women having sex with adults (over 18 players and or recruits dads) ..last time I looked this is RAPE. I mean really….not only have minors lives been abused/ruined. ….but perpetrators lives might be ruined as well because of their choices.
    2. What is sleazier than solicitation for prostitution? Crimes have been committed. ..not innocent white lies or unfortunate looking the other way cheating.
    3. The career of a hall of fame coach…to whom we owe a lot…….could be destroyed. (And I know #3 is nothing compared to #’s 1 and 2.
    4. This is embarrassing for our state and our sport in general.

This is nothing to laugh about. We should be horrified and saddened than something like this has taken place. This is too horrible to be used as entertainment. As usual KSR is a day late and a dollar short on leadership and morality……in this case not even on the same planet.
    This is a great place to get UK info but the place in BBN Kentucky sports radio has been thrust into because of the hunger of the UK fan…or the world of college sports……even the place in our society, has not been met with the sense of responsibility it deserves.

KSR will not receive the Caywood Ledford award this year……and by the way, least we forget…….Caywood is the standard…..and everyone else in the world’s standard.

• CATandMONKEY
      8:42 am October 10, 2015 Permalink

Cawood would appreciate for you to spell his name correctly. This is a relevant story. Cawood wouldn’t stay relevant were he with us today, were he to ignore the biggest NATIONAL story in sports. I suspect he would have taken a different angle. That’s ok.

What happened at Louisville isn’t funny. The fact that Louisville let it happen, nay, made it happen, is funny. In light of the numerous issues of questionable ethics that have happened under Tom Jurich’s watch; this is funny.

This is not rape. It is terrible but it is NOT rape. See the KRS regarding age of consent. 16 is the age. Rape is a terrible, heinous crime. Please don’t conflate the occurrences at Minardi hall with the former.

7. Blue Barber
    6:52 am October 10, 2015 Permalink

And if you remove my comment I’ll put it in every post you have for the next year and every post for the last month. If you post it….its fair for me to comment on it.

8. Joe
    7:15 am October 10, 2015 Permalink

Basically the best posts of the week were attempts at humor regarding the rumors surrounding the Louisville basketball program? I understand the sunglasses now.

9. Twnky
    8:31 am October 10, 2015 Permalink

Jonathan miller…… just stop

10. tuxedo park
    9:31 am October 10, 2015 Permalink

I looked at Miller’s website. is that a joke or is it a real thing? Ex-con politicians? The public can’t even stand supposedly law-abiding ones.

11. CATandMONKEY
    9:42 am October 10, 2015 Permalink

“Law-abiding politicians ” is an oxymoron, regardless of party. You don’t get to Washington by being honest or following the rules that the rest of us have to follow.

12. Ekywildcat
    10:38 am October 10, 2015 Permalink

1. How much is Matt enjoying himself on OTL? He should refuse Christmas gifts this year.

2. BS. I can’t get enough of this scandal coverage. UL would put ads in the NYT if we done this.

3. Jonathon Miller is terrible.

4. Whores

13. JC
    10:54 am October 10, 2015 Permalink

I like this idea of giving us a wrap-up of the best stuff at the end of the week. There are a few things here that I just didn’t have time to read when they were posted and they got pushed down and I forgot. Let’s make “best of the week” a thing. Although game day would make it a little more difficult, but please give it a shot.

14. Blue barber
    1:45 pm October 10, 2015 Permalink

The woman allegedly whored out her 15 year old daughter. ……thats statutory rape…….if any of the “facts” are correct at this point.