UK announces the top play of the Calipari Era

NCAA Basketball: Final Four-Wisconsin vs Kentucky

Over the past few weeks, the Kentucky Basketball Twitter account has been counting down the best plays of the John Calipari Era, with fans voting for their favorites. This morning, they announced the winner, and, as you might expect, it was one of Aaron Harrison’s last-second threes. Which one? The one with 5.7 seconds left to push the Cats past Wisconsin to the National Championship game:

Did you know Andrew told Aaron to shoot it?

There’s a clause in my KSR contract that says anytime we mention this shot, I have to share Drew’s video of the BBN reacting to it, so here you go:

Never gets old.

10 Comments for UK announces the top play of the Calipari Era

1. mapcatfan
    12:37 pm June 13, 2016 Permalink

Cold chills. Yet again.

2. HillbillyInBC
    12:41 pm June 13, 2016 Permalink

Those kids at that church camp going bananas get me every time.

3. CatManDo
    12:48 pm June 13, 2016 Permalink

This is the definition of bittersweet.
    By the way, I didn’t realize how close we were to turning the ball over before Aaron got it.

4. Craig
    1:32 pm June 13, 2016 Permalink

I think my vote goes to Davis’ block on Henson. Announced to the nation that we were the team to beat and Davis was the best player in the country.

5. somerset bill
    2:02 pm June 13, 2016 Permalink

i hadn’t seen the closeup on andrew telling him to shoot. that was pretty great.

6. uknate
    3:48 pm June 13, 2016 Permalink

Give me the Boogie Cousins basket against Mississippi State. Best ending of a game for the best UK team in Cal’s era here.

7. me101
    6:39 pm June 13, 2016 Permalink

I was in my hospital bed at Cardinal Hill. (couldn’t we call it Wildcat hill) After the championship game loss and the Cats were coming down Versailles rd heading to Rupp Arena they stopped in front of the hospital where we sat in our wheel chairs. They all got out and shook our hands and took pictures with us. Such great kids.

8. [email protected]
    7:01 pm June 13, 2016 Permalink

I would have to say the shot that Anthony Davis blocked against North Carolina would be my favorite

9. rbert
    8:21 am June 14, 2016 Permalink

I always wanted to see a mashup of this shot and Luke draining the photon torpedoes at the end of A New Hope. And maybe voiceover “Use the Force” for the closeup of Andrew.