Following UK Athletics’ announcement for a 15% reduced-capacity, distanced seating plan for Rupp Arena for the 2020-21 men’s basketball season, the school has released its student ticket information that will include approximately 300 tickets per game. Ticket allotments may vary for games that are played during holiday or semester breaks.
According to the release, students will have access to purchase tickets on a single-game basis, for select games in a single-game lottery process. Games will be grouped into multiple lotteries throughout the season, and there will be a random draw for each game to determine the students that will receive tickets through their My UK Athletics Student Account. Students must register for the games they wish to attend and if they are selected during the random draw, they will automatically receive tickets for that particular game and payment will be processed. Student tickets will be sold in pairs to allow students to attend games with another UK student (roommate/close friend). Pairs will be required to maintain physical distancing at all times while at Rupp Arena.
All student tickets will be reserved seating for the 2020-21 season, with masks being required at all times. Students must be full time at UK to be eligible to purchase and use tickets.
Here is the rest of the release from UK Athletics with notes on how to sign up for the ticket lotteries, game day protocols, and more:
LOTTERY REGISTRATION & SIGN-UP
Student basketball tickets will be grouped into three lotteries and registration will take place for each game within that grouping. Students should register for all games in a lottery they wish to attend. More information on the lottery selection process, designed to provide opportunities for as many students as possible to attend games this season, can be found below. The first lottery registration will be available beginning Monday, November 16 and will close on Thursday, November 19 at 2:00 PM. Lottery registration opening, closing and selection dates are listed below. A full view of the lottery registration process is available through the step-by-step lottery registration guide.
Students must register for lotteries through their My UK Athletics Student Account, which is different from the registration for football. They must sign into their My UK Athletics Student Account with the email address associated with their UK Athletics student ticket account. If this is the first time you are logging into this account or you have forgotten your password, select the “Forgot Password?” option and you will be sent a link to reset your password. If a student logs into the My UK Athletics Student Account and does not see the option to register for lotteries, they may not be logged in with the correct email. Please contact us at [email protected] or (800) 928-2287 (Option 2) with your name and student ID number for questions regarding your account. Note: Your log-in information is not the same as your University of Kentucky myUK username or password.
Upon sign-in to their My UK Athletics Student Account, students will click the “Lottery Registration” option at the top of the screen, and all games for that lottery grouping will appear. Students should register for all games they wish to attend. Since student tickets are sold in pairs, students are required to register for 2 tickets for any games they’re interested in when selecting a game. Students should select the “Add to Cart” button once all games have been selected and they are ready to complete the lottery registration checkout process. A full view of the lottery registration process is available through the step-by-step lottery registration guide.
A credit card is required for lottery registration, but will only be charged if a student is selected as a winning student for a particular game(s). If you are selected to receive tickets, your credit card will automatically be charged at the time of selection. Thus, students should not register for any games they are unable to attend.
LOTTERY SELECTION & TICKET BARCODES
Lottery registration does not guarantee tickets to a game. Once a lottery registration window closes, a random draw will be conducted by the UK Ticket Office and winning students will be selected to receive tickets. A separate draw will be conducted for each game within the lottery grouping, with the goal of selecting different winning students for each game. Winning students will automatically have their credit card charged $22 ($11/ticket) for a pair of student tickets. In order to maximize student opportunities to attend games, students who are selected to receive and are charged for tickets to one game in a lottery group will not be selected as winners for another game in that same lottery, unless supply exceeds demand. In that case, students may receive tickets for multiple games within a lottery group. Students may still attend other games by registering for future lotteries or as the second ticket of another UK student (roommate/quaranteammate/close friend) who received tickets. Following each lottery selection, emails will be sent to all selected students that will receive tickets. Ticket barcodes will be available approximately 24 hours prior to each event. At that time, students should save their tickets to their Apple Wallet or Google Pay account for easier entry at Rupp Arena.
ENTRY AND SEATING
- Doors at Rupp Arena will open 90 minutes prior to tip-off each game day. Due to construction this season, all student tickets must enter through the main High Street entrance. Please note this is a different location than last season.
- Access your student tickets prior to arriving at Rupp Arena and save them to your Apple Wallet or Google Pay account for easier entry.
- Since student tickets are sold in pairs this season, students that purchase tickets will need to arrive at the game with the student using their second ticket.
- Students should be sure to have a fully charged phone with their tickets saved, student ID and be wearing their mask upon entry.
- All student tickets will be reserved seating for the 2020-21 season. Students must sit in their specific assigned seats in order to ensure physical distancing between pairs. For this season, student seating will be located in the upper level sideline chairback seats between sections 228-234, on the side of Rupp Arena behind the team benches. With additional physical distance requirements in place to create clear separation between the court/floor area and spectator seating, the eRupption Zone risers will not be available this year. Pairs of tickets will be randomly assigned into the best available student seats.
- Students will be asked to move if physical distancing guidelines are not being followed.
- Masks are required at all times at Rupp Arena, except when sitting down and actively eating or drinking.
- Are you trying to log-in on the My UK Athletics Student Account site? The background should be blue and have “MY UK STUDENT ACCOUNT” listed under the UK logo.
- If you have forgotten your password or this is your first time logging into your account, select the “Forgot Password?” option and you will be sent a link to reset your password.
- This login is unique to your UK Athletics account and is not the same as your login for the UK Athletics App or your University of Kentucky campus myUK username and password.
- Still having trouble? Please reach out to the UK Ticket Office at (800) 928-2287 (Option 2) or [email protected] and provide your full name and student ID number.
If I am selected to receive tickets for one game, am I able to get tickets for another game too?
Students are encouraged to register for any games they wish to attend. In order to maximize opportunities for different students to attend games, students who receive tickets to one game will not be selected as winners for another game during the same lottery sign-up period (same group of games), unless supply exceeds demand. If supply of tickets exceeds demand, students may receive tickets for multiple games within a lottery group. Students may still attend future games by registering during future sign-up periods or as the second ticket of another UK student (roommate/quaranteammate/close friend) who received tickets.
Who can use my second basketball ticket?
Student tickets will be sold in pairs to allow for the student who purchased the tickets to bring another UK student (roommate/quaranteammate/close friend) with them to attend the game. Students should arrive at Rupp Arena together and enter at the same time. Students should have their valid UK Student ID’s when arriving at the main High Street entrance for the game.
Where is student seating at Rupp Arena for men’s basketball?
All student tickets will be reserved seating for the 2020-21 season. Students must sit in their specific assigned seats in order to ensure physical distancing between pairs. For this season, student seating will be located in the upper level sideline chairback seats between sections 228-234, on the side of Rupp Arena behind the team benches. With additional physical distance requirements in place to create clear separation between the court/floor area and spectator seating, the eRupption Zone risers will not be available this year. Pairs of tickets will be randomly assigned into the best available student seats. Signage and event staff will be present to ensure proper physical distancing.
What if I am selected in the lottery and can’t attend?
Should you be unable to attend a game, you may transfer your tickets to another UK student once you have received the barcodes. In order to protect the integrity of seating and maintain physical distance, you must transfer both tickets so that another UK student may attend with their roommate/quaranteammate/close friend.
What other game day safety measures will be in place this season?
Along with promoting physical distancing in the seating bowl and on the concourse, masks are required at all times. Hand sanitizer stations will be available throughout the concourse and fans are encouraged to wash hands frequently. The clear bag policy will also be in place this season. To view additional game day safety measures, visit the UKathletics.com/gameday site for more information.