UK also #9 in the Coaches Poll

UF-9027

Looks like Kentucky is the consensus number nine team in the country this week, according to the AP and Coaches Polls. Both polls agree that Kansas is the new number one team in the country:

Screen Shot 2017-02-27 at 12.42.11 PM

After losing twice last week, Duke is still #14 in the Coaches Poll? Of course.

8 Comments for UK also #9 in the Coaches Poll

1. FlySoup
    2:26 pm February 27, 2017 Permalink

UK lost twice in one week and was still ranked #8

• secrick
      2:56 pm February 27, 2017 Permalink

When?

• Alamo_Cats
      3:00 pm February 27, 2017 Permalink

No, this isn’t true. They were 4th (week 12 poll) when the poll came out, then lost 2 games that week and were ranked 8th when the next poll came out (week 13 poll). They lost had a bad showing against UGA and a loss to UF the next week and dropped to 15th (week 14 poll). They never lost and maintained.

• Mathlete
      3:00 pm February 27, 2017 Permalink

The week after we lost to Kansas and UT, we fell from #4 to #8

• FlySoup
      4:01 pm February 27, 2017 Permalink

Alamo_Cats – you’re right. They never lose and maintained. I was mirroring the author’s words when I typed that comment. She stated “After losing twice last week, Duke is still #14 in the Coaches Poll?” which is why I said “UK lost twice in one week and was still ranked #8” I didn’t mean that they maintained their ranking. I was just stating that they were still ranked #8, as in they were still that high. Duke didn’t “maintain” at #14 either. They dropped from #11 to #14 after losing two.

• catsarerunnin
      4:20 pm February 27, 2017 Permalink

Yes let’s concentrate and discuss only when we SLIPPED in the polls….

2. Czimm12
    5:20 pm February 27, 2017 Permalink

Kind of makes me feel a little better about their 5 losses. 4 of which are to teams in the the top 12. Plus a top 5 win. It would’ve been nice to win a few more of those games but all in all, I’ll take it

3. UKfanman01
    6:44 pm February 27, 2017 Permalink

So get this… UNC is considered a possible 1 seed with 5 losses? They’re the only team in the top 5 with 5 losses and lost to UK, who has 5 losses as well. UofLol has 6 and ranked better than UK? Sure they beat UK at home. Then there’s two loss in a row Duke who barely moved down. Of course last year they lost the last 7 of 9 was ranked around 24 and ended up like a 3 seed.