UK 74, Duke 63

564be6d7512d11447814871

24 Comments for UK 74, Duke 63

1. TDog
    9:53 pm November 17, 2015 Permalink

Lost our seven best players last year, still won by double digits against the defending national champs. Also am still waiting for Ted Cruz’s doppelganger to actually do something.

2. BMT
    9:56 pm November 17, 2015 Permalink

I admit that it could just be the Dookie in him but to me, Marshall Plumlee looks a little bit like he has Down Syndrome.

• RealCatsFan
      10:26 pm November 17, 2015 Permalink

He resembles “Bull” from Night Court.

• WillB
      11:33 pm November 17, 2015 Permalink

I hate Duke as much as the next guy but I used to live in Durham and actually had a couple of encounters with Marshall Plumlee. Unfortunately he was a noticeably very nice and decent person. I was really confused on how to feel.

3. BobKYCats
    9:59 pm November 17, 2015 Permalink

Love how we dominated in transition.

4. wyatts1
    10:00 pm November 17, 2015 Permalink

Dang, i bet those bandwagon fans who predicted duke winning earlier feel as stupid as they sounded! Lol. No true kentucky fan would ever, ever speak up and say duke will beat us!! Ever. Great job boyz go big blue😎😎

• cats paw
      11:06 pm November 17, 2015 Permalink

ACTUALLY…. there wasnt a single homer on here talking smack b4 the game because they were scared we would get beat. now that we won the homers are crowing like they knew we would kill em all along.

• J-Dub421
      12:33 am November 18, 2015 Permalink

You predicted us to lose cats paw.

• Stives
      8:50 am November 18, 2015 Permalink

I thought we would lose before the game. Doesn’t mean I’m a bandwagon fan. My opinion was wrong and our guards are better than I thought. So watch your mouth when questioning someone’s fanhood.

• UK Big Board Update
      12:12 am November 19, 2015 Permalink

Stives November 16, 2015 at 1:54 pm | Permalink | Reply
      Like It (0)
      Believe Duke wins this game. Not there yet on defense. Different result if played later in season.

54Meeks November 16, 2015 at 3:57 pm | Permalink
      Like It (0)
      You are a fool. Stives is making a prediction based on his opinion and what he’s seen from both teams. Duke was playing walk-ons/3rd stringers for over half of the 2nd half in both games.This has nothing to do with pride. If all you want is pride and no rationality go watch the football team go sub .500 season after season with the rest of the hopeless homers.

WatchinginCali November 16, 2015 at 3:19 pm | Permalink | Reply
      Like It (0)
      Duke by 9. Too much outside shooting for the (current state) perimeter defense. Skal is good, not great. Jamal is bad early, strong late. AP is a no-show and Lee in foul trouble, so we lose the rebounding battle. I think this team will take awhile to come together. Will be strong late in the year.

cats paw November 17, 2015 at 11:04 pm | Permalink
      Like It (0)
      but ill help you all out here for future knowledge. if Duke plays us again, pick Duke! they will not miss that many 3’s again. Hate all u wish but i can fill this thread full of my predictions that are generally 100% on! and thats why i get under your skin so much!!

And here is your winner for comment that couldn’t have been any more incorrect….

54Meeks November 16, 2015 at 3:33 pm | Permalink | Reply
      Like It (0)
      How the Cats win:
      Guards hit open perimeter shots/Contain Brandon Ingram. Skal stays out of foul trouble. Bench (Poythress, Willis, Matthews) plays very well.
      How the Cats lose:
      No answer on defense for Brandon Ingram. Lots of fouls are called but Duke has deeper/more talented bench. Skal/Lee get in early foul trouble which leaves no one to protect the rim and Humphries will struggle trying to guard Duke in pick and rolls.

Duke 77- Cats 68

5. Shawn Kemp
    10:01 pm November 17, 2015 Permalink

The runt of the Plumlee litter and unofficial cooked lima bean mascot was consistently annoying… @dallonadams

6. chadtrill
    10:03 pm November 17, 2015 Permalink

This is why our coach preaches drive, hustle, and fight. We are so blessed to have Cal. If you would have told me that we would play this whole game and never establish Skal down low… and that he would only play 13 minutes I would have told you that we would have lost by 20. I-Zak, my son, you showed me something today on the defensive side that I didn’t know you had. Marcus, you really made the most of your minutes and cut out mental mistakes. Isiah, I didn’t think you could put your ego aside and play defense but you have made a believer out of me. Tyler, you wake up in the morning and piss excellence. Jamal, if you ever try to pass it behind your back again I will find you and punch you in the weiner. Good game boys. Buckle up. The ride is just beginning.

7. WillB
    10:06 pm November 17, 2015 Permalink

Ulis was an absolute monster, 5’9″ be damned, who would you rather have? I dont know if UK is that good or if Duke might be slightly overrated and if the no true point guard really hurt them against a team that has three on the floor at once. But take away the first 10 minutes of the game where Marshall Plumlee looked like Shaquel O’Neil on the offensive glass and Kentucky absolutely dominated the game. Allen and Ingram were completely shutdown and Duke could not stay in front of the our guards on defesense or get past them on offense. I wasnt sure if I was going to like the three (essentially) point guards on the floor at once but it sure seemed to work well tonight. Go Big Blue.

8. BigBlueBoom
    10:07 pm November 17, 2015 Permalink

Poor cats paw will cry himself to sleep tonight.

• Katya
      10:12 pm November 17, 2015 Permalink

His Cardinals won tonight so he can’t be too unhappy.

• UK Big Board Update
      10:34 pm November 17, 2015 Permalink

Katya: Yeah, but it was just an exhibition game… 😉

• cats paw
      10:59 pm November 17, 2015 Permalink

lmao…just to know that me and Louisville live in your head rent free 24hrs/day is all the joy i need in life!! way to go Cats!! just glad this isnt football or we would be paying Cal 100 mill/yr!

• cats paw
      11:04 pm November 17, 2015 Permalink

• cats paw
      11:09 pm November 17, 2015 Permalink

i see slant eye Katnip still hasnt learned how to speak a complete sentence without mentioning Louisville! you trolls need to go to the card website and talk that stuff, this is a uk site

• Katya
      11:30 pm November 17, 2015 Permalink

Lol speak of the devil. Cardinals looked pretty good against the JV team huh?

• theWilkman
      9:24 am November 18, 2015 Permalink

The guy who spends his entire work day, and apparently his entire evening, trying with his limited intelligence to troll a rival fanbase’s website, is talking about a rival program “living rent free.” Maybe he doesn’t understand what that means? He’s a Louisville fan after all, probably uses Section 8 and doesn’t actually pay rent.

• UK Big Board Update
      10:53 am November 18, 2015 Permalink

Cats Paw is ALWAYS RIGHT. LMAO

Cats paw August 16, 2015 at 6:55 pm | Permalink
      Where do you see this improvement? I think they have had two practices thus far and played zero games! Could it just be in the homers heads? I predict SC by at least 23 points. We shall see who is right!

9. 8 god
    10:33 pm November 17, 2015 Permalink

Watched the game in my common room at Duke and I have to say, the room was dead silent for the whole second half and it was music to my ears. They (we?) know they (we?) suck.

10. Biglaw Dawgin'
    10:12 am November 18, 2015 Permalink

Marcus Lee showed me something tonight. When he first came to UK, it seemed like all he wanted to do was try and grab the rim or get a tip dunk even if it meant he was out of position and his man would have an easy board. If he keeps the discipline he had tonight with the energy he always has, he might actually make it in the league.