Tyler Ulis has a new mix tape and a nice stat line

(via @CityLeagueHoops… Tyler Ulis mix tape from Mustang Classic)

Tyler Ulis turned plenty of heads last night with his play at the Mustang Classic. Almost overwhelmingly across the board, those who were in attendance to see Ulis play had nothing but great things to say about the pint-sized point guard. The general consensus was, “He’s not a typical Calipari point guard, but fans are going to love the way this guy plays… great vision, great passer…” Ulis might not fit the mold of a big and powerful, nearly NBA-ready body Calipari point guard, but he might bring a set of skills and a more natural point guard feel to the table than some of the guys in the past.

Ulis finished with 14 points, 10 assists and 6 steals in 21 minutes of play in front of John Calipari. According to T.J. Walker of Rivals, after the game, Ulis was excited to talk about UK’s 2014 recruiting class. Ulis called it “the best class in the country.”

Article written by Ally Tucker

I once successfully requested "The Wobble" to be played 6 times at one wedding.

6 Comments for Tyler Ulis has a new mix tape and a nice stat line

1. Brian
    2:57 pm January 12, 2014 Permalink

I went only to watch this kid play. I knew he had to be good for Cal and staff to offer a 5′-9″ PG a scholarship but I was skeptical and wanted to find out for myself….unbelievable passer and ball handler!! quick as lightning

2. Clay Steres
    3:14 pm January 12, 2014 Permalink

Mini Allen Iverson

3. arlo
    4:26 pm January 12, 2014 Permalink

i think that woman just swallowed some pickle juice

4. Woods3030
    4:53 pm January 12, 2014 Permalink

I’m not the least bit concerned about this guys offensive game. However, I am a little concerned about the defensive side of the ball. I wonder if he is going to be able to guard at the level we need him to.

5. pickle juice
    4:56 pm January 12, 2014 Permalink

Reminds me a lot of Wayne Turner only with a better shot. We all know what Turner produced in his time here.

6. bigblue091812
    7:23 pm January 12, 2014 Permalink

I may be fan who thinks Russ Smith is overrated, I could average 20 a game if I were to take 20 shots a game. But, Chris Jones is a good point guard who plays pretty good defense at his height with speed not size, no reason to see why Ulis can’t do the same. Can you imagine the fight for PG next year with Hawkins as a sophmore, Ulis a freshman and I would not be shock to see Andrew and Aaron back next year. All Cal needs to concentrate on for the next 2-3 years is forwards and centers as we’re in great shape for point gurards for a good time to come. Andrew, Aaron, Hawkins, Ulis, Lee, Johnson, Alex, Willis, Townes, Booker, Lyles, Floreal and maybe WCS (he loves it at UK), I think there is a chance that Randle and Young are the only two that leaves early besides the sr’s, With the 4 (so far) coming in next year and with 7 returning players being soph or jr’s just because of experience next year may be better than the championship team of 2012. I think this years team is getting better and better each half not just games and will be a tough out come NCAA’s, I still like the chances of this team going to Dallas. #9 this year and #10 next year for 3 of 4, unless they get screwed and have to play UK in the NCAA’s both times the CATS will also be anywhere from 7-1 to 9-1 over LOSERVILLE since Cal arrived. I can see it happening, can you?