Tyler Herro didn’t expect the Bucket nickname to catch on

When you look back on the memories from the 2018-19 season, one of them is definitely going to be Tyler Herro saying he is a bucket. During the Arkansas game, Herro’s trash talk with a friend on Arkansas’ squad launched a thousand memes, t-shirts, and signs:

Today on KSR, Herro admitted he didn’t expect the bucket nickname to take off like it did.

“I didn’t expect it anything from it because I say that a lot. That wasn’t the first time I said it.”

Herro’s teammates prefer to call him “Boy Wonder,” but whatever the nickname, there’s no denying Herro gave us some great memories, especially when Kentucky was on the road. We’ve heard him say it before, but Herro emphasized that he loves playing the villain.

“Like you said, from being in high school, everybody booing me, I kind of just live for that moment. I just like being the villain on the road…I like going into other teams’ arenas and ruining their weekends.”

Here’s where you can meet Tyler on his signing tour, which will definitely make your week, not ruin it.

[mobile_ad]

6 Comments for Tyler Herro didn’t expect the Bucket nickname to catch on

1. UKfansNKY
    4:12 pm April 17, 2019 Permalink

Who? He’s GONE! Didn’t get to know him much…………………NEXT

• CatfaninCinci
      4:26 pm April 17, 2019 Permalink

What UK player DID you get to know? How often did they come hang out at your place? Face it. You don’t EVER get to know any player, most overplayed excuse out there. “But we hardly knew you!” So stupid.

• Cokely53
      4:57 pm April 17, 2019 Permalink

I’ll bet if this were Anthony Davis or John Wall you wouldn’t be saying you didn’t get to know them much. Smh

• CatfaninCinci
      5:03 pm April 17, 2019 Permalink

I bet he didn’t know Jamal Mashburn… Or Wayne Turner. Or Scott Padgett.

I bet he didn’t KNOW any of them either. That’s why this excuse is so stupid. People get to FEEL like they get to know players, but they don’t really. It’s just a sorry excuse to hate. They’re really no better than the media members who hate UK

• CatfaninCinci
      5:04 pm April 17, 2019 Permalink

He’s the type of guy, that sees Coach Cal our at a restaurant, then text everyone he knows and say he’s eating with Coach Cal.

2. Tdaddybbn
    9:15 pm April 17, 2019 Permalink

UKFans is right. This kid played 8 months for us. Did not do what he wad brought in to do, final four /Championship . And is leaving when most experts says he should stay another year. Why would anyone pay to get an autograph from a 1 and semi-done player that did not do what he was suppose to.what is this. Participation awards??