Today on KSR: The McDonald’s All-American Game is finally here

(Mandatory Credit: Brian Spurlock-USA TODAY Sports)

(Mandatory Credit: Brian Spurlock-USA TODAY Sports)

After practices and countless interviews, the McDonald’s All-American Game finally tips off tonight at 7 p.m. on ESPN. Immanuel Quickley will suit up for the East Team while Keldon Johnson will represent the West. We’ll have full coverage on KSR and you can pass the time until tip off by getting to know a little more about the two future Cats:

KSR goes One-on-One with Immanuel Quickley and Keldon Johnson

More draft decision speculation

Yesterday brought the news that Kevin Knox’s desire to return to school isn’t just a cruel joke and that PJ Washington played through a broken finger the second half of the season. Knox is already in Tampa, Florida to talk things over with his family, while Washington will go to New York City this weekend to discuss his decision with his. As always, we’ll have our ears to the ground, so stay tuned.

UK Baseball beat Miami (Ohio) 13-7

The Bat Cats got a nice midweek win over the Miami Redhawks yesterday thanks to Daniel Harper, who struck out six in six shutout innings for his second win of the season. This weekend, they’ll head to Tuscaloosa to take on Alabama.

Chris Mack will be introduced as Louisville’s new coach

And try as we might, we can’t find a reason to hate him, except for the fact that Bill Murray (whose son Luke is one of Mack’s assistants) will probably be a Louisville fan now. In the post directly below this one, Aaron Torres outlined all the reasons why Mack to Louisville will not only be good for the Cards, but for the Kentucky/Louisville rivalry, so check it out.

Stephen Johnson will receive the Tom Cannon Courage Award

Got some time on your hands this afternoon? At 4:30 p.m., Stephen Johnson will receive the inaugural Tom Cannon Courage Award from Freddie Maggard and the KSR Depth Chart Podcast Crew at the Jack Kain Ford dealership in Versailles. The award — named for Tom Cannon, a UK fan and Lexington schoolteacher who passed away from stomach cancer last year — will be presented annually to the UK student athlete who exemplifies a commitment to the principals of sportsmanship and courage in overcoming and excelling past obstacles in their way. Stephen definitely fits that description.

More details below:

Stephen Johnson to receive inaugural Tom Cannon Courage Award

The new Roseanne was funny

I learned the hard way to have very low expectations for TV sitcom reboots (cough, Arrested Development, cough), so I was pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed the new Roseanne. Not only was I amazed at how little the actors seemed to have aged (plastic surgery is a helluva drug), but the original charm was still there too, along with plenty of topical humor. In an age where people either tiptoe around or bludgeon each other over politics, it was nice to see both sides make light of it for once.

Pick the best bacon

It’s breakfast time, after all:

@HemplersFoods

3. Booby Petrino
    9:26 am March 28, 2018 Permalink

4. ukjaybrat
    9:27 am March 28, 2018 Permalink

5. david8577
    9:31 am March 28, 2018 Permalink

Is “Bill Murray’s son is one of Mack’s assistants” the new “Willie played football in high school”? I’m already tired of it. Also, 4.

6. JTHinton
    9:38 am March 28, 2018 Permalink

Regardless of how good IQ and KJ play, probably the best thing that will come out of this is Tyler Herro’s snub. He has every bit of mental preparation and drive now to prove everybody wrong for the upcoming season. Just imagine: he’s having a bad practice and Kenny Payne brings up the McDonalds All American Game…

7. UKrailbird
    9:40 am March 28, 2018 Permalink

# 4

8. ClutchCargo
    9:45 am March 28, 2018 Permalink

Something between 4 and 5. Just make sure it’s good and crispy and I’m happy.

9. CatManDo
    9:51 am March 28, 2018 Permalink

Bacon is like ranch dressing, it makes everything better.

10. BBNDan7
    10:18 am March 28, 2018 Permalink

If you prefer 1 then i know a good doctor for you

• Megan
      11:49 am March 28, 2018 Permalink

You know that the latest studies are finding no relationship between dietary fat intake and serum cholesterol. I just looked at one from 2015. “Conclusion: Dietary intake of fat has no influence on cholesterol levels. Low HDL is an important risk factor leading to acute myocardial infarction and is not influenced by fat intake in diet.”

It’s amazing what we still don’t know about diet and nutrition. But perhaps you were thinking about trichina worms.

11. GeorgiaBlue
    10:50 am March 28, 2018 Permalink

I’m good with all 6. Prefer 4 but won’t turn down 3. 5 and 6 are good for bacon bits. 1 and 2 are ready to wrap around some nasty vegetable to make it edible.

Bacon, the duct tape of the food world.

12. DH1967
    10:59 am March 28, 2018 Permalink

13. Megan
    11:35 am March 28, 2018 Permalink

#3. The best of both worlds. A little crispy, crunchy in places, and little soft, juicy in others. That wonderful state between flaccid and hard (still talking about bacon, guys). mmm.

Then again, I like fat. Fatty ribs, marbled steaks, hamburgers that aren’t lean. I don’t cut the fat off my prime rib. And if the fat is seared, with a little crunch to it, oh baby. I might steal some from another plate.

If you try to cut bacon with the side of your fork, and it crumbles into shards like a thin piece of glass, it’s too done.

#4 is on the verge. Looks good, like it could bend without breaking, but getting pretty close to shard material.

14. Joshua
    11:57 am March 28, 2018 Permalink

#4

But more importantly, I think I’m in love with Megan.

15. wildcat2012
    12:01 pm March 28, 2018 Permalink

Arrested Development is AWESOME. rewatch and pay attention and you’ll realize there is a ton of comedy gold.

• Mrs. Tyler Thompson
      12:07 pm March 28, 2018 Permalink

Oh, I know that. Love the original, which is why I was so disappointed in the reboot.

16. cav3
    3:50 pm March 28, 2018 Permalink

The article says Knox is in Tampa and PJ will go to NYC this weekend. Are any of these guys going to class?