Today in Billy Gillispie Was Insane news….

Kevin Galloway, formerly of the Billy Gillispie era of Kentucky basketball, shared an interesting story on his Instagram and Facebook accounts yesterday. Galloway posted a picture of his son for his son’s seventh birthday, with the caption:

I remember when I left Kentucky during the season to be there the day you were born coach said I would be in the dog house if I left… long story short I was there for you the day you was born and I will always be there for you!!!! Nothing and I mean nothing is more important to me than you… I love you son happy 7th birthday

So, you’re telling me Billy Gillispie wouldn’t let Galloway be there for the birth of his son?

If his son was born on November 9, 2008, Kentucky had five days before its next game. Then again, maybe Gillispie was on to something because that next game was VMI. Kentucky lost, 103-111.

Still, good for Galloway and Happy Birthday to his little man.

galloway-fb

Article written by Drew Franklin

18 Comments for Today in Billy Gillispie Was Insane news….

1. olliec7
    11:19 am November 10, 2015 Permalink

Bring back the black uni’s!

• ukjaybrat
      1:00 pm November 10, 2015 Permalink

KSR in 2012 http://kentuckysportsradio.com/1/black-jerseys-okay-for-football-bad-for-basketball/

“People outside the program may have forgotten that Kentucky basketball has worn a black jersey before; in fact, they did it before the football team did. The reasons, though, were very different. When Bill Keightley passed in 2008, the team decided to wear black jerseys in his memory, each with his name on the back. Because the affectionately named “Mr. Wildcat” was so important to so many teams, the tribute was entirely appropriate. Re-introducing the black jerseys for basketball, when the only other time they’ve appeared is for that tribute, would diminish the significance of that gesture.”

2. Twick39
    11:23 am November 10, 2015 Permalink

Looks like the real T Jones

3. nybrasky
    11:28 am November 10, 2015 Permalink

Good for you, Kevin!

4. Stives
    11:41 am November 10, 2015 Permalink

The black uniforms are the best unifroms Kentucky has ever worn. Bring them back!!!!!!!!!

5. mjblue2
    11:45 am November 10, 2015 Permalink

Clearly Kevin Galloway is 100 times the father that BCG is mentor/coach/human being. Good for him.

• catdaddyd
      9:14 pm November 11, 2015 Permalink

How could he afford to have a child while in college? My medical insurance is going up another 15% next year. What about food and diapers?

6. DT in DC
    11:56 am November 10, 2015 Permalink

I am so embarrassed about how much I liked him when we first hired him. If I could turn back time….

7. UK Big Board Update
    11:57 am November 10, 2015 Permalink

Cats paw still thinks Billie G was a good hire. Just like he thinks Petrino would have been. 😉

• ukjaybrat
      12:55 pm November 10, 2015 Permalink

cats paw was once outed as a UL troll in disguise so are a few of the other commenters that troll the show thread every day

• Leuther
      9:25 pm November 10, 2015 Permalink

I’ve seen more class in a roach than in Cats Paw…

8. kyle heavy
    1:12 pm November 10, 2015 Permalink

The BCG hire and the dumpster fire that is UK football, since Rich Brooks retired, is EXACTLY why I think Barnhardt shouldn’t still be employed at UK, today. Blue goggle-wearing delusionals can start crucifying me in 3…2…1…

• UK Big Board Update
      1:13 pm November 10, 2015 Permalink

Tell me you don’t have children…..

• ukjaybrat
      1:14 pm November 10, 2015 Permalink

nobody needs to crucify a troll… your opinion means nothing around here…

• ukjaybrat
      1:21 pm November 10, 2015 Permalink

he just won athletic director of the year…he’s had more success in the last few years than any other athletic director… but you’d rather trade him for …. who ?
      Yeah the Gillespie hire was bad. but nobody saw that coming. He’s done more with ALL of the sports and you are not giving him any credit.

9. CATandMONKEY
    1:48 pm November 10, 2015 Permalink

Everyone thought Gillespie was a great hire at the start. We were turned down by Donovan, Barnes (thank God) and a couple other guys IIRC. Gillespie was coach of the year in his conference and had beat UofL during March Madness. It is very easy to see in retrospect that he was not the guy for the job but it sure didn’t seem that way for the first few months… to pretty much everybody.

Now, reading the likes of Galloway’s post my thought is :”if BCG was a man I would punch him in the face.”

• Leuther
      9:27 pm November 10, 2015 Permalink

Check your facts. Not everyone thought BCG was a good hire. All my sources told me he would be a disaster – and he was…