Throwback Thursday: Aaron Harrison says “It’s going to be a great story”

aaron-h

Big Blue Nation could use a little boost right now as fans question whether or not this team of Wildcats is ready for a run through the NCAA tournament.

So let’s get over those worries and woes with Aaron Harrison’s famous 2014 premonition that Kentucky would go on to write a “great story” in the tourney, after dropping three out of four to close the regular season.

Happy #ThrowbackThursday, BBN.

Article written by Drew Franklin

22 Comments for Throwback Thursday: Aaron Harrison says “It’s going to be a great story”

1. WatchutalkinboutWillis
    11:22 am February 23, 2017 Permalink

When we look at the other very freshman heavy teams throughout the Calipari era…this team is acutally doing great! In Brandon Knight’s year we had lost more at this point and in the Julius Randle year we had too. I consider our three best players those years and this year to be freshmen. Every other year of the Cal era that has not been the case.

• WatchutalkinboutWillis
      11:24 am February 23, 2017 Permalink

Sorry, also the NIT year…ewww…we are definitely doing better this year than that year!

• CATandMONKEY
      11:25 am February 23, 2017 Permalink

Good analysis. Appreciate the objectivity.

• Kevin C
      1:32 pm February 23, 2017 Permalink

Dammit, did you really have to add in the NIT reminder? I’d already allowed myself to forget about that entire season.

• WatchutalkinboutWillis
      1:41 pm February 23, 2017 Permalink

Well the whole point is that for all the complainers (myself included at times) that we might need a reminder of what is really happening. This has actually been the best regular season by a team led by freshmen that we have had. and two out of those three previous years we preformed very well in the NCAA tournament. That should give us hope for this year.

2. WatchutalkinboutWillis
    11:44 am February 23, 2017 Permalink

Here is the way I see it as our best three players each year…

2009-Wall, Cousins, Patterson
    *2010-Knight, Jones, Lamb—–9 losses
    2011-Davis, MKG, Jones/Lamb
    *2012-Noel, Poythress, Goodwin—–Let’s not talk about it
    *2013-Randle, Andrew, Aaron—–11 losses
    2014-Towns, WCS, An. Harrison
    2015-Murray, Ulis, Poythress
    *2016-Fox, Monk, Bam—–5 losses so far
    *denotes all three are freshmen

3. Cousins Fake Tooth
    12:02 pm February 23, 2017 Permalink

Well Noel was injured and out for the year so yeah.

4. BUCats
    12:09 pm February 23, 2017 Permalink

What a great video; gave me goosebumps. One hell of a run.

5. jaws2
    1:30 pm February 23, 2017 Permalink

You just saw the biggest problem with the current team. There is NO ONE on this team with the will nor the balls to make this statement. Say what you will about the Harrison’s, but those kids had a will and drive to win and hated to lose. And, there were others on that team with the same intestinal fortitude. I’m not sure I’ve seen those traits from any of the kids this year. Damn shame.

• WatchutalkinboutWillis
      1:38 pm February 23, 2017 Permalink

How can you even presume to know that? We have seen Monk and Fox take the game into their hands and will a victory for us.

• jaws2
      4:31 pm February 23, 2017 Permalink

I didn’t say I ‘know that’ dips*t, I said no one has displayed that all year. I’ll stand on the rest of what I said until proven wrong.

• UK Big Board Update
      11:18 pm February 23, 2017 Permalink

“We have seen Monk and Fox take the game into their hands and will a victory for us.”

What part of that did you not comprehend, jaws2? Dipshit dumbass.

• WatchutalkinboutWillis
      8:25 am February 24, 2017 Permalink

“There is NO ONE on this team with the will nor the balls to make this statement.” That is a statement, implying knowledge…it wasn’t stated as a speculative statement. But hey, if you can’t be correct you might as well name-call…amiright?

• UK Big Board Update
      11:58 am February 24, 2017 Permalink

I was talking to jaws2 and agreeing with your statement…. Re-read my comment, but slower this time.

6. Kevin C
    1:30 pm February 23, 2017 Permalink

Unfortunately for Aaron…and UK fans…it was actually just a good story, with a very bad, disappointing ending. Then he and his twin followed that up with the epic sequel, with an even more disappointing ending.

• RealCatsFan
      2:57 pm February 23, 2017 Permalink

It was Rex’s fault…

• Leroy Byrd - 00
      2:58 pm February 23, 2017 Permalink

Dude – I don’t comment on here much, but you should have your player card revoked for that weak shizznit. You must be that guy that hits the lottery and bitches about the taxes.

• RealCatsFan
      2:59 pm February 23, 2017 Permalink

I have always said, name another college fan base that has had more heartbreak than UK. Yes, I know we have one of the best winning traditions in basketball, but even without adding football into the equation, we have had some epic moments that Lady Luck has snatched away. That bitch.

• RealCatsFan
      3:00 pm February 23, 2017 Permalink

And I actually have to agree with Leroy!

7. CatBlue in LR
    3:34 pm February 23, 2017 Permalink

That was great the way it worked out in ’14 and all, and I was there near the top of AT&T Cowboys Stadium for one of Aaron’s miracle shots against Wisconsin and a disappointing end against Connecticut. But I don’t want to have to count on three or four straight miracles like we got that year. I’m not sure this team has that kind of magic in ’em.

8. UK Big Board Update
    3:47 pm February 23, 2017 Permalink

There’s no pleasing some of you….

9. runningunnin.454
    8:23 pm February 23, 2017 Permalink

The Harrisons were here two years….two final four runs, and 3 miracle threes.
    No title, but it was a great two years.
    I’ll never forget it.