RED ALERT! THE TWEAK IS BACK!

After John Calipari’s infamous “tweak” back in 2014, the Wildcats went on one of the most historic tournament runs in NCAA history, making it all the way to the National Championship as an eight-seed.

Tonight, Coach Cal casually brought it back to life.

In tonight’s John Calipari Show, the Kentucky head coach said his team has excellent three-point shooters and scorers, and this cold slump we’ve seen of late is just temporary. To help things click again, Cal said he is “tweaking things offensively,” and shots will start falling as a result.

Coach Cal also discussed Kentucky’s recent recruiting losses, where he said he’s focused on the players that want to be here and coaching the team he has in front of him.

“It is what it is,” he said. “Not every kid comes here. This place isn’t for everybody.”

Calipari also talked about Jarred Vanderbilt’s impact on the floor, saying when the nerves cool and he settles in a little bit, we’ll all know a little bit more of what this team is capable of.

Tweak time? Tweak time.

Article written by Jack Pilgrim

Follow me on Twitter: @JackPilgrimKSR

27 Comments for THE TWEAK IS BACK! Calipari says he has “tweaked” the team’s offense to help things click again

1. davis2319
    7:27 pm January 22, 2018 Permalink

What shooters do we have? Lol

• bruce122767
      7:41 pm January 22, 2018 Permalink

They have shooters….what is lacking are makers

• Aar
      9:53 pm January 22, 2018 Permalink

I’d say that “finders” are lacking – as in passers who find open shooters. The difference between shooters and makers is frequently the time and rhythm necessary to get up an uncontested shot.

2. Billiam
    7:29 pm January 22, 2018 Permalink

I love coach cal!!!

3. KYcats11
    7:30 pm January 22, 2018 Permalink

TWEAK!!!

4. Irish son
    7:34 pm January 22, 2018 Permalink

I love when Cal runs his BS by the fans. And the best part is, most will believe him

• BigBlueNationDude
      9:41 pm January 22, 2018 Permalink

Yeah blue tinters. There is no tweaking this product.

• Han
      11:02 pm January 22, 2018 Permalink

Not promising the same results, but I seem to recall a bunch of lovely folks talking like you and bashing our players back when he did the original tweak.

Why do you people keep watching when you get so miserable?

• Rembrandt
      5:20 am January 23, 2018 Permalink

This is a team of primarily freshmen. Our spoiled fans gloat when we sign the best classes in the country, then they whine eight months later when freshmen turn out to be freshmen. We fall down in the January rankings and our fair weather fans throw our coaches and players under the bus. The same players you gloated about when they signed. Some of you sound like children. When will people learn that freshmen have a learning curve? ThIs is a solid basketball team, but injuries and inexperience have hurt them. Vanderbilt, Green, Wynyard, and Baker missed significant time. I trust our coaches, but I am not naive enough to expect Cal to put a top 5 team on the floor every year. Even Rupp didn’t do that.

• kjd
      8:05 am January 23, 2018 Permalink

Shooters are shooters whether freshman or not.

5. AFR0_SAMURAii
    7:37 pm January 22, 2018 Permalink

I just mentioned this on saturday, and sure as shit here it is lol.. probably should have waited until after the WVU game, incase we get our tails spanked then we’ll be left wondering wth the “tweak” was…

6. BallDontLie
    7:46 pm January 22, 2018 Permalink

Feeling swaggy

7. AddctdGmbler
    7:46 pm January 22, 2018 Permalink

We beat wvu by 6 so there’s no reason to wait to announce the tweak

8. AllBall
    7:48 pm January 22, 2018 Permalink

This ain’t for everybody is a statement Cal should retire. I think he’s said it so many times that recruits are actually believing it. I get the message but it could certainly be delivered/worded differently.

9. Alleykat16
    7:49 pm January 22, 2018 Permalink

I’m tweaking with you John

10. 57nukeduke
    7:50 pm January 22, 2018 Permalink

I think we will beat WVU!

• unbridled
      2:12 am January 23, 2018 Permalink

I do too. I think the season takes a turn tomorrow evening.

11. timewilltell
    7:52 pm January 22, 2018 Permalink

I want top talent. And for that top talent to play hard and play for the University of Kentucky!

12. maximumscott
    9:13 pm January 22, 2018 Permalink

Vaderbilt at thw point Quade at 2 gilgeous at 3 knox at 4 washing at 5

13. ErikDanielsCrossover
    10:44 pm January 22, 2018 Permalink

Lets goooooooooooo, we’re about to go on a run boys

14. mikeintn
    10:45 pm January 22, 2018 Permalink

I see a lot of the fair weather fans are out tonight, trying to convince each other that they know more then Cal, how cute. I believe he’s BS, why, because unlike some others he backs he’s up with a W and L record over the last 10 years, not just punching letters on a keyboard.

• mrcoconuts
      11:08 pm January 22, 2018 Permalink

Well said. Well said.

• bbnZach
      12:00 am January 23, 2018 Permalink

AMEN!!!

• Rembrandt
      5:33 am January 23, 2018 Permalink

Cal didn’t get into the Hall of Fame without a good reason. He knows what he is doing. But look at all the weakling fans throwing him under the bus. I’m not sure yet what the ceiling is for this team. Whatever it is, tbeir development has been delayed by injuries to Vanderbilt, Green, Wynyard, and Baker. That’s a lot of bad luck. My gut tells me this is a much better team than 2015-16, and could turn out to be better than 2016-17 if we get better play on the baseline from Richards and Sasha. I always believed Richards was a high-ceiling project. This team will peak late, and could be very dangerous in March. But I do not expect perfection from a team starting five freshmen.

15. chrisg18
    8:40 am January 23, 2018 Permalink

I think the “This place isn’t for everyone” statement is pretty weak considering the recent circumstances. When it comes to Duke and UK they are offering the same thing, but obviously Duke is doing it better than UK right now. It’s not that UK isn’t for everyone, it’s that they actually prefer Duke, and it doesn’t seem to be close at the moment. Not sure any of the top guys we’ve lost out on the past two years even had UK in the final 2 or 3 schools.