Thursday’s NBA Trade Deadline featured several former Kentucky players being moved, along with other deals affecting other BBNBA members and their respective teams. Jack Pilgrim was joined by KSR’s Zack Geoghegan to break down all the madness in the second Sources Say episode of the week.
Among the topics:
- Karl-Anthony Towns speaks a major trade into existence to bring his best friend to Minnesota. Can he also work his magic with Devin Booker?
- Jarred Vanderbilt was part of a 12-player, four-team trade that also sent him to Minnesota to team up with Towns. Is this a better fit than Denver? Will he finally get opportunities at the NBA level?
- Brandon Knight is traded from Cleveland to Detroit in a deal for Andre Drummond, back to where it all started for the former Wildcat
- Portland had to give extra cash away to get another team – Atlanta – to take on Skal Labissiere. Can he salvage his career?
- Looking back at the trades last month that sent Wenyen Gabriel to Portland and Willie Cauley-Stein to Dallas
- What about the rest of the moves in the NBA? How will they impact the other former Wildcats scattered throughout the league?
Missed the first episode earlier this week, which featured in-depth information on UK basketball recruiting and an exclusive interview with Lance Ware’s head coach? You can find it, along with all future episodes, by subscribing to the official Sources Say Podcast feed to get the show sent directly to your phone weekly on iTunes right here. Not on iTunes listener? You can also subscribe to the show on Spotify.