Kentucky does not have to be a one-seed to play in the South Regional.

Since before the start of the 2018-19 college basketball season, the Big Blue Nation has put the Yum! Center, the host site for the South Regional, in its crosshairs.  For a time, playing in Louisville for a spot in the Final Four looked improbable.  That’s no longer the case.

ESPN’s Joe Lunardi and CBS’ Jerry Palm currently have the Cats as the one-seed in the South Regional. If the Cats slip up down the stretch, they can still find a way to play in Louisville.

Stanford A.D. Bernard Muir, the chair of the NCAA Tournament Selection Committee, said there would be no problem placing Kentucky as a No. 2 seed in Louisville, Jerry Tipton reports.  Some believe the one-seed in the South would get a raw deal if Kentucky was the two, but according to the committee chair, that does not matter.

If UK does get the two-seed in Louisville, the one-seed could not be Tennessee.  Playing out all of the different seeding scenarios can be confusing.  The Cats can keep it simple by beating the Vols in the semifinals of the SEC Tournament.

[mobile_ad]

Article written by Nick Roush

"Look upon the doughnut, and not upon the hole." @RoushKSR

41 Comments for The Selection Committee has “No Problem” Making Kentucky the Two-Seed in Louisville

1. TomEcaster
    3:35 pm March 13, 2019 Permalink

He just didn’t mention that they would, because of special circumstances, allow The Milwaukee Bucks to be the one seed in Louisville.

2. KYjellyRoll
    3:38 pm March 13, 2019 Permalink

Who says we’re playing Tennessee in the sec tourney? Tenn has to win a game first!

• KayutsBy90
      3:55 pm March 13, 2019 Permalink

So do we

• KYjellyRoll
      5:18 pm March 13, 2019 Permalink

We will. I’m more concerned about TN choking

• Ben27
      5:35 pm March 13, 2019 Permalink

Florida should have beat LSU in the second to last game of the season and will upset them this time. We will play Tennessee on Saturday and finish with Florida on Sunday.

3. coolclay
    4:15 pm March 13, 2019 Permalink

I believe whoever wins the games of UK- UT and UNC- Duke will be the other two one seeds

4. NUM1UKFANFROMTHEVILLE
    4:17 pm March 13, 2019 Permalink

Right let’s focus on a Bama team we loss to and a Ole Miss team who is dangerous if you don’t come to play and could’ve beat us. Also if Reid does not play, I think the committee will still keep us as a 1 seed regardless if we don’t beat Tennessee. The only way we go to a 2 seed is if we lose on Friday, mark my words!

• ballplayerstu
      5:33 pm March 13, 2019 Permalink

I agree

• Thetruthshallsetbennyfree
      12:42 am March 14, 2019 Permalink

If we win the natty are you going to burn a sofa in front of the UofL dorms? It’s required if you’re the number one fan in enemy territory.

• NUM1UKFANFROMTHEVILLE
      11:59 am March 14, 2019 Permalink

Lol I like my freedom, but I’m still the biggest U.K. fan who lives in Louisville. I get into it everyday with little brother fans, mostly fam and friends

• catsarerunnin
      7:52 am March 14, 2019 Permalink

Ok Slater from da Ville..

• NUM1UKFANFROMTHEVILLE
      12:06 pm March 14, 2019 Permalink

I don’t comment much but I’m def not Slater or any of the trolls you talk about. I don’t have time to do all that, I gotta life outside of the comment sections of every KSR post. I put my 2 cents in and that’s it

5. davisfeathers
    4:26 pm March 13, 2019 Permalink

cal should lose early so we aint gotta play duke again if we get a 1 they will be are 2

• wyatts1
      7:18 pm March 13, 2019 Permalink

Are you serious?? UK doesn’t run from anybody in basketball ever!! After the first meeting between the two, before UK found their mojo I may add, our boys in blue will be more then motivated to beat dukes fake asses !! If we meet them in the elite 8, final four our in a parking lot, everybody knows that it would be the championship game that all of college basketball is hoping for

• RAGE
      8:51 am March 14, 2019 Permalink

Couldn’t AGREE MORE… We are Kentucky we ain’t scared

• 4everUKblue
      9:35 am March 14, 2019 Permalink

davis can’t even put together a single sentence, I doubt he even finished elementary school.

6. cking
    4:30 pm March 13, 2019 Permalink

All this talk about being in the Louisville region and Duke…

Frankly I’d rather be the 2 out west or go to the Midwest.

If we win the SeC tourney.. we are going to be paired with Duke regardless.

If we lose to Tenn, it might not be a bad thing when all the selections play out.

• henderblue
      6:14 am March 14, 2019 Permalink

I want Duke. We will crush them..

• catsarerunnin
      7:53 am March 14, 2019 Permalink

If they don’t have Zion at 100% they will be crushed before we get the chance.

7. Big johnson
    4:38 pm March 13, 2019 Permalink

If your afraid of Duke why even go to the tournament, to win it all you’ll have to win six games, they all won’t be cupcakes.to be the best you have it beat the best.

• cking
      4:43 pm March 13, 2019 Permalink

You are correct..We are going to play Duke anyway if we are worth a damn anyway.

• KYjellyRoll
      5:19 pm March 13, 2019 Permalink

Agreed

• bigbluebanana
      7:11 pm March 13, 2019 Permalink

Very true

• ukcamel
      7:21 pm March 13, 2019 Permalink

If Duke doesn’t have a healthy Zion they will be lucky to get to the sweet 16.

8. wes720
    5:12 pm March 13, 2019 Permalink

I want to play them all Duke, NC, Virginia, Tennessee, Gonzaga, whoever wants it bring em on!!

• KYjellyRoll
      5:20 pm March 13, 2019 Permalink

Agreed. If we are going to win it all I wouldn’t want any one to be able to say, “eh, they didn’t beat anybody worth a hoot”.

9. makeitstop
    6:41 pm March 13, 2019 Permalink

We can’t worry about who we might have to play. We did make the finals beating 2 number 1’s right? But don’t think for a minute I wouldn’t appreciate someone else knocking off Duke and wouldn’t enjoy the banner just as much if we caught a couple breaks. Just being honest. U gotta be good but sometimes it’s as important to be lucky. If ur both, ur laughin’.

10. 1IH
    6:46 pm March 13, 2019 Permalink

FFS all of this dUKe fear is ridiculous. Stop reading ESPN. Have you watched them at all the last 10 games? Any of the top 3 SEC teams could beat them with Williamson and any of the top 6 or 7 could without. They are all RJ Barrett and nothing else. I’ve watched them and I relish a rematch, with bolden our they are shallow on the middle. Let’s go Cats!!! Btw someone get in touch with Reid’s parents and tell them to get with the PROGRAM!!’

• 1IH
      6:55 pm March 13, 2019 Permalink

Without Williamson they are all Barrett before someone gets all Internet tough and calls me an idiot.

• bigbluebanana
      7:13 pm March 13, 2019 Permalink

You’re the idiot who tried to start a rumor that didn’t exist just to ruffle feathers and make yourself seem important. That’s not an us problem, that’s a you problem.

• 1IH
      7:28 pm March 13, 2019 Permalink

Triple B I was passing along information just as the folks that reported on Sean Miller did this time last year, mine is unsubstantiated and I said that from the beginning. I heard it from a friend who………as the song goes.

11. dbake
    8:19 pm March 13, 2019 Permalink

100 percent guarntee Duke and Kentucky will not be in the same bracket, playing in Louisville. No way in this world. Its the closest thing to playing in Rupp. The committee, will not allow it. Coach K would throw a fit. Never happen!!

12. Thetruthshallsetbennyfree
    12:47 am March 14, 2019 Permalink

Little Dukey would drop a huge dookie if they had to play us in Looserville.

13. JT55
    4:06 am March 14, 2019 Permalink

Personally, I don’t care about 1 or 2. It would be nice to play in Columbus then Louisville.

14. BluKudzu
    5:08 am March 14, 2019 Permalink

Focus.
    Just win the next game.
    One at a time.

15. CahillsCrossingNT
    6:06 am March 14, 2019 Permalink

Alabama or Ole Miss should be all anybody should think about right now. Something very unexpected will happen in these conference tournaments in the next few days. What Lunardi and Palm have now could change quite a bit. But yes, it would surprise me considerably if Duke were forced to go to Louisville to possibly play UK.

16. weneedpitino
    6:58 am March 14, 2019 Permalink

I’m thinking we’ll get a 2 seed at best, I have thought that all along. I also predict we will probably lose tomorrow night and if we do we will be a 3 seed. I’ve been known to be right a few times in my life. Go cats!!

17. weneedpitino
    9:02 am March 14, 2019 Permalink

Where has timmeatwallet been lately I haven’t seen him on here. Everyone be sure and look for me here in Nashville. I’m not hard to spot just look for me with my custom made “make bbn great again hat.” Go cats!!

• 4everUKblue
      9:41 am March 14, 2019 Permalink

I’ll be sure to check the nurseries, I know your parents won’t take you to the game for fear of embarrassment.

18. notFromhere
    9:36 am March 14, 2019 Permalink

Could does not equal will. They will screw the Cats however possible. Playing before a home crowd may be the worst thing they do