The SEC Tournament bracket with one game left in the regular season

SEC-3491

What’s the SEC Tournament bracket look like with one game left in the regular season? Let’s take a look at the standings through last night’s games:

Screen Shot 2017-03-02 at 1.13.36 PM

And the updated bracket:

bracket0302

Not a fan of that potential matchup with Vandy on Friday, not one bit. Here’s hoping the ‘Dores beat Florida on Saturday to move to the other side of the bracket. Here’s Saturday’s schedule:

• Noon: #9 Kentucky at Texas A&M, CBS
  • 1:00 PM: Alabama at Tennessee, SEC Network
  • 2:00 PM: Georgia at Arkansas, ESPN2
  • 2:00 PM: #12 Florida at Vanderbilt, ESPN
  • 3:30 PM: Missouri at Auburn, SEC Network
  • 6:00 PM: LSU at Mississippi State, SEC Network
  • 8:30 PM: South Carolina at Ole Miss, SEC Network

17 Comments for The SEC Tournament bracket with one game left in the regular season

1. Mathlete
    3:06 pm March 2, 2017 Permalink

Not a fan of this bracket, I think we’ve had enough Vandy for one year. Let’s hope SC wins and Ole Miss takes their spot.

2. CatsfaninFL
    3:06 pm March 2, 2017 Permalink

If Vandy were fresh TT, I’d agree… but those lights out shooting teams don’t fare too well when they have to play multiple games in back to back days. The legs catch up.

3. Catcasey1
    3:10 pm March 2, 2017 Permalink

Would love to play vandy again. Can’t play any worse than the last time

4. KayutsBy90
    3:23 pm March 2, 2017 Permalink

Does anyone else have the feeling that if we were to lose to Florida in the final, this year it would actually matter and they would jump in our #2 seed?

• RealCatsFan
      4:25 pm March 2, 2017 Permalink

Basically, I get the feeling that any chance they get, the NCAA Selection Committee will screw us. Hopefully with Mitch in there they will at least use some Vaseline.

• bluetide
      2:02 pm March 3, 2017 Permalink

Bwahahaha

Did you guys hear Matt’s spiel on it making most money sense for the NCAA to not try to prevent us from making the Final Four tho? He made a lotta sense.

5. catsfan27
    3:29 pm March 2, 2017 Permalink

Still don’t understand AnM this year. Thought they’d be a legitimate top 25 team this year. I think they’ll beat Vandy, if this bracket holds.

• CatsfaninFL
      3:36 pm March 2, 2017 Permalink

Yah…we played them early in SEC play and everyone was like…they’ll be #2 team in the league…whoops.

6. az1006
    3:53 pm March 2, 2017 Permalink

Personally, I don’t care who we play. Obviously would prefer not to play teams we’ve struggled against, but let’s be honest…Despite the winning streak, we’ve struggled in each game. I’m anxious to see us put a full 40-minutes together, because we haven’t done so in about 6 weeks. In games we’ve had big leads, we’ve lost them. In games we’ve been down big, we’ve found a way to come back. It isn’t that we’ve played terribly…We’ve just not been consistent for a full game. If we are going to be a special team, that’s what is going to have to happen. And I think (hope) the last 10 minutes of Tuesday night’s game is the catalyst that gets us there. Bring ’em on.

• bourbonlover
      11:17 am March 3, 2017 Permalink

We played pretty well in the Tennessee game throughout but your larger point remains. I just hope we don’t have a lights out shooting performance in a game we don’t have to have it.

7. catsarerunnin
    4:03 pm March 2, 2017 Permalink

It’s always interesting to play Vandy in Nashville during the SEC. It’s Vandy hometown but usually there are only a couple hundred Vandy fans at best in Bridgestone and like 15,000 UK fans. And tens of thousands Cats fans,me included,in Nashville bars watching the game.

8. jonthes
    4:13 pm March 2, 2017 Permalink

The SEC tourney bracket makes no sense – so the only way the 1 seed could meet the worst 14 seed is in the final.
    And the 2 seed gets pushed off to the night rounds, a disadvantage given it’s three games in three days, less rest. After we deal with removing Trump, reform this.

9. AGSlater
    4:58 pm March 2, 2017 Permalink

UK gonna have to play either Georgia or Vandy early. Its tourny time now every game is tough

10. see17fly
    8:58 pm March 2, 2017 Permalink

I have 2 tix for A&M game – email me at [email protected] if interested…

11. chrislarkey
    2:10 pm March 3, 2017 Permalink

Just got back from Nashville and Bon Jovi Concert. What an awesome place.

12. chrislarkey
    2:12 pm March 3, 2017 Permalink

walked down the strip and I’ve never been to the SEC Tourny but I can only imagine what it looks like on the strip while the tourny is going on.