The SEC standings have never looked uglier

© John Reed-USA TODAY Sports

© John Reed-USA TODAY Sports

Kentucky, the No. 1 team in the preseason SEC poll, is in the bottom half of the current standings; while Auburn, picked ninth, and Tennessee, picked 13th, lead the league as the season winds down.

Big Blue Nation, I’m afraid your SEC tournament is going to get started a little earlier than you had planned.

Article written by Drew Franklin

16 Comments for The SEC standings have never looked uglier

1. BBNstrive49
    12:19 am February 15, 2018 Permalink

Only thing closer to the bottom than us is the Titanic.

2. BigBlueNationDude
    12:25 am February 15, 2018 Permalink

This is only the start of the falling Calipari dynasty. Even though its not really a dynasty. 1 title

• ukbradstith
      12:27 am February 15, 2018 Permalink

You can’t have a dynasty in college b-ball, that ended after John Wooden retired.

3. Catsfan1715
    12:33 am February 15, 2018 Permalink

Only 1 title? Only 4 final fours? How many other teams can you name that have had the success we have in the past 10 years. 2 or 3? Maybe 4? And we have the youngest team in history that’s not clicking how we expected and we are suddenly failing? I’m just a frustrated as anyone but you’ve got to be kidding me with this failing dynasty bs

• BigBlueNationDude
      1:41 am February 15, 2018 Permalink

Titles only matter. Lets be honest. Who remembers final fours. Nc, uconn, duke have 2 in that span. We aee equivilant to nova

• Cryingtheblues
      3:54 am February 15, 2018 Permalink

As many NBA players Kentucky has had in the last 9 years there should’ve more than 1 title.

• Catsfan1715
      10:41 am February 15, 2018 Permalink

I remember all of the final fours. Especially the 2 where we proved everyone wrong (including fair weather fans) and did what we weren’t predicted to do. NBA talent doesn’t transfer to winning in college when you’re playing all freshman and maybe 1 upper class man. It just doesn’t happen. Case and point – Duke. If they don’t win it this year and next year than coach K is a bad coach and Duke should fire him!? Right? Because not only does he have TOP TIER NBA talent but he also has seasoned upper class man to go along with it. Oh, and you named 1 team. Nova. So basically Cal sucks because 1 team has as many final fours in that span as we do?

4. Jiminy Crickets
    12:33 am February 15, 2018 Permalink

Go back and look at the last time you posted this. I predicted at that time, when you said we are tied for fourth, that we would be in tenth place by the end of the stretch. At some point, you guys have to realize that we simply are not good

• Catsfan1715
      12:43 am February 15, 2018 Permalink

Agreed. And that doesn’t call for blame and ignorant comments about how Cal is failing our program only being the 2nd or 3rd most successful program in college b-ball in a 10 year stretch. It just it is what is. Accept it. Hope for the best and if it turns out bad we are one of the few teams in the country who has a shot again, every single year, to win a title.

5. Jiminy Crickets
    12:36 am February 15, 2018 Permalink

I’m wondering when does Calipari start using the term “uncoachable”

6. KYJelly
    12:38 am February 15, 2018 Permalink

Everyone said they didn’t expect us to beat Auburn but wanted them to be competitive. They were competitive, and people are still complaining. If it’s WIN or you’re not a fan, then you’re not really a fan. The guys played better than they had been, that’s progress and I’ll take that right now

7. TonyMontana
    2:46 am February 15, 2018 Permalink

Support your team, your players and your coach. The last time we had a season like this, we followed it up by going 38-1.

8. truebluethroughandthrough
    9:29 am February 15, 2018 Permalink

A coach that put us back on top of college basketball, and you all bashing him. Who would you rather have than Cal? I guarantee you that almost any other team in the nation would rather have Cal than whatever junk coach they have. What happened to “in Cal we trust” He will figure it out. Maybe not this season, but in the big scheme, he’s going to figure it out. He’s a winner and wants to be at the top. Everybody has things go wrong sometimes. Get off of him before we end up with Tubby Smith’s equal or Billy Clyde 2.0. We’ll see how bad Cal is then. Took UK basketball from rags back to riches in a very short span, and will do it again if everybody is behind him. So what, we’ve had 2 clunker teams (maybe) in 10 years, but the rest have been a real contender for national titles. Drop the dumb crap…. n.

• Catsfan1715
      10:52 am February 15, 2018 Permalink

Truth is we’ve been the 1st or 2nd (depending how you measure success) most successful team in NCAA in those 10 years and we still have fans who’d like to see Cal gone because he can’t turn the youngest team in history into 30 game winners. It’s the most ridiculous thing I’ve ever seen. Worst, they bash 18-19 year old kids. Personal insults. They’re dumb. They’re never going to make it in nba. They’re kids! And I pray to god they don’t read these ignorant comments on here.

9. hitman72
    11:54 am February 15, 2018 Permalink

I’m seeing both sides of the coin here. On one side we’re 3 games from last place, but in the flip side we’re 2 games out of 3rd place (I say because it’s much more manageable than 3 games out of 2nd). Being 2 games out of 3rd whilst still having 4 of the teams ahead of us still on the schedule really does present a great opportunity. I’ve not given up on them yet and I won’t. If we go to the NIT then we go to the NIT. As I’ve told plenty of people around me that after the Wisconsin loss losing doesn’t bother me at all and I’ve just come to expect we can lose to anybody at anytime. I’m a fan til I die and no matter how bad or good they are doing i’m still wearing blue and white every game day.

10. bradinmississippi
    1:28 pm February 15, 2018 Permalink

Well at least this tournament isn’t in Nashville. I wasn’t going this year anyway. Cal will get it together next year and Nashville will be rocking