The NCAA is investigating UConn

Photo via BET.com

Photo via BET.com

A bad season for UConn just took a turn for the worse. This morning, UConn announced the NCAA is investigating its men’s basketball program. The investigation is reportedly NOT related to the FBI’s ongoing probe into college basketball, but rather recruiting practices under head coach Kevin Ollie.

As we know all too well, Ollie lead the Huskies to the 2014 national championship; however, the past few seasons have been quite a different story. UConn is coming off its first losing season in 29 years, and are only 11-9 this season, 4-3 in American Athletic Conference play.

So…if they lose it, can we have the 2014 National Championship, please?

[ESPN]

[mobile_ad]

20 Comments for The NCAA is investigating UConn

1. LaRueBlue
    10:42 am January 26, 2018 Permalink

Rodney Purvis I’m assuming?

2. 4everUKblue
    10:47 am January 26, 2018 Permalink

They should have done that under Calhoun for sure.

• ClutchCargo
      10:55 am January 26, 2018 Permalink

They did, and UConn was on probation.

• 4everUKblue
      12:02 pm January 26, 2018 Permalink

Oh yeah forgot about that in my old age.

3. Smyrna_Cat
    10:59 am January 26, 2018 Permalink

So, explain to me again how North Carolina got away with what they were doing these last few decades? And how the NCAA has the right to question anyone after that debacle?

• BBNDan7
      11:01 am January 26, 2018 Permalink

Money. If UCONN was still good this would probably not be happening right now

4. BBNDan7
    11:00 am January 26, 2018 Permalink

How can you cheat at recruiting and still suck?

• ClutchCargo
      11:02 am January 26, 2018 Permalink

I’m sure Claude Bassett will be by soon with an answer to that. 🙂

• jimmer
      11:28 am January 26, 2018 Permalink

Haha. Well said.

5. bhb71
    11:00 am January 26, 2018 Permalink

Can we make a “Last Team Standing” banner for 2014 if they get that vacated?

6. serdi
    11:20 am January 26, 2018 Permalink

UCONN should refuse to respond. The NCAA rendered themselves powerless with the NC at Chapel Hill action.

I hope that UCONN tells them to stick it.

7. playmorezeppelin
    11:23 am January 26, 2018 Permalink

Honestly, my first reaction is “who cares?” After the whole North Carolina deal I’ve lost any faith in the integrity of the NCAA that I ever had. If UConn gets hit, then whatever… sucks to be them. But this charade the NCAA puts on is overtly arbitrary and they don’t care who knows it. In all honesty, I wouldn’t doubt that we’ve made some moves in the last 10 years to deserve an investigation. I mean obviously no one wants that but if the whole system is screwed why do we even care? If this sounds like a fan who is starting not to care about college sports its because its true.

• Chacosrule
      11:26 am January 26, 2018 Permalink

agreed

• 4everUKblue
      12:07 pm January 26, 2018 Permalink

Are you kidding Cal couldn’t get away with it, probably got NCAA goons watching him 24/7 because he’s ruined college BB with the one and dones, thank god K came along and saved the day.

• playmorezeppelin
      12:23 pm January 26, 2018 Permalink

Well it’s more than a coincidence that we all of a sudden suck at recruiting now that the FBI has the NCAA under a microscope. What Mark Titus said about Duke cheating may be true, but if you choose to believe that, then you have to also believe that we were guilty of some stuff too. And I don’t know if I totally buy into the idea that Cal couldn’t get away with it just because the NCAA doesn’t appreciate the one and done rule. Regardless, my point isn’t that we should be ashamed of ourselves because we possibly broke some rules. My point is that everyone does it and the entity that is supposed to regulate the league picks and chooses how they want to enforce the rules based on what puts more money in the pockets of about a dozen individuals. It’s like watching a soap opera and being told to believe its a reality tv show.

• Eazy
      5:37 pm January 26, 2018 Permalink

We have three top 25 recruits coming in. I wouldn’t say we suck at recruiting. Should have the second or third best class at worst.

8. Cryingtheblues
    12:25 pm January 26, 2018 Permalink

B

9. meeksfor3
    12:47 pm January 26, 2018 Permalink

Calipari will always have it hanging over him that he lost the 2014 championship to quite possibly the worst coach to ever win a title.