The locker room was awful and impossible, so I left

I was charged with the unenviable task of going to the locker room to get the team’s reaction to a heartbreaking loss, but after trying for ten minutes to even see a glimpse of one of the players, I gave up. From what I could hear, De’Aaron Fox was doing most of the talking, giving North Carolina kudos, hugging Bam Adebayo, and telling reporters how much he loves his brothers. It became clear I wasn’t going to be able to get a shot and I really don’t enjoy shoving a camera in sad kid’s faces, so here are so views from those who were up front. Warning: It’ll break your heart.

And they say one-and-done players don’t care.

44 Comments for The locker room was awful and impossible, so I left

1. 3 fan
    8:10 pm March 26, 2017 Permalink

Bam should be crying. His horrible hands and being weak inside killed us

• Kray502
      8:13 pm March 26, 2017 Permalink

Couldn’t agree more.

• BigBlueMeade
      8:19 pm March 26, 2017 Permalink

You guys are the worst kind of fans. Those 18-19 yr old kids gave their time, heart, and effort into this season and would have loved to win that game for the fans, including you two asshats.

• 8xchamp
      9:38 pm March 26, 2017 Permalink

Amen

• J-Dub421
      8:27 pm March 26, 2017 Permalink

3 fan and Kray are clearly both terrible people.

• KYcats11
      8:37 pm March 26, 2017 Permalink

3 fan u really suck, bam gave it his all.

• anrbob
      8:40 pm March 26, 2017 Permalink

These [email protected]$!tards are 1/2 the reason why other fans hate UK. Absolutely vile. Feel sorry if they ever have kids of their own.

• CATandMONKEY
      8:46 pm March 26, 2017 Permalink

3fan and Kraytard deserve nothing less than cancer.

• 3 fan
      9:27 pm March 26, 2017 Permalink

Big difference in saying a player cost us the game and wishing cancer on someone. You go to hell

• goblue3578
      10:01 pm March 26, 2017 Permalink

Scum

• runningunnin.454
      9:30 pm March 26, 2017 Permalink

Win 10-12 games in a row, and you don’t hear from these a$$holes.

• CATandMONKEY
      9:46 pm March 26, 2017 Permalink

I stand by my comment as you are a cancer on the fanbase. Grow a pair.
      Hell is here on earth…and you prove it. I will gladly take yourr sage advice…or not.

• go back to caneyville
      1:30 am March 27, 2017 Permalink

3 fan and Kray 502, I would like to invite both of you to meet me at the Valero gas station in Caneyville tomorrow night at 6pm so I can give you both what all of these folks that posted above would like for both of you to have, which happens to be an ass stompin and excommunication from the BBN. If you cain’t make it to Caneyville, I’d be glad to meet you somewhere else. It would really mean a lot if both of you would take me up on it. These boys don’t deserve to be talked about like what y’all are doin, it ain’t nice.

2. Bozferatu
    8:21 pm March 26, 2017 Permalink

Contrast this with Lonzo Ball following UCLA’s loss. Cal doesn’t get enough credit for getting guys already looking toward the NBA to play for (and actually care about) the team. These are kids and they lost a heart breaking game in the final second, and clearly they care about each other and UK, Idk why people want to take shots. Thank you guys for another exciting season – signed a UK fan who grew up with Tubby and is happy as hell that we have a shot at it every year.

• cking
      8:23 pm March 26, 2017 Permalink

Agreed…

3. EdC
    8:23 pm March 26, 2017 Permalink

Good job Mrs. T. There are more important things in life. They fought hard, showed great character and they clearly care. No sense making their day any harder than it is already.

4. wildcatjack
    8:24 pm March 26, 2017 Permalink

No one cares if you left. You have a job as a journalist. You made this sad excuse of a post about you. This is a waste of space and could have been a great story, or an understanding moment for fans, but you wanted to tell everyone that you couldn’t handle it when you had no effect on the outcome of the game or the players emotions after. Your job as media is maximum exposure, minimum delay. You can’t handle it, find something else to do.

• Ridge Runner
      8:27 pm March 26, 2017 Permalink

You are out of line

• dgtuk
      8:28 pm March 26, 2017 Permalink

A little harsh wildcat jack but overall i agree with your main point

• Mrs. Tyler Thompson
      8:31 pm March 26, 2017 Permalink

This was literally my view the entire time I was in there:

If you want ten more pictures like that one, I’ve got them. It was impossible to get an angle of anyone.

• wildcatjack
      8:37 pm March 26, 2017 Permalink

So you just give up? That was the only view around every player that participated in the game? Just curious.

• Let’s guess whose bald spot that is. 😜
      Sorry, just trying to lighten the mood.

• CATandMONKEY
      8:48 pm March 26, 2017 Permalink

I love the fckng tards that haven’t posted all year but show up to blast people who have literally poured their heart into the program.
      Fck Jack.

• catsarerunnin
      9:21 pm March 26, 2017 Permalink

Congrats wildcatjackoff for being douchebag of the decade.

5. Oh great, MJ’s commercial for the Final Four trip just st played. 🙄

6. Mc12
    8:27 pm March 26, 2017 Permalink

Help me on the 2 tips ins by bam?…. first was off the cylinder. What happened on the second

7. chris43
    8:31 pm March 26, 2017 Permalink

I’m proud of our guys and our team. We lost by two in a heartbreaker. But you’ll never convince me that Fox and Bam didn’t get murdered numerous times with no calls. Just imagine if 50% of those so called “blocks” and “strips” were called as they should have been….now imagine if we hit just 50% of the free throws on those calls. It’d be a totally different outcome. I hate to sound that way but no way you block Fox that much and it’s the same with Bam. Can they be blocked or stripped? Of course as can anybody…can you do it clean 99% of the time??? I hadn’t seen it until tonight. But great game guys. GO BIG BLUE!

8. deepsouthfan
    8:33 pm March 26, 2017 Permalink

Come on guys….they are kids! I really liked this group. Played with a lot of heart. Never boastful or arrogant. Was, am and always be a CAT fan for life. Thanks for another great season!

9. Ken Grizzle
    8:36 pm March 26, 2017 Permalink

Great Team Effort. Great Bunch of Young Men. They played hard and have no reason to hang their heads. Losses are tough for all to accept but they represented The University, The Big Blue Nation and The State well. My heartfelt thanks goes out to the seniors for four years of memories-all good. My thanks to the young Cats who graced us with their presence if but a year. You guys, all of you guys, will always be Wildcats and will always be loved by those of us who embrace The Wildcats. Good Luck in all your life’s endeavors.

10. tubby b smith
    8:38 pm March 26, 2017 Permalink

i don’t blame the kids good game….how many of you bandwagon fans said they wouldn’t get pass the first week when they lost 3 in a row? I admit i was one in January too. proud of the guys

11. Ridge Runner
    8:40 pm March 26, 2017 Permalink

Loved this team and very proud

12. henderblue
    8:41 pm March 26, 2017 Permalink

#1 you are a moron.

• CATandMONKEY
      8:51 pm March 26, 2017 Permalink

No doing. Forced castration still has a role in modern timea as evidenced above.

13. TaylorSh
    8:43 pm March 26, 2017 Permalink

Your pulse quickens, your heart beating just a little faster. When you think about them you smile, laugh even. They frustrate you with their adolescence sometimes, but you love them just the same. I did. I loved this team. I still love this team. I loved the speed of Fox, the accuracy of Monk, and the strength of Bam. I loved the leadership of Hawkins, Willis, and Briscoe and the heart of the bench (I saw that performance tonight, Humphries 😍). To see the tears tonight during those post-game interview broke my heart, but I love them just the same. Thanks for a great season, CATS. Breaking up with you will be one of the hardest thing I’ve had to do in my young adult life, but your dedication to me and the BBN will not be forgotten. Go get ’em in the NBA!

14. npaflas
    8:46 pm March 26, 2017 Permalink

Maybe Calipari just isn’t that good. We panic in big games, and his only title was when we had AD. Also, having all these fresman doesnt seem to help.

Also, UK sucks. Go Hoosiers.

• CATandMONKEY
      8:52 pm March 26, 2017 Permalink

Yeah they were fantastic this year.

• bluetide
      9:21 pm March 26, 2017 Permalink

When do the Hoosiers play next week? Oh they don’t? Well, what round of the tourney did they go out?

• catsarerunnin
      9:22 pm March 26, 2017 Permalink

Thank you Bobby Knight.

• runningunnin.454
      10:20 pm March 26, 2017 Permalink

Thank you, npaflas….that is the funniest thing I’ve read in my entire life.
      Go Loosiers ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

15. Sandy
    8:50 pm March 26, 2017 Permalink

These are an incredible bunch of young men. They played their hearts out. May god bless each and everyone of them. Hold your heads up high. There is no shame in how you played. The refs were just not fair. I have loved ky basketball 🏀 since I was old enough to know what it was. Back when Sam Bowie and Kenny walker played. The is next season keep pushing you will make it. Love you guys.

16. Jsg7191
    9:05 pm March 26, 2017 Permalink

My word, give Mrs Thompson a break. The boys have given everything this year especially the last several games. I don’t like to see my Cats lose and the officiating in that game was ridiculous.Im so proud of the boys and am very sad they didn’t win.. Go Cats!

17. nicky
    9:12 pm March 26, 2017 Permalink

Tyler…great job as always! Year in and year out….Thank you