The Harrison twins say they’re the best guards in the draft

harrisons-combine

Ask Andrew Harrison and he will tell you he is the best point guard in the draft.

Ask Aaron Harrison and he will tell you he is the best shooting guard in the draft.

The twins certainly do not lack any confidence, and that confidence was on full display in their interview with NBA TV at the combine. Andrew said, “I definitely feel I’m the best point guard in the draft, all around. I just want to prove that, prove that everyday.”

Aaron followed with, “I’m the best two-guard in the draft. I just have to show my athleticism and be a consistent shooter and just keep working hard.”

When asked what he can improve, Aaron said he needs to get better at finishing strong at the rim. Andrew wants to improve every aspect of his game and prove he is capable of leading at the next level.

You can watch the twins’ entire interview here.

Article written by Drew Franklin

12 Comments for The Harrison twins say they’re the best guards in the draft

1. Leuther
    2:36 pm May 13, 2015 Permalink

I’m the best UK graduate in the last 50 years…

• itsUKnotUofK
      2:43 pm May 13, 2015 Permalink

Sorry I just got my final GPA for this year and they said I “passed Leuther” for best graduate at UK

2. poppycat
    2:39 pm May 13, 2015 Permalink

If so good, why so bad those last 5 minutes?
    Don’t think NBA scouts are fooled.

• J-Dub421
      2:45 pm May 13, 2015 Permalink

Yes, please judge their entire 2 years at UK based on a few minutes in one game.

• ukbradstith
      3:57 pm May 13, 2015 Permalink

Because it’s Cal’s philosophy to milk the clock with a lead in the closing minutes, so everybody in the world knew exactly what was going to happen when Andrew was backing it out and not running offense. Makes it extremely easy to guard and leaves Andrew (or Aaron) out on an island. And no, I don’t know more than Cal, I just don’t agree with this strategy that he has used time and time again. In fairness, lots of coaches use it, but it’s better to put the petal to the metal and try to crush a team then play it safe.

• poppycat
      4:40 pm May 13, 2015 Permalink

To J-Dub………Do you really think that Andrew at any time in the last two years that he was considered the best point guard in the nation? Has he ever been considered the first draft pick PG?
      He’s is/was good , but not that good………….I would still take both for another yaer or two more like them………We make have 2 signed just as good….

• J-Dub421
      5:23 pm May 13, 2015 Permalink

Your writing is so bad, I’m not really sure what you’re asking me.

3. UK1983
    2:40 pm May 13, 2015 Permalink

yawn. too much talk.

4. J-Dub421
    2:43 pm May 13, 2015 Permalink

The Harrisons are the most clutch guards in the draft. They have bailed us out countless times with great plays when we really needed them. They’re also the most criticized, as evidenced by the “fans” who posted above.

5. nybrasky
    3:16 pm May 13, 2015 Permalink

Good luck, fellas. Keep working hard.

6. cracka
    3:57 pm May 13, 2015 Permalink

hope to catch some of the 5 on 5 games out there at the combine … hopefully they’re not on the same team, would like to see that

7. Reese Davis
    6:57 pm May 13, 2015 Permalink

1. The Harrison Twins are tough as nails, they played great in the clutch and played through a lot of scrutiny, especially their freshman year
    2. The greatest thing about the twins: they shoved a comeback from 14 down early, sweet 16 win over our arch rival right down Pitinos throat. We own Louisville’s bball program and you have to give the Harrison’s a lot of credit for that, 3-0 vs little brother.