The Cats beat the weather to Nashville

With inclement weather in the forecast, John Calipari rounded up his team and got a head start on the trip to Nashville. Normally they would wait until tomorrow to make the trip for a Saturday away game, but the Music City is expecting hazardous travel conditions this weekend, so the Cats arrived Thursday night to ensure they’re ready to go for Saturday’s game.

The early arrival means a lot of free time for the guys on Friday. If it were me, I would check out the top floor of Rippy’s then maybe walk over to Tootsie’s for a couple and then Tin Roof and then a shot-n-go at Paradise Park before dinner. But that’s just me. They probably shouldn’t do that.

Beat Vandy though.

Article written by Drew Franklin

20 Comments for The Cats beat the weather to Nashville

1. Han
    11:00 pm January 11, 2018 Permalink

Oh Drew. There can’t be more than 1 or 2 guys on the team over 21, if that.

• Ben27
      8:59 am January 12, 2018 Permalink

What about spending the time practicing basketball. Lord knows they need all they can get! Just a thought. They are going to be professionals after all. Basketball should be their number one concern.

2. Philthy
    11:11 pm January 11, 2018 Permalink

It’s not hard to tell who wrote this. Drew is an honorary Nashville citizen.

• KYcats11
      12:21 am January 12, 2018 Permalink

I don’t mind Drew having fun in Nashville on the weekends, and talking about the places he likes there, (as he did in this post), but it somewhat bothers me when Mrs. TT promotes Nashville as much as she does, and acts like it’s a perfect city. I like her writing and understand that she lives there but… the reality is that most of the readers here take great pride in the state of Kentucky (as mentioned on the radio today), and when we here this crap about Nashville it’s almost offensive to us.

• Mrs. Tyler Thompson
      9:32 am January 12, 2018 Permalink

There is a lot about this comment that makes me angry, especially coming off a week in which I was home with my family in Kentucky. But the great thing about the internet is, if you don’t like my posts, just scroll on by. Sorry I offend you so.

• KYcats11
      10:36 am January 12, 2018 Permalink

Let’s not take this out of context here. I specifically said I like her writing. I am sincerely sorry if I offended you. (And I mean that)

• KatsKlaws
      3:10 am January 12, 2018 Permalink

Sounds like someone is mad that Kentucky is mostly a shithole…since that is the operative word of the day

• Eazy
      8:34 am January 13, 2018 Permalink

Mostly poor but also mostly beautiful. And Lexington is consistently ranked near the top of quality of life studies. Smaller but nicer than Nashville.

• HackRichards
      7:14 am January 12, 2018 Permalink

Just remember that crap flows down stream…and Louisville is definitely downstream…and Nashville may be too.

• Eazy
      8:40 am January 13, 2018 Permalink

Speaking of shitholes, Tennessee is pretty bad outside of Nashville. Lexington is way nicer than Knoxville. And Memphis barely edges out Louisville.

3. katmandue2you
    11:21 pm January 11, 2018 Permalink

If I span down and read the article without paying attention to the author, it’s funny how without exception I can always tell when it’s been written by one Drew Franklin. There’s 3 people on the team over 21. Coach Cal, John Robic and Kenny Payne…I’m thinking they can sneak Coach Justice in to Tootsies if they know what they’re doing. Brad…you’re in charge of curfew!

• Rembrandt
      6:46 am January 12, 2018 Permalink

Cal will be heading straight to the nearest Dunkin Donuts.

• ClutchCargo
      4:01 pm January 12, 2018 Permalink

You can say that again, katmandue2you.

4. katmandue2you
    11:21 pm January 11, 2018 Permalink

5. steve simpson
    12:02 am January 12, 2018 Permalink

Kindly Myers might be working at Tootsies!!!!!!! Good call Drew

6. Kat4Life
    7:47 am January 12, 2018 Permalink

Head over to the Vanderbilt Kappa Sigma fraternity house and knock down a few on “the corner”

7. catsarerunnin
    8:15 am January 12, 2018 Permalink

Yes Drew I’ve seen you in action in Nashville. So people listen up. He knows what he’s talking about. In this instance anyway.

8. Jesus H. Chrysler
    10:25 am January 12, 2018 Permalink

^5 on Kindly. She’ll Definitely keep the kids entertained

9. jaws2
    2:44 pm January 12, 2018 Permalink

I happen to live in KY’s largest city and must admit, Nashville is LIGHTYEARS ahead of loserville. But hey, we’ve got the ‘possibility city’ moniker going for us and mayor McBike Lane !! This city will NEVER be in the same league as Nashville, and that’s truly unfortunate.

• Eazy
      8:37 am January 13, 2018 Permalink

Yep. Louisville needs an NBA team in the worst way. Also, Lexington isn’t as big but is also light years ahead of Louisville in education, income…quality of life overall.