The Cats are now a 1-point underdog at Arkansas

Photo @CoachCalDotCom

Photo @CoachCalDotCom

The Cats at shoot around at Bud Walton Arena (Photo @CoachCalDotCom)

After opening as a 2.5-point favorite over the Razorbacks yesterday, the Cats are now a 1-point underdog in tonight’s game in Fayetteville.  Calipari is 0-2 in games at Arkansas, and this will be his young squad’s first real SEC road test (I don’t count Vandy).

Perhaps Cal can use the underdog role to motivate his team to capture that sense of urgency he’s been looking for all season?

26 Comments for The Cats are now a 1-point underdog at Arkansas

1. Jimtown Catfan
    4:37 pm January 14, 2014 Permalink

This is going to be tough for the Cats. Hogs are like two different teams, almost unbeatable at Bud Walton and awful on the road. Its going to be hostile, like nothing these young Cats have seen before. I can see this game going either way. This line from Vegas is not surprising at all to me. My gut, Cats by 3. It will be their best win of the season by far. This is going to be a real road test and test their mental and physical toughness. Go Cats!!!!

2. KSR friendly bookie
    4:50 pm January 14, 2014 Permalink

Arkansas is favored 1 and a half

3. M
    4:52 pm January 14, 2014 Permalink

If Doug Shows is officiating they’ll become a 7 point favorite.

4. Dribble-drive high-five
    4:52 pm January 14, 2014 Permalink

I think I will need a Woodford Reserve double oak for this game. Maybe a double

• haha
      4:53 pm January 14, 2014 Permalink

Right there with you, buddy

5. Brandon
    4:53 pm January 14, 2014 Permalink

I believe this is the game they turn it on. If we get off to a good start I think they can take the crowd out of it and get a good road win.

6. Bobbaloo
    4:56 pm January 14, 2014 Permalink

Arkansas might have the best home crowd in basketball. I wish ours was that loud.

7. Alamo_CatFan
    4:58 pm January 14, 2014 Permalink

The vegas fix will be in for sure. I can already smell a shouting match with the refs (my tv) tonight.

8. MikeMan
    4:59 pm January 14, 2014 Permalink

I get that the Vandy crowd was 50% blue and they were limited on players, but travelling to play as well as playing on that funky court I think provided a good “road” challenge.

9. jengland
    5:18 pm January 14, 2014 Permalink

Cats will need to bring the game they played against Providence in order to win this one. Arkansas foul trouble may be our only hope if they do not.

10. Bradley
    5:24 pm January 14, 2014 Permalink

8. Correct. I feel like someone else is posting under your name today Tyler. A lot of posts and statements that sound more like a BTI or. Nichols post today.

• Mrs. Tyler Thompson
      5:28 pm January 14, 2014 Permalink

Nope, it’s all me. Just a little nervous for the game. Maybe it’s still a hangover from last year’s SEC road woes.

11. Feral Hogs
    5:25 pm January 14, 2014 Permalink

Arkansas plays like feral hogs at home, pot belly pigs on the road.

12. STEVE!
    5:33 pm January 14, 2014 Permalink

The Twins and Young can’t be hesitant or timid tonight. It will be a brawl against the Hogs attacking defense out there on the perimeter.

13. Why Not?
    5:38 pm January 14, 2014 Permalink

I have never bet on the Cat’s before, but with an un-ranked team being favored, against a team that is hopefully figuring it out (still a long way to go but surely enough to beat Arkansas even at home) I had to throw some money down on this one.

14. Big Blue Match Maker Dot Com
    5:39 pm January 14, 2014 Permalink

Hello???

15. Big Blue Match Maker Not Dot Com
    5:42 pm January 14, 2014 Permalink

What is wrong with my comment(s)?

• Rei
      7:08 pm January 14, 2014 Permalink

They suck, that’s what.

16. bbanks81
    5:46 pm January 14, 2014 Permalink

This game is huge! If we can escape with a win, it will speak volumes for the growth of this team. if we come out like we did against Vandy we will hve a very frustrated fan base. Cal and his players really need to step it up tonight, and show the nation that we are THE team to beat in the SEC. I wish I fealt better about this game than I do right now……a couple Four Roses might help the confidence

17. raccoon
    5:54 pm January 14, 2014 Permalink

Even very very good teams usually drop 1-3 games on the road in conference. Even in a conference as weak as the SEC. The John Wall team lost to a bad South Carolina team and pretty good UT team on the road. The Brandon Knight team was 2-6 on the road in the SEC if I’m not mistaken. When the Kansas Jayhawks had that great team in 2008 they lost three games on the road in conference including one to an unranked team.

This would be a great win. The only thing that would be really bad is a 15+ point/demoralizing loss. If the Hogs come out and play a great game, get a couple calls, a few bounces go their way and they edge us (basically what happened against UNC), I’ll be mad, but I won’t be in doomsday mode.

• raccoon
      5:57 pm January 14, 2014 Permalink

The Florida Gators first title they lost 5 SEC road games – 4 vs. unranked teams. The next year they repeated with 3 SEC road game losses vs. unranked teams.

I think the point is made.

18. REALLY!!!!
    6:53 pm January 14, 2014 Permalink

ARKANSAS SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

19. Blue To The Bone..
    7:21 pm January 14, 2014 Permalink

Bad place for the CATS tonight…Hogs by 12-14..

• ==== OL' PIX ====
      8:36 pm January 14, 2014 Permalink

==== Double digit medicine to swallow 2 nite for Cal’s NBA DEVELOPMENT LEAGUE team of “Archie” Wannnabees …………….. =====

20. Hendo Blue
    7:49 pm January 14, 2014 Permalink

12-14? Wow. It will be tough down there but don’t see that happening. Hope your wrong. I’ll go out on a limb here and say if somebody wins by that much, it be the Cats. Go Big Blue!

21. Justice Squad
    7:53 pm January 14, 2014 Permalink

if kentucky wants it more they will win. “two” halves of good basketball and they can get it done.