The air ducts are now blue at Rupp Arena

Screen Shot 2016-07-12 at 4.34.46 PM

Ready for the best news you’ll hear today? The air ducts at Rupp Arena are now blue.

For years — nay, DECADES — the red ducts have irked fans, especially after they remained red through various minor renovations. Thankfully, those days are over. Check out this video from the folks at Rupp Arena TV of the ducts turning blue:

One more before and after, because this is a very big day:

ruppducts

It already looks ten times better.

9 Comments for The air ducts are now blue at Rupp Arena

1. deltasig41
    5:55 pm July 12, 2016 Permalink

I can’t say I ever cared all that much, I just never understood why it wasn’t done when they changed all the chairs back in the early 2000s. When it had the horrendous 70s multi-colored seats, the red made a little more sense. But when they did the first renovation and put in blue chairs and pained the aisles, I couldn’t wrap my head around them leaving the ducts red. Looks a thousand times better now.

2. jwild
    6:05 pm July 12, 2016 Permalink

When will they add blue bench backs up top??? That’s a game changer.

• DelrayCat
      6:30 pm July 12, 2016 Permalink

They can’t do it. You’d have to cut out 2-4 seats per row. The super tiny allocated distance in between bench seats couldn’t be done effectively with chair backs.

3. david8577
    6:18 pm July 12, 2016 Permalink

Red is the color of dorm room prostitutes. I’m glad they got it changed out.

4. Han
    6:26 pm July 12, 2016 Permalink

Took em long enough.

5. DelrayCat
    6:27 pm July 12, 2016 Permalink

Dang…it just isnt the same without Big Bertha up there….sniff sniff.
    Anyone know what happened to her?

• Hcjmoose
      7:58 pm July 12, 2016 Permalink

Big Bertha got taken down back after the season ended. They are installing a new center court LCD, HIDef scoreboard. The old scoreboards are gonna as well. I noticed at my daughter’s graduation they were gone. Rupp now has all blue ducts, digital ribbon board all around upper bowl, and FINALLY a scoreboard at center court. They’ve also installed new, bigger hi def video boards in the corners where the old ones were. The wifi is updated as fans can now interact while inside the arena and the sound system is better. Not the old echo that Bertha belted out. I am so glad they didn’t sell out and build a new arena. Not many teams still have their arena for which it was built for. I know one school in Kentucky sold their souls to Col Sanders to get a new arena. We’re fine where we are. We just keep winning.

6. CottonMash
    6:48 pm July 12, 2016 Permalink

Should have just painted them grey to match the dust that will eventually be there (unless new technology takes care of that too)

7. WildcatCam
    11:03 pm July 12, 2016 Permalink

I’m glad they finally got those ugly things in the corners blue! Goodness!