Tennessee’s media staff had fun with “alternative facts” in their game notes

Shoutout to Alex Forkner, who first noticed this hilarious addition to the Tennessee game notes for tomorrow night’s game. The Tennessee media staff put in an “alternative facts” section, a nod to the White House’s spin on press secretary Sean Spicer’s claims about the size of the crowd at President Trump’s inauguration. Before you all get INTERNET MAD about something or the other, this is actually pretty funny.

From UT’s game notes:

Screen Shot 2017-01-23 at 12.18.45 PM

Well done, UT media relations.

55 Comments for Tennessee’s media staff had fun with “alternative facts” in their game notes

1. BobTheBuilder
    4:27 pm January 23, 2017 Permalink

Making fun of the unfair, biased, liberal media is NOT funny. Trying to delegitimize President Trump is truly disgusting.

• sethery
      4:48 pm January 23, 2017 Permalink

Understood, Captain Snowflake.

• Han
      5:45 pm January 23, 2017 Permalink

This is the Internet, so there’s no way to tell if you’re serious or joking (Poe’s Law). If you’re serious, since I’m a Conservative, there’s a chance you’ll give what I say a chance.

The media is all editorialized and run by huge corporations owned by rich men. They all have an agenda. None are more blatant in their agenda than Fox News. The others make more of an outward claim for being unbiased.

If your Tweets, your press secretary, and your campaign manager are constantly incorrect or outright false in their statements, any media, liberal or conservative, SHOULD point it out. Don’t mock it (to the extent you can avoid it), but do challenge it. Pointing out when someone lies is not unfair or mockery. It’s intelligent and necessary. And if a President chooses to act a fool on social media, it’s his own fault if people make fun of it. SNL hasn’t been funny for a long time, but they’ve literally used President Trump’s words as he said them, without commentary, to show how ridiculously or disgusting he himself has behaved.

I don’t know that I’ve ever voted for a Democrat, so don’t think I’m one of them bad guys like many accuse Matt Jones of being, but a man who talks about grabbing women by their genitals is the only one who’s done anything disgusting that I’ve seen, friend.

• Bluebros
      6:22 pm January 23, 2017 Permalink

Holy Hell. Is this a reasonable internet post?! Han, you win the internet today.

CNN – grabbing a woman’s genitals is bad and he shouldn’t be president
      FOX – I mean, it’s not THAT big of a deal. Look, he has small hands anyways.

I hate FOX and CNN more than I do Louisville & Duke. At least they aren’t tearing up the country in the name of profit, ratings and self serving agendas.

BobTheBuilder.. What world are you living in if you think “liberal media” is the only biased news in America? Surely you can’t think that way. Hope I just missed your sarcasm.

• keiths
      9:35 pm January 23, 2017 Permalink

LOL The malignant cheeto does a good enough job his self

2. Booby Petrino
    4:28 pm January 23, 2017 Permalink

I’m not internet mad, but this is pretty lame. But I suppose if you’re easily amused, this is funny.

3. Sentient Third Eye
    4:32 pm January 23, 2017 Permalink

I think Kellyanne Conway is the smartest person in the room most times (and certainly the smartest in Washington all the time). Her point that facts can be contradictory at times was actually both brilliant and correct (and backed up by CNN’s own gigapixel picture taken an hour later that shows a crowd extending from the capitol all the way to the Washington monument. Both pictures were real, but the crowd was late arriving.)

That said, this is admittedly very funny on its own merits.

• dcgirl
      4:54 pm January 23, 2017 Permalink

No. This is a good study in perspective. The two-story tent at the back of the crowd in the gigapic was at 12th St. well in front of the Washington Memorial (“16th St”). Only aerials are useful in comparison.

But anyway – it’s just another example that Trump lies about the dumbest sh!t and has the thinnest skin.

• Sentient Third Eye
      5:03 pm January 23, 2017 Permalink

Ironic that the side that preaches tolerance is often too narrow-minded to understand the simplest things. Oh well…

• dcgirl
      5:08 pm January 23, 2017 Permalink

You got me — I am intolerant of people who don’t understand basic principles of perspective and geography.

4. kvltclassic
    4:33 pm January 23, 2017 Permalink

Didn’t even need to click on the link to know what the comments would say. Although I didn’t laugh at their post either, not because I think it is some traitorous statement.

• Sentient Third Eye
      4:43 pm January 23, 2017 Permalink

You didn’t even think the Kyle Alexander line was funny? That was hilarious.

• kvltclassic
      5:28 pm January 23, 2017 Permalink

I mean that was the funniest one on there, it didn’t land with me, I’ve also been at work all day so maybe I wasn’t in the right mind state because reading it now I like it more. Made me think of the guy who didn’t know how to stretch.

• Han
      5:50 pm January 23, 2017 Permalink

Yeah, there’s nothing there that’s actually silly enough to earn a laugh. They’re just jumping on the “alternate facts” meme bandwagon.

And the people who come out of the woodwork on Kentucky sports sites to defend any Conservative/Republican no matter what they do makes it very hard to be a Conservative. I don’t like being associated with people who blindly defend any politician just because he’s on their team.

5. sjk0000
    4:43 pm January 23, 2017 Permalink

And in other news, The Republicans run Washington and there is nothing the Democrats can do about it except try to inject humor to mask their inner despair..

6. sethery
    4:47 pm January 23, 2017 Permalink

Jesus christ, these comments…

7. Cousins Fake Tooth
    4:51 pm January 23, 2017 Permalink

The Trump pic was taken 3 hours before the event even started.

8. kentuck1
    5:00 pm January 23, 2017 Permalink

Maybe someone should post a photo of the Trump crowd at its max? That might help?

• dcgirl
      5:26 pm January 23, 2017 Permalink

There are a ton of photos out there.

There were a lot fewer people than at Obama’s. Period (h/t Spicer). But that isn’t something to be ashamed of. His numbers were nuts and probably won’t be matched for a long while. Trump got about the same ##s as GW Bush.

I think the really embarrassing thing was the parade route’s empty risers — but that goes to bad organization (those are mostly ticketed).

• catsarerunnin
      5:50 pm January 23, 2017 Permalink

Well us sexist,racist,white,men folk were there and we didn’t wear our penis hats out of respect…

• Mathlete
      7:07 am January 24, 2017 Permalink

Time lapse of the entire day

9. Cats or Die
    5:13 pm January 23, 2017 Permalink

WE ARE MAD AT YOU BECAUSE YOU CAUGHT OUR PARTY LEADERS TELLING LIES AND ARE NOW MAKING FUN OF THEM! WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT?

10. the ghost of Bill Hicks
    5:22 pm January 23, 2017 Permalink

In Allen Iverson voice: What are we talking ’bout. We talking ’bout attendance figures.

11. One Man Gang
    5:24 pm January 23, 2017 Permalink

Tyler probably wore her pink, vagina hat as she wrote this.

• kvltclassic
      5:29 pm January 23, 2017 Permalink

wow, unnecessary

• catsarerunnin
      5:36 pm January 23, 2017 Permalink

Which is more ridiculous? Trump’s media chief saying the Friday crowds were bigger than 2009 or thousands of adult women parading around our nation’s capital wearing pink vajayjay hats? I’m an equal opportunity dealer of criticism when it comes to the mind numbing nonsense of the past few days.

• Cats Other Paw
      5:39 pm January 23, 2017 Permalink

One Man Gang has the most factual comment in this insipid post’s thread.

• dcgirl
      5:55 pm January 23, 2017 Permalink

The ignorance, hate, and misogyny on this site — and especially that directed at Tyler — is reprehensible.

• Stuck on Blue
      6:05 pm January 23, 2017 Permalink

At least she would have to put on said hat, unlike you with a head that is forever shaped like a penis.
      Geesh, what a d**k head.

• catsarerunnin
      6:08 pm January 23, 2017 Permalink

It didn’t used to be this way but things go to hell in a hand basket when there’s a republican president.

12. bluegrassbooya
    5:37 pm January 23, 2017 Permalink

Kinda funny, nothing to get worked up about.

13. kvltclassic
    5:43 pm January 23, 2017 Permalink

I also get my mind blown when people are shocked and get all “stick to sports” when they continue to visit this site that always posts things that get them mad. Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results.

• Han
      5:55 pm January 23, 2017 Permalink

Yup. The site’s founder cares about politics and brings it up while also allowing his staff to do so. It’s almost like he has a right to do it and that politics affect us all. (I say that as someone who is on the other side of the aisle from Jones but tries to use common sense when it comes to politics.)

I understand people who just want to have their hobby/escapism and avoid preaching on politics or religion or whatever, but it’s pretty easy to just skip these posts or not respond to them instead of saying the site should drop it or threatening to quit coming here.

Also, there are other UK news sites people can visit. One of them also has a built-in “I hate Matt Jones!” fanbase they could join.

• CATandMONKEY
      1:38 am January 24, 2017 Permalink

Han, enough already with the sensible, objective posts. That type of reasonable thinking has no place on these boards!

• kvltclassic
      9:24 am January 24, 2017 Permalink

CATandMONKEY I was about to say the same thing, I don’t even know what to think after reading Han’s insightful posts

14. leon singleton
    6:51 pm January 23, 2017 Permalink

Ashley Judd should be booed out of Rupp Arena.

15. binarysolo
    6:55 pm January 23, 2017 Permalink

It really is fun to see all the goons who are the first to jump down people’s throats, “what? can’t take a joke??!” not able to actually take a joke.

16. dcgal
    6:56 pm January 23, 2017 Permalink

OMG, I’m so triggered!! This sports site is full of nothing but ignorant sexist cisgender white-male-privileged masculine racist misogynist patriarchy spouting microaggressions, hate speech, institutional sexism/racism with a complete lack of gender equality. As an empowered individual matriculating at the finest institution of higher learning while triple-majoring in poli-sci, pre-law, and women’s studies, not only do several of my professors agree with me, but have encouraged me to post a complete write-up regarding my horrible experience here with these neanderthals . . . which I will post immediately to my tumblr blog. Thank you and good day.

• unbridled
      8:43 am January 24, 2017 Permalink

Hahaha. She’s such an entitled, special little snowflake. I’m sure after reading your comment, she will need some midol, a skim milk latte, and an extra large participation trophy to combat your “hate”

17. MegatonRange
    7:18 pm January 23, 2017 Permalink

Elections have consequences . Democrats can whine & bitch about everything & think they’re actually doing something, meanwhile Trump & the Republicans are ripping out the guts out of the last eight miserable years. Within a month, you won’t even know that Obama was ever president.

• sjk0000
      9:57 pm January 23, 2017 Permalink

Amen!! These last 8 yrs have set the US back 20 yrs. Thank God the most corrupt person to ever run for President, Hillary, didn”t get elected or we would all be f*cked.

• unbridled
      10:40 pm January 23, 2017 Permalink

Hahaha. It’s good great isn’t it. The little sheltered butt hurt communists are coming unglued as the Barry “legacy” is demolished. I’m not a drumpf guy by any means, but he seems to be doing just fine early on. Keep crying communists. We care tons 🙂

18. keiths
    9:36 pm January 23, 2017 Permalink

Everyone lost in this election, just some of us haven’t realized it yet

• sjk0000
      9:59 pm January 23, 2017 Permalink

I agree… the Hillary and Sanders supporters will soon realize America made the right choice.

19. UK51Fan
    10:33 pm January 23, 2017 Permalink

Tyler,
    I am sure that you anticipated the reactions in these comments from the thin skinned nit wits who try to pass as UK fans. I’d like to throw a fact into the discussion – I recently saw a poll that revealed something very interesting – 75% of those who voted for Trump held a very negative opinion of Obamacare, 65% of those who voted for Trump held a positive opinion of the Affordable Care Act. Very interesting!

• satcheluk
      9:49 am January 24, 2017 Permalink

Back in May 2014, NBC News and Marist conducted a survey in which people were asked their opinion on the Affordable Care Act. Half of the respondents were asked their opinions on “Obamacare,” while the other half were asked about “Kynect” ― the name of the state health care exchange that Kentucky lawmakers built to comply with the Affordable Care Act.

According to the survey, Kynect was much, much more popular among respondents than Obamacare was, no matter how you sliced it. Even Republicans, who expressed their raging disapproval of Obamacare by a gap of 83 percent to 10 percent, only mildly disapproved of Kynect ― to the tune of 32 percent to 16 percent.

20. playmorezeppelin