1. Kentucky is 24-0 all-time in the NCAA Tournament against teams seeded 12 or lower. Buffalo is the 13-seed.
2. The Cats are also 5-0 in the second round vs. teams seeded ten or lower. Last year they defeated ten-seed Wichita State in the second round 65-62.
3. Buffalo has never been to a Sweet 16. In fact, their win over Arizona was the program’s first NCAA Tournament victory. Their 27 wins in 2018 are the most in school history, winning each game by an average of 9.3 points.
4. Buffalo played Cincinnati close. The South Region’s two-seed only beat Buffalo by six in the Grand Cayman Islands during a holiday tournament. The Bulls also played Syracuse within seven, but took a pretty bad beating (89-73) at the hands of a much bigger Texas A&M team.
5. Even though Buffalo dominated Arizona in a 21-point victory, Arizona still shot 45 percent from the field. Buffalo surrenders 76.3 points per game, ranked No. 260 in the nation.
6. Buffalo has scored less than 70 points just twice this season. The Bulls were held to 67 against Cincinnati and 62 against St. Bonaventure.
7. The Bulls are one of the five-best scoring teams in the nation, averaging 84.5 points per game. Five UK opponents scored more than 80 this season; Kentucky was 2-3 in those games.
8. This is Nate Oats’ first college head coaching gig. The 43-year old replaced Bobby Hurley after spending two seasons on his staff as an assistant coach. Prior to joining the Buffalo staff, he coached Romulus High School in Michigan for 11 years.
9. Kentucky has a 75.8 percent chance to win according to ESPN’s BPI.
10. Buffalo’s mascot is Victor E. Bull, a name that will not make much sense after today’s game.