1. Tonight’s game is Sold Out. The Gators are 5-1 in their renovated arena this season, only losing to Vanderbilt two weeks ago.
2. Kasey Hill is second in the SEC in assists. In his 11th season as a Gator, Hill is dishing out 4.9 assists per game, .8 behind De’Aaron Fox, who will be a game-time decision. Hill is also top five in the league in steals with 1.9 a game.
3. They hold opponents below their scoring average. The only team to exceed their scoring average against Florida was Georgia, and the Bulldogs needed overtime to do it. Kentucky averages 91.3 points per game, making it a safe bet they will be held beneath their scoring average tonight.
4. First time underdogs. The Cats have not been underdogs all season, yet they’re 2.5 point ‘dogs an hour away from the game.
5. Tonight’s Tale of the Tape.
6. An important game in the race for the SEC. South Carolina sits atop the SEC at 9-1. If Kentucky wins, they’re tied for first. If Florida wins, they’ll be tied with Kentucky for second place.
7. Florida played a difficult non-conference schedule. With Gonzaga, Duke and Florida State on the schedule, it’s the third-ranked non-conference schedule in the nation.
8. Canyon Barry shoots free throws granny-style. This should be old news, but if you don’t know, now you know.
Shaky footage from his time at College of Charleston.
9. A triple-double from the bench. Before I give the junior guard too much credit, this accomplishment happened against Missouri. Still, Chris
Chorizo Chiozza’s triple double (12 points, 12 rebounds and 10 assists) was the first in college basketball by a bench player in nine years.
10. The Gators have won three straight games by 30 points or more. That streak ends tonight.
Go Cats. Beat Florida.