Kentucky has added another non-conference opponent to its 2017-18 schedule as the Utah Valley Wolverines are set to play in Rupp Arena this fall. Utah Valley is coached by former Kentucky and Indiana Pacers power forward, Mark Pope. Pope has spent the past two seasons at Utah Valley after spending four years as an assistant coach at Brigham Young University.
The non-conference schedule is almost set as there are only four more opponents that have not yet been announced.
The schedule as we know it:
- November 14 vs. Kansas (Champions Classic)
- TBD vs. East Tenneessee State University (Rupp Arena)
- TBD vs. Utah Valley (Rupp Arena)
- December 2 vs. Harvard (Rupp Arena)
- December 9 vs. Monmouth (MSG)
- December 16 vs. Virginia Tech (Rupp Arena)
- December 23 vs. UCLA (CBS Sports Classic)
- TBD vs. Louisville (Rupp Arena)
- December 27 vs. West Virginia (Big 12/SEC Challenge)
The last four non-conference opponents will likely be teams similar to ETSU and Utah Valley, watch out for those names to be announced in the coming weeks.
Earlier this week, we found out who Kentucky will play in this year’s SEC schedule. The league released the matchups for each team and here’s who UK will face in the conference season: