KSR’s Jack Pilgrim is joined by Shawn Smith of Go Big Blue Country for episode 77 of the Sources Say Podcast to discuss Kentucky’s disappointing home loss to Alabama and the program’s emotional day following the tragic passing of Ben Jordan.
The Sources Say crew starts the show by breaking down the 85-65 loss from start to finish. Among the topics:
- UK’s offensive performance was a disaster
- Alabama was the 3-point shooting team we thought they were
- Breaking down the breakdowns on both ends of the floor
- Dissecting John Calipari’s questionable comments about the offense
- Does Terrence Clarke give UK the perimeter defender it needs?
- Regardless of final score, Isaiah Jackson is a special defensive talent
- Devin Askew continues to grow, but he’s not a complete product… yet
Pilgrim and Smith then close out the show by talking through Jordan’s death and the emotional impact it has made on the program.
- A crushing blow for the UK Athletics community
- What Jordan meant to the Kentucky basketball program and the school as a whole
- A much-needed reminder that there is more to life than basketball
Listen to the episode in its entirety below:
Missed our previous episode breaking down Oscar Tshiebwe’s commitment to Kentucky? You can find it, along with all past and future episodes, by subscribing to the official Sources Say Podcast feed on iTunes right here.
Not on iTunes listener? You can also subscribe to the show on Spotify.