KSR’s Jack Pilgrim is joined by Travis Graf of Cats Illustrated and Shawn Smith of Go Big Blue Country for episode 54 of the Sources Say Podcast, where the trio discuss Paolo Banchero’s surprise commitment to Duke, UK pushing to hire Texas assistant Jai Lucas, and Kentucky’s recruitment of Skyy Clark, Bryce Hopkins and Hunter Sallis.
The Sources Say crew starts the show by breaking down Banchero’s commitment to the Blue Devils and how significant of a loss it is for Kentucky.
- How big of a surprise was the commitment?
- UK misses on an instant college star
- Where did Kentucky’s confidence from the fall go? Did the momentum shift when he opted to stay in the class of 2021?
- What does it mean for Kentucky’s recruiting efforts moving forward?
- Does UK need to change their recruiting philosophy?
Pilgrim, Graf, and Smith then discuss Kentucky’s push to add Jai Lucas to the coaching staff.
- The circle of life with Kentucky basketball
- What’s the latest? Is it a done deal for UK?
- How did we get to this point?
- What kind of impact would he make on the staff, even as a special assistant to the head coach?
The trio ends the show by breaking down their trip this week to see Skyy Clark work out in Kentucky, along with other recruiting news.
- What did we think about Clark’s performance?
- Sage Tolentino, a 7-foot center with recent Kentucky interest, also played. What did we think of his game?
- Is UK going to pick up interest/contact?
- Could Kentucky basketball turn the recent streak of bad news into positive over the next few weeks?
- Are we on commitment watch for a recruit?
- Who else is nearing a decision?
You can listen to the show directly here:
Missed last week’s episode? You can find it, along with all future episodes, by subscribing to the official Sources Say Podcast feed on iTunes right here.
Not on iTunes listener? You can also subscribe to the show on Spotify.