KSR’s Jack Pilgrim is joined by Travis Graf and David Sisk of Cats Illustrated for episode 53 of the Sources Say Podcast, where the trio of recruiting insiders discuss Kenny Payne taking the Knicks job, UK hiring Bruiser Flint as his replacement, the NCAA confirming college basketball bubbles are on the table, and Kentucky’s interest in former Louisville commit Bryce Hopkins.
The Sources Say crew starts the show by breaking down Kenny Payne’s decision to leave Kentucky for the New York Knicks, along with UK’s anticipated hiring of veteran coach Bruiser Flint.
- How bad does Payne’s departure hurt Kentucky?
- Could he return to Lexington one day?
- What do Kentucky fans need to know about Bruiser Flint?
- Is it a good or bad hire for UK?
- A breakdown of the updated Kentucky coaching staff
Pilgrim, Graf, and Sisk then discuss the NCAA’s announcement that college basketball will be played, and it could include bubbles.
- “As long as basketball is being played safely anywhere in the world this season, we’ll be playing college basketball.”
- Mitch Barnhart speaks up, says “we’re going to find a way to play”
- What would a college basketball bubble look like? Could Kentucky host it?
- Should fans feel confident about seeing this impressive UK squad?
The trio then breaks down UK’s new interest in former Louisville commit Bryce Hopkins, followed by an interview with his head coach, Staunton Peck, to close out the show:
- What do Kentucky fans need to know about UK’s newest target?
- How did UK’s virtual visit go on Wednesday evening with the four-star forward?
- Is an offer coming?
- Just how good can he be?
- How high could he have shot up in the rankings if summer basketball was played?
- Why did Hopkins decommit from Louisville? What is he looking for in his recruitment?
- When is a decision expected?
You can listen to the show directly here:
Missed last week’s episode? You can find it, along with all future episodes, by subscribing to the official Sources Say Podcast feed on iTunes right here.
Not on iTunes listener? You can also subscribe to the show on Spotify.