KSR’s Jack Pilgrim is joined by Travis Graf and David Sisk of Cats Illustrated for episode 42 of the Sources Say Podcast. This week, the trio of recruiting insiders is back to break down the latest in DeAndre Williams’ recruitment, Makur Maker’s back-and-forth between the NBA and college, and whether or not Olivier Sarr will receive a waiver to play next season at Kentucky.
Among the topics:
- Breaking down the timeline of events for Evansville transfer DeAndre Williams
- Did Williams misread his finalists and each roster? What went wrong with each school…
- An odd quote from Williams’ camp that shifted the entire recruitment
- Did the UK coaching staff back away?
- Where will the versatile forward land?
Then, Pilgrim, Graf, and Sisk discuss Makur Maker’s recruitment and the latest from his camp.
- Pilgrim speaks with Maker’s guardian, Ed Smith. Where do things stand?
- How often are Kentucky and Maker’s camp speaking? Which coach is in regular contact?
- Two favorites emerge
- What will go into Maker’s NBA Draft decision? When should we expect that announcement?
- Does anyone actually think he explore the college route seriously?
To close out the show, the Sources Say crew discusses Olivier Sarr’s upcoming waiver battle with the NCAA before answering a few mailbag questions.
A few talking points:
- What’s the latest regarding Sarr’s eligibility? Will the Wake Forest transfer be able to play?
- Kentucky’s optimism is growing
- Why the NCAA might be lenient this offseason in particular
- Jonathan Kuminga?
- Is UK done recruiting for the 2020-21 roster?
- Where do things stand with 2021 recruits and beyond?
- Who would win in an arm wrestling match between Graf and Sisk?
You can listen to the show directly right here:
Missed last week’s episode breaking down Olivier Sarr’s commitment and what it means for Kentucky? You can find it, along with all future episodes, by subscribing to the official Sources Say Podcast feed on iTunes right here. Not on iTunes listener? You can also subscribe to the show on Spotify.