KSR’s Jack Pilgrim is joined by Travis Graf and David Sisk of Cats Illustrated to break down Matt Haarms’ commitment to BYU, how it came to fruition, and what’s next for the Kentucky coaching staff in their efforts to close out the 2020-21 roster.
To start the show, the Sources Say crew discusses Haarms’ commitment and when things turned in Kentucky’s recruiting efforts.
- How long was the UK coaching staff confident in landing the 7-foot-3 center?
- When did BYU momentum pick up?
- Why those close to the Purdue basketball program think Haarms would have been a horrible fit at Kentucky
- Is the Kentucky fanbase more worried about the timing of the loss and who else is still available rather than Haarms as a player?
- Is there a level of concern about who UK can find to close out the roster?
Then, Pilgrim, Graf, and Sisk break down the other options and the likelihood they end each up in Lexington.
- Will Kentucky continue to look at the grad transfer market, or is a reclassification the answer?
- VCU transfer Marcus Santos-Silva is not expected to be an option
- Kentucky reaches out to one 2020 prospect and another 2021 reclass option
- Could the best option come from the immediate eligibility transfer rule potentially being passed?
- Which transfer could be a game-changer for Kentucky’s season?
You can listen to the show directly right here:
Missed last week’s episode breaking down Terrence Clarke and the latest NBA G League news? You can find it, along with all future episodes, by subscribing to the official Sources Say Podcast feed on iTunes right here. Not on iTunes listener? You can also subscribe to the show on Spotify.