KSR’s Jack Pilgrim is joined by Travis Graf and David Sisk of Cats Illustrated for episode 31 of the Sources Say Podcast. This week, the trio of recruiting insiders is back to break down Kentucky’s loss to Tennessee, how the Wildcats choked away a 17-point lead, and the drama surrounding Ashton Hagans.
Among the topics:
- Kentucky looked like a Final Four team in the first 25 minutes of the game. What happened down the stretch?
- What do we need to know about the back-and-forth between Ashton Hagans and John Calipari, Nick Richards, and others on the Kentucky bench?
- David Sisk reviews the film (and drama) live on the air
- Sifting through the rumors and the truth
- Should we start worrying about Hagans as we approach SEC and NCAA Tournament play?
- Was Kentucky’s loss good for Kentucky as they approach postseason play? History tends to lean that way.
- Is this team still capable of winning a national title?
Then, Pilgrim, Graf, and Sisk discuss 2020 four-star center Cliff Omoruyi cutting his list to three and excluding Kentucky.
- After hinting at this news in recent weeks, there wasn’t much shock in Kentucky missing out on Omoruyi
- Greg Brown is Kentucky’s final scholarship offer in the frontcourt. Any news on that front? How should we feel about his father’s positive quotes about the Cats?
- Does Kentucky feel good elsewhere? If so, who?
- Pilgrim shares scoop on graduate transfers and why that may be Kentucky’s likely path this offseason (and moving forward)
- Will the new NCAA transfer rule change everything right away?
Finally, the Sources Say crew breaks down Skyy Clark’s recent visit to Lexington and why Kentucky fans should feel GREAT about his recruitment.
A few talking points:
- Pilgrim and Graf sit down with Clark and his family. How did that conversation go?
- Is there anyone else to worry about in this recruitment?
- When might an offer come for the five-star guard?
- Will Clark end up in the top five of the 2022 recruiting rankings? It certainly looks that way.
- The story behind Vanderbilt offering Clark’s little brother
To close out the show, Pilgrim, Graf, and Sisk discuss a few final recruiting notes and key visitors for Kentucky.
You can listen to the show directly right here:
Missed last week’s interviews with future Wildcat forward Cam’Ron Fletcher and UK target Kennedy Chandler? You can find those shows, along with all future episodes, by subscribing to the official Sources Say Podcast feed on iTunes right here. Not on iTunes listener? You can also subscribe to the show on Spotify.